Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
With the game finished I found myself with only one critic, it's linked to my experience of the game and what it made me felt while playing so it's a very subjective critic, not everyone had the same experience.

I basically felt a disconnect between what the story was telling was what supposed to happen and what was actually happening. Alexander is supposed to be new to magic, to have a big potential but not being able to masterise it nor use it efficiently but in the game he never felt at any point like the underdog and from them never felt like he was improving. The story tell us he was level 0 at magic then he get better but I never felt that first difficulty for the character. Even the threat of overusing his magic dissapear quite easily in the story (it's supposed to exist but no longer felt the danger). So the character become way too soon way too powerfull without really any drawback and thus reduce quite a much (for my experience) any supposed dangerous situation.
A similar problem with Miyuki, whom I particulary like, two times she is a damsel in distress but at the same time she's never technically bested in magic since her being in danger is either due by poison that blocked her power or by sneak attack in what is supposed a safe place. Also while she is more experienced in magic has no real experience outside her sheltered life in her clan. From my experience the characters didn't feel like they had the place to grow.
On a comparaison note in Terminus Reach the balance between the powerfull MC and the danger he faced as well as the risk of his own power felt way better.
I don't know if I managed to correctly express this critic given it's linked to a personnal experience of the game any way I wish Talothral the best for his next endeavour and Sorcerer was nonetheless a great game.

flame13th

Sep 21, 2016
I'd gotta say this is one of the good games that I've played for modern supernatural genre. The only thing that I find is that the Main Character, Alexander, is not what the novice character trope. Kinda wish to see more on how he struggles with learning magecraft and fighting enemies that are stronger than he is and grow stronger through failures. But if this is a power fantasy trope, it is okay for me.

Other than that, this is an entertaining game for me and I really enjoyed playing this. All the best to Talothral for future games, and I would say this one is a great game.

EDIT: I would love to play your next game. Would be interested too if you put it in the same universe as this one.
KtXtvzr.gif

Reactions: reaper2332
Jan 28, 2019
Such mixed feelings.

On one hand, it ended very well, and I'm quite satisfied.
On the other, it felt like there was room for so much more story before it ended. And I just feel that some of the lovers didn't get enough screen time (not sex scenes, but actual dialog and plot scenes, interactions with each other, etc).

That's my experience with both of this dev's games so far. Great, deep, well done stories, with endings that make you feel satisfied, but a feeling that the endings came... too soon?

Either way, I was laughing hysterically at the end when it kept going back to the nurse station for yet another baby. Wish there was dialog there with the nurses!
Wish there were a few more hospital born babies, just to add a few more screens. Too funny.

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
Wanted to say a massive thanks to Talothral for this game.
It's been a proper pleasure to play & I'm sad to be finishing with this world, but equally interested to see where you go with your next project!
Outstanding work man, top drawer. (y)
You have played TR: Sentinel I hope ;)

I'd gotta say this is one of the good games that I've played for modern supernatural genre. The only thing that I find is that the Main Character, Alexander, is not what the novice character trope. Kinda wish to see more on how he struggles with learning magecraft and fighting enemies that are stronger than he is and grow stronger through failures. But if this is a power fantasy trope, it is okay for me.

Other than that, this is an entertaining game for me and I really enjoyed playing this. All the best to Talothral for future games, and I would say this one is a great game.

EDIT: I would love to play your next game. Would be interested too if you put it in the same universe as this one.
View attachment 1680315
His next game is gonna be a sequel to his previous game, Terminus Reach (YES!!!! )

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021

View attachment 1680315
So, again as many of us have pointed out. His next game is Terminus Reach 2. In his mind for now, he's done in the Sorcerer Universe(Though technically it's probably should be the Tal Universe). He's returning to his original game. What does that mean after he finishes that, who knows. He may return or do a new project.

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
So, again as many of us have pointed out. His next game is Terminus Reach 2. In his mind for now, he's done in the Sorcerer Universe(Though technically it's probably should be the Tal Universe). He's returning to his original game. What does that mean after he finishes that, who knows. He may return or do a new project.
We are about to get heeping helping of Queen Chiel, he can be thinking of rewriting War and Peace aftet that for all I care :ROFLMAO:

J68

Mar 4, 2018
This was definitely one of my favorite games.
I understand that a dev feels he has told everything that he wanted in a game, but here is the thing.... When a games is done like this one, people like me, will always want more, and it will always feel like the end came too soon.
Maybe, hopefully one day Talothral will return to this game and maybe give us a second episode.

Reactions: reaper2332

BubbaRiley47

Apr 16, 2021
I enjoyed this game from beginning to end but was very disappointed that Sabrina got zero love in the ending!! She got a quick mention at the grave and nothing at all in the epilogue.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
GG ;)
No angelic baby :cry:
There was, well a bit older...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Try with this:
I enjoyed this game from beginning to end but was very disappointed that Sabrina got zero love in the ending!! She got a quick mention at the grave and nothing at all in the epilogue.
Yes...
Nothing...

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
4.40 star(s) 139 Votes