Ren'Py Sorrow of Rebirth [v0.5] [Pepega]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

angevarg674

Sep 5, 2022
Well, if you're going to *ahem* take inspiration from something, you might as well do it from the best. And right now, LiL and Sensei Overnight are definitely the best at whatever this genre of not quite isekai is called. I'll give it a shot, why not

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So first we had a niece, then we had a aunt pretending to be a niece, now its a sister pretending to be a niece. What's next? mom pretending to be a niece?
Don't forget a physically younger female version of the MC from an alternate universe pretending to be a niece to you in the main universe.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We still need a daughter, mother, best friend, pet, etc, pretending to be a niece. I'm sure someone will even have a trap being your niece at some point. LiL made the Uncle and Niece thing a staple of the genre apparently.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
For harem I can say that you will have option to have relationships with multiple girls at the same time and some of the relationships will have "sharing" (not exactly Harem content, but it's something close)
As for NTR part, main character can't be cucked by another male. However, one girl being NTRd by a different one? Maybe, maybe not.
O wow... a dev that knows when the MC shares the LIs with other LIs it is sharing and not harem. That's rare.

Question though, is the LI sharing avoidable? (i.e. only time the LIs are touching eachother is in a threesome or foursome with MC). or will the les content be unavoidable?

Reactions: MAD6999

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Don't forget a physically younger female version of the MC from an alternate universe pretending to be a niece to you in the main universe.

We still need a daughter, mother, best friend, pet, etc, pretending to be a niece. I'm sure someone will even have a trap being your niece at some point. LiL made the Uncle and Niece thing a staple of the genre apparently.
.... lets hope unlike SO, they won't be a over-used hoe with a bodycount in the thousands...

Reactions: Boardguy and MD27

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
.... lets hope unlike SO, they won't be a over-used hoe with a bodycount in the thousands...
This game seems to be a lot less depraved and a lot more grounded than SO, so I doubt we'll have to worry about stuff like that, or stuff like being cucked by an alt version of yourself that is a literal dog, which could actually be a possibility in that game.

Just wholesomeness here, so far.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
This game seems to be a lot less depraved and a lot more grounded than SO, so I doubt we'll have to worry about stuff like that, or stuff like being cucked by an alt version of yourself that is a literal dog, which could actually be a possibility in that game.

Just wholesomeness here, so far.

Anyway enough of me ranting about SO, lets hope this promising game is good.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
So with all these creepy-teacher simulators and their copious love interests characters sort of blend together after a while, but isn't Ai just Mori from Sensei Overnight, like exactly? Unless she is Mori from SO, which is theoretically possible.

So far this is a decent start, but it needs something to separate it from the pack eventually.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So with all these creepy-teacher simulators and their copious love interests characters sort of blend together after a while, but isn't Ai just Mori from Sensei Overnight, like exactly? Unless she is Mori from SO, which is theoretically possible.

So far this is a decent start, but it needs something to separate it from the pack eventually.
They are both more or less red haired tsunderes.

Mori is definitely more of a mix of Maya, Rin, Futaba, and Yumi from LiL, tho.

Ai here just seems to be a Tsundere maid for the most part.

Of course it is just begining, so who knows what Ai will become.

Reactions: Boardguy

Boardguy

Feb 14, 2018
I actually really liked when Ai headbutted her desk during the festival. Girl bruises like a banana. On Ai, she seems to be way less social than even Mori and way quicker to anger by comparison when it comes to Erza. Erza seems to be a man of way fewer words when compared to Janu and Sensei but that might be because he is Information technology vs English(language) & Literature like the other 2 plus he seems way more stable, even though he wouldn't have minded having an "accident" happening to him at the start of the game.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Is " Ezra's" name carved in stone? It's very very easy to allow the player to rename the MC and that particular name isn't something you would normally see. It would really take me out of the whole experience personally.

Reactions: Werner von Hass

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
You can change your name at the start of the game or in your room.
Good. The way the summery is worded made it sound like the MC was just another NPC. Maybe it should be along the lines of "In Sorrow Of Rebirth you'll witness a 24 year old man, who becomes a teacher by miracle ". Looking at it now, is all of the writing like that, missing parts of the sentence structure and odd wording?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
The beginning of this seems rushed. It feels like some scenes and dialogue are missing.
Yes. Rushed and very automated. There is a severe lack of player agency from what I've played through so far. It's also hard to ignore the fact that this is trying very hard to be like LiL.

Reactions: punisher2099

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Review

1. Game Play: 1/5 (what game it plays more like a sandbox kinetic novel like it does not know what it wants to be)
2. Story: 1/5 (no story not even a summary)
3. Writing: 1/5 (dry.. I mean bone dry. I can't even get into the dialogue it's just boring and uninteresting)
4. Audio: 2/5 (has some music)

I've deleted it.. there is nothing interesting in the game it is not even average. Title is appropriate you will feel sorrow for wasting your time on it.

• Haha
Reactions: notBatman747
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes