SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Those 2 last updates were a waste of time... just continue the god damn storyline, who cares about early stages, they weren't even bad to begin with
It's already been discussed before, but (especially in this market) first impressions are everything. The quality of renders is the first thing people see, and is praised more than the story in some cases. So, updating earlier art to come up to par with later work is a better idea than add "trust me, the art gets better two hours in, no really, I swear" as a tagline.

Honestly, Vimes' character development throughout that series is probably my favorite of any book series. Never has there been a man desperately asking the world where his cow is with more emotion. Vetinari was also great and I am to this day heartbroken that he never got around to completing his training of Lipwig before Pratchett died. God damn Parkinson's.
I loved Lipwig. I was glad to see new recurring characters, especially in Ank-Morpork. Pratchett used to say he didn't want any more stories in Ank-Morpork because they'd always gravitate towards Vimes somehow, and he didn't want to write about him anymore (and I can't blame him, too much of a good thing just ruins it), but Lipwig somehow was able to stay clear of Vimes (which is ironic considering Lipwig's past, I know).

Does the game still end after getting arrested?
No, CIS gets him out of jail, Ranli ends with a major cliffhanger and then, like the jerk he is, pushes two updates that improve older artwork instead of conintueing the story.. Which means, in order to catch up again, it'll be best to start from scratch again, but hey, at least we'll see better artwork this time.

Kodi

Jun 30, 2017
I suppose there aren't a lot gay male focused games but holy smokes, what's with the super focus on this for a bunch of them now for months?

are gays the new cucks, swinging their money around
Too bad most of them aren't even worth trying. This game is far from "gay male focused" tho.. It can be if you choose only gay paths, I suppose.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
now dv is confused that he should be happy or sad :unsure:
Happy! :p
Honestly, Vimes' character development throughout that series is probably my favorite of any book series. Never has there been a man desperately asking the world where his cow is with more emotion. Vetinari was also great and I am to this day heartbroken that he never got around to completing his training of Lipwig before Pratchett died. God damn Parkinson's.

Btw, I know you added some extra m/m options during this remaster process, anything to look out for in particular in regards to M/F content or are those parts mostly the same except for the better graphics?
keep up the good work and looking forward to things continuing. (y)
Cheers itshowyoumetme! :D It's mainly just upgrades - but some of them turn previously unfappable scenes into fappable scenes :LOL: (e.g. Morgana's slightly dodgy vagina is now the fixed version and the Daemon gangbang is properly rendered). New sexual content is mainly in the fantasies (Fatima and her bros feature heavily).

RIP Terry - you made me laugh for many years! (sometimes publicly and embarrassingly on the train :LOL:)
Does the game still end after getting arrested?
Big Cis scene after that!
It's already been discussed before, but (especially in this market) first impressions are everything. The quality of renders is the first thing people see, and is praised more than the story in some cases. So, updating earlier art to come up to par with later work is a better idea than add "trust me, the art gets better two hours in, no really, I swear" as a tagline.
100% - the original scenes were done when I had a very poor rig, and I always hoped to get enough dem patreon dolla to get a machine that could handle a remaster! :LOL: The older pics weren't only holding the game back - they were a constant itch in my mental space - and getting them done has made very happy indeed! But to any questioners - I promise you I would not have willingly spent 9 weeks remastering well over a thousand images if I didn't think it were vital... not with a shapeshifter on the loose and a psionically linked sister glaring at me! ;)

Reactions: L30 and SuddenReal

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
I am all for updating outdated renders to an up to date look

BUT

you read the synopsis and then play the game/VN and you feel
like you're still in the intro.

There is a lot of content but it feels bloated and with only very little story progession.

Reactions: Mantis-male

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
not with a shapeshifter on the loose and a psionically linked sister glaring at me!
No! We're supposed to be the simps who can't distinguish fiction from reality and over-identify with the MC. That's what all the NTR discussions have thought me ("But who cares? It's a cartoon character that's fucking another cartoon character. I'm just happy I see sex!" "Butt mah gurlz!").

• Haha
Reactions: L30 and RanliLabz

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
I suppose there aren't a lot gay male focused games but holy smokes, what's with the super focus on this for a bunch of them now for months?

are gays the new cucks, swinging their money around
Yes! :LOL: Gay & Trans are where the money is in games right now... but woe betide anyone who tries a cynical cashgrab for it (kinkistas can smell a fake a mile off ;)) However, I should say that there is no new m/m content in this update (just remastered) - just some new f/m and futa pics :sneaky:
Too bad most of them aren't even worth trying. This game is far from "gay male focused" tho.. It can be if you choose only gay paths, I suppose.
It's roughly equal now (following the previous remaster) - about 50 f/m, 40% m/m, 5% futa and 5% 'debatable' :LOL: You can play an entirely straight or entirely gay game... bar a few annoying questions here and there :D
RanliLabz

After reading the changelog, I take it that it would be best to start a new game?
Yes - all new content from the last 2 updates is in the first 1/4 of the game. Hope you enjoy the replay!
you read the synopsis and then play the game/VN and you feel
like you're still in the intro.

There is a lot of content but it feels bloated and with only very little story progession.
It is the intro ;) - consider it a First Act in VN form before the second act sandbox. All major storylines are approaching a satisfactory Act 1 conclusion and can be individually pursued or discarded in Phase 2. Bloated can be argued - but do remember that this is sci-fi before making that assessment ;)

Reactions: L30 and mechev

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
That's because it still IS the intro. Phase 1 will be finished soon, and then the actual game will start, which will be a sandbox game.
....It is the intro ;) - consider it a First Act in VN form before the second act sandbox. All major storylines are approaching a satisfactory Act 1 conclusion and can be individually pursued or discarded in Phase 2. Bloated can be argued - but do remember that this is sci-fi before making that assessment ;)

I didn't know that, it was just that this game/VN is around for some time now and has quite the file size.

So, mea culpa. Looking forwad to the real game then!

Malcowitz

Feb 14, 2018
Yes! :LOL: Gay & Trans are where the money is in games right now... but woe betide anyone who tries a cynical cashgrab for it (kinkistas can smell a fake a mile off ;)) However, I should say that there is no new m/m content in this update (just remastered) - just some new f/m and futa pics :sneaky:
Yeah, I ain't gonna accuse this game of bandwagoning when it's been very clear about its nature from the start or the fact that they remade the start: I think videogames are one of the few art forms where that's really possible and so definitely, people should take advantage of that.

I only wish it was my fetish of loving relationships leading to pregnancy that was being encouraged everywhere BUT ALAS

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I'm pretty sure that I could add that in in later updates ;) It's unlikely to feature much (not my particular kink), but it's already sparked off two pretty hot ideas... one during a planned follow-up exam with Nurse Goodyear, and another with Lt Kex and her foot-long tongue :love:
That would be amazing, the MC giving one would be nice also.

Reactions: RanliLabz

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
That's because it still IS the intro. Phase 1 will be finished soon, and then the actual game will start, which will be a sandbox game.
Heh, I heard that before.
Like... 6 months ago and then the game turned into the great remastering for all the gay choices you could possibly hope for, or not in my case.

Not that there's anything wrong with a dev adding variety, but we're way past the point where I'd believe any promises about the ever so elusive sandbox part of the game coming soon.

T8888L

Aug 14, 2017
Just found this game and wanted some clarification regard the "Patreon Code"?
[ Patreon-only in-game content - including the full Creep Minigame!]
I prefer to get my games via Itch.io and have no issues paying (good) for a game that is not finished.

What exactly is hidden behind the Subscription Paywall?
(that seemingly not even Itch users get. I mean, $6,30 per month is a pretty hefty price.)

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Heh, I heard that before.
Like... 6 months ago and then the game turned into the great remastering for all the gay choices you could possibly hope for, or not in my case.
Not that there's anything wrong with a dev adding variety, but we're way past the point where I'd believe any promises about the ever so elusive sandbox part of the game coming soon.
:LOL: It's actually rather worse than that - my original project for the start of Phase 2 was September... 2019 :oops: I have a tendency to bite off more than I can chew. For clarity, though, MC now merely has to get back to the cadets and go to bed to complete Phase 1...
PS: also worth noting that in the last 6-7 months f/m players have: rescued Anna from the Clutches of Sarge after a lot of lesbian flashbacks and a femdom sex-scene, got a feline-alien preggers while in jail, had several bouts of sex with a Nazi, and telepathically spied on their sister's fantasy about blowing after she got them hard in a public corridor. I mean... it ain't nothing :LOL:
I only wish it was my fetish of loving relationships leading to pregnancy that was being encouraged everywhere BUT ALAS
You might have to hold out for the very end of the game for that (eta 6 years o_O)
Just found this game and wanted some clarification regard the "Patreon Code"?
[ Patreon-only in-game content - including the full Creep Minigame!]
I prefer to get my games via Itch.io and have no issues paying (good) for a game that is not finished.

What exactly is hidden behind the Subscription Paywall?
(that seemingly not even Itch users get. I mean, $6,30 per month is a pretty hefty price.)
Hey Tomten! Yes, the password is only available via patreon or subscribestar - it's not on itch because I don't charge for the game there (though donations are always appreciated!) As far as in-game content, you get a few extra scenes like the creep minigame, access to Cis' laptop, additional pics in Wrestlmania and so on - but the main benefits are the sidelines (up to 4 associated minigames, backstory comics, Xenobiology lectures, and a whole bunch of pics, polls, teasers, etc.)
does anyone have a walkthrough for this version?
:) This version has an in-game walkthrough (both a hardcopy version and a interactive version you can bring up by pressing the 'w' key at any time.)

Reactions: L30 and h3avenw0rd
4.10 star(s) 168 Votes