4.30 star(s) 41 Votes

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
As far as I know, to sell the bots, click the orders tab on the bots lab console, if you make the bot with the right specs, you'll see a button labeled "fulfill", just make sure the bot has an IQ of less than 140.
You can sell any bot (also illegal ones) when you are on the pirate outpost. Same for arcade.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Thanks
I did a couple more Bounties and Nimhe came to me ofr help with something, I think she wanted me to make a bot to infitrate a station, thing is, I can't seem to find anything more about it, not in the bots orders list or the quest list.
Would you have any idea what she wants me to do.
That the start of a bigger quest and kind of hard to explain in full.

TLDR: You need to fly out to the Outer Fields Zone and click on the Asteroids to kick it off.

There is a walkthrough in OP for V0.6 that explains the details should they have gone unnoticed in the dialogue.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
So,

In-game quest log tells me: find out where V is on the lower decks

walkthrough tells me: Once in the Lower Decks search for hints of V…

To put it bluntly: I have no damn clue of what I am supposed to do.

Satalin

Jul 24, 2017
How? I can't get to the station
go To the Pirate base there you can get it but you need mi NOT 5 to get Krogneath to sell you things

So,

i was stuck there too but you need your Uplink higher than 50% in power but lower than 60% later you in this quest you need 80% but lower than 90% and yeah i have 100% an uplink and other tech in my ship and was stuck there for a long time.

i hope it helped you guys

ok i was wrong you need trigger pirate base quest and hire the girl there to trigger. had a litte talk with yv0751 and found out were the "bug" was.

Last edited:
Reactions: greymetalsinner

Test279

Sep 4, 2019
Did you buy the stuff you were to smuggle to the point? Like transport missions but with illegal goods
Ah that's it, for some reason I thought I had the smuggling items.
Thank you for the clarification. It works now. :)

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
- Illegal cargo: Buy the Mk2 cargo compressor, add cloaking modules and you can land at iltari. You can buy illegal goods in bulk at Krogneath (NOT 5+) in the pirate base. Make simple smuggling or lvl1 bounty missions to up Notoriety to 5
Does the game explain how to add modules? I skim the text a lot so it might be my fault but even after I had the cloaking modules it took a little bit for me to figure out how I was supposed to use them. Likewise, does adding Promethium to the lab extension do anything? The mouseover text doesn't mention any bonuses.

Once I was able to get three AI Cores to fully upgrade my laser, the fights became much more doable but I still don't like the pirate base missions. Smuggling never seemed worth it (I had more than enough money from bounties and slave trading basically requires doing t4 bounties anyway) and I was really only there for AI Cores so just checking the Cantina every day for t2+ bounties and going to sleep if there weren't any. Then just hoping the enemy ships drop some cores. Took hours to get 10 and I fell asleep before getting an 11th (3x engine, laser, uplink +1 for training and 1 for V). I guess you could do it with five if you swapped a lot. Similarly, by the time I had three AI cores for engines, I had millions of credits and barely bothered with mining the Outer Belt. It especially sucks that sometimes you'll get hazards placed so that you can't get the ? crates.

Had some terrible luck with the robots this playthrough as well. First set of missions was 1x G1-only and 2x Military-only which became 3x Military-only when I finished the first one. Would be nice if you could re-roll one per day or something.

Last thought is that the combat feels broken. I'm guessing it's supposed to be turn-based or turn+point based (like XCom) but it's not working correctly so sometimes you'll get an enemy ship in range and just shoot them to death while they sit there and other times the enemy will suddenly take five turns in a row after several dozen turns of back and forth.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Does the game explain how to add modules? I skim the text a lot so it might be my fault but even after I had the cloaking modules it took a little bit for me to figure out how I was supposed to use them. Likewise, does adding Promethium to the lab extension do anything? The mouseover text doesn't mention any bonuses.

Once I was able to get three AI Cores to fully upgrade my laser, the fights became much more doable but I still don't like the pirate base missions. Smuggling never seemed worth it (I had more than enough money from bounties and slave trading basically requires doing t4 bounties anyway) and I was really only there for AI Cores so just checking the Cantina every day for t2+ bounties and going to sleep if there weren't any. Then just hoping the enemy ships drop some cores. Took hours to get 10 and I fell asleep before getting an 11th (3x engine, laser, uplink +1 for training and 1 for V). I guess you could do it with five if you swapped a lot. Similarly, by the time I had three AI cores for engines, I had millions of credits and barely bothered with mining the Outer Belt. It especially sucks that sometimes you'll get hazards placed so that you can't get the ? crates.

Had some terrible luck with the robots this playthrough as well. First set of missions was 1x G1-only and 2x Military-only which became 3x Military-only when I finished the first one. Would be nice if you could re-roll one per day or something.

Last thought is that the combat feels broken. I'm guessing it's supposed to be turn-based or turn+point based (like XCom) but it's not working correctly so sometimes you'll get an enemy ship in range and just shoot them to death while they sit there and other times the enemy will suddenly take five turns in a row after several dozen turns of back and forth.
Thanks for pointing the combat bug out.
Just in time to bring it into V0.7. It was indeed an issue.
After your action points are used up you are not supposed to be able to fire during the enemy turns.
Fixed that in V0.7.

The AI-Cores in V0.6 are not accessible enough loot-wise for new players who come without a stock in their pod.
In V0.7 if you have less than 3 cores, you are (somewhat) favoured regarding loot drops until you have at least three, and then a bunch of mobs drop cores.

The bots / order system is totally revamped and less clunky in V0.7. You can sell any bot any time, but if you have no order there might be a discount applied. Also unified all bot transactions into the terminal and not the configurator.

Tons of stuff to think about as the mechanics gets more complex :)

Edit: Promethium opens Hypertrain Mode for the lab. Load a promethium, press Hypertrain and Instatrain your bots :) for a few turns

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
How? I can't get to the station
Pirate base or random space encounter with Scrap traders (they are the cheapest anyway)
So,

There is a camera with a purple glowing lence down there in the mainhall... click that light to get an Event

negative1

Jun 5, 2017
There is a camera with a purple glowing lence down there in the mainhall... click that light to get an Event
Yeah I also am stuck. I had already found the camera and I did what was said above and dropped my uplink to 58% and still nothing when I sleep. I also have not seen a pirate base.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Yeah I also am stuck. I had already found the camera and I did what was said above and dropped my uplink to 58% and still nothing when I sleep. I also have not seen a pirate base.
Sorry for anyone stuck there.

The pirate base trigger is a bit awkward (you need to make a bot that is illegal, ie. too intelligent with IQ140+).
When you store it, BB-2 chimes in that those are illegal and could be sold at a pirate base and the quest goes from there.
You hire khelara at the base and then also the vee / corridor angle continues.

There is no relation to dropping stats on any subsystem. You only need them to be above a certain value for some quests.

Will make that more transparent with V0.7. Its described in the walkthrough but should also be clearer without.

negative1

Jun 5, 2017
There is no relation to dropping stats on any subsystem.

Will make that more transparent with V0.7. Its described in the walkthrough but should also be clearer without.
So what about the V quest? I can not figure out what the problem is. Do I have to be able to get to the pirate base to see her?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
jup that you need to do and have khelara in your crew then it should trigger
Yeah, thanks for clarifying, thats it.

I added an updated walkthrough (Rev6) in OP, which explains that part a bit better I hope and also explains the POD migration procedure

peter1212

Oct 12, 2017
weird bug perhaps, started a new game and the trader in the bar doesn't have a map for me in her inventory. Her shop opens up but nothing is there.
Looking at the walkthrough for the game now and it states to talk to the bartender who will tell you about the map and the trader.
When I talk to her now she doesnt tell me about the map or trader, just general info etc etc.
I wonder if it bugged out because I instantly used the slot machine instead of talking to her and then instantly talked to the trader.

Got past it using URM tool and forced her shop to restock.

This just happened to me in version 0.6, just started the game and cant progress any further...

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes