viktorbb

Jul 7, 2020
I don't think there was any particular resolution.

I sometimes wonder whether I should put a Trigger Warning on the game - but it would either have to be very long, or very short ('Do not play this game if anything - anything at all - triggers you') :LOL:
Don't do it. My personal preference of course, but I find them to be less "a polite courtesy for potentially surprising content" and more of a:

"Here's a hoop, jump through it, creative person.

You don't know me or if I even am who I say. You couldn't possibly have known I was or wasn't in your audience (or lack thereof). But if - as an optional courtesy (that you can certainly omit, clearly, but if you do, you're literally the H-named bad man, whom you're free to be if you want) - you don't extend thorough, comprehensive details of every category of event that may or may not upset a person (note that "what may upset a person is subject to capricious change because every possible event that could or could not happen in real life, could or could not happen in fiction)

I felt like abandoning that, it's clear. Instead, I'll divert to a funnier alternative.

On your "Want to see more?" screens, add a text box somewhere with the word "Triggered?" and make that hyperlink to a form which demands detailed documentation (including video evidence of the physical manifestations of the triggering, all personal information to verify the circumstances of the triggering, and consent to medical procedures including but not limited to brain scans (via traditional means or by Volchak), to rule on any and all triggering claims. Have very opaque payout policies. Basically, invent "RanliCo.'s" TM (a company you'll eventually start) newest and bestest product, "Trigger Insurance", and have them submit their claims there. If it needs to be nationalized, put it in the ..

[There is no Ninth Branch]

• Haha
Reactions: RanliLabz

viktorbb

Jul 7, 2020
Autofellatio lessons are a novel form of house arrest :p

With governments coming under fire for Covid lockdowns, it might just take off (seriously - pitch it to Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings. They might actually go for it :LOL:)
We've all been saying you're the UKs Solzhenitsyn, Ranli. Glasnost is my favorite sexual position.

• Red Heart

perles75

May 16, 2020
The thing is: in the Spacecorps promotional video you are greeted with three "political pop", so to speak, contemporary figures that are the 'giants' over whose shoulders Spacecorps has been founded. If you feel offended when you watch that, maybe the game is not for you -so that works perfectly as a trigger warning in itself, no need for more!

P.S.: never change the humour of the game Rani, it's what's makes it special

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
The thing is: in the Spacecorps promotional video you are greeted with three "political pop", so to speak, contemporary figures that are the 'giants' over whose shoulders Spacecorps has been founded. If you feel offended when you watch that, maybe the game is not for you -so that works perfectly as a trigger warning in itself, no need for more!

P.S.: never change the humour of the game Rani, it's what's makes it special
Yeah - that one might have been make or break for some people. Especially Gary Busey :LOL:
We've all been saying you're the UKs Solzhenitsyn, Ranli. Glasnost is my favorite sexual position.
I'm partial to a spot of light perestroika... phwoar!
Can i overthrown this militaristic government and become Galactic Emperor? :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Come on, we already have the Force. That is halfway there! :LOL::LOL:
Wait... how did I manage to miss that one off the list? :LOL: I have now changed high obedience, medium faith, low tribalism to Galactic Emperor.
Ok so...
low faith, high obedience, high tribalism... My aim is to set up summer camps for aliens who are easily distracted to help them focus

Too dark?
Change that to medium faith and you're in charge of the entire Gulag network :p
Ok so ...
low faith, no obedience, and high tribalism ... ... Going for full revolution. (y)
Lol - although be aware that with high tribalism, your revolution is quite localised and anti-xeno (that option is 'Ganymede First')

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
Yeah - that one might have been make or break for some people. Especially Gary Busey :LOL:

I'm partial to a spot of light perestroika... phwoar!

Wait... how did I manage to miss that one off the list? :LOL: I have now changed high obedience, medium faith, low tribalism to Galactic Emperor.

Change that to medium faith and you're in charge of the entire Gulag network :p

Lol - although be aware that with high tribalism, your revolution is quite localised and anti-xeno (that option is 'Ganymede First')
My personal favorite real world reference is Saint Sarah Palin

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
That one also shows the dangers of overdoing the 'contemporary' references though: They get dated really quick. Palin had her heyday 12 years ago, which may not seem like much to some of us (FourYorkshiremen.gif), but is practically Ancient History to some of the young 'uns around here.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
That one also shows the dangers of overdoing the 'contemporary' references though: They get dated really quick. Palin had her heyday 12 years ago, which may not seem like much to some of us (FourYorkshiremen.gif), but is practically Ancient History to some of the young 'uns around here.
Lol - it was a while back. But the game's chocka full of ancient old jokes and oblique references (seriously, I think it might be pathological).
Everything is proceeding as i have foreseen.
View attachment 863923
star_wars_meesa_empra_by_brandtk-d9m8y7y.jpg
Meesa Emperor!​

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
Well, it's like watching Gilmore Girls. You're not gonna get every reference, but it's a fun ride nonetheless.

alexxxx000

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2020
Hey, Ranli.

So, it took me a long time to finally comment fully on the last update, because I decided to play through different choices and even go for het scenes, as I mentioned like a week ago or something.

First, a couple errors I found

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

About the last update it was short but sweet. I imagine straight folks have no idea of all the lore we get during the Rydick backstory and how much it illuminated the nun scene. I'm sure you plan to add that backstory somewhere else for the other players.

Doing the Titanic sequence with Sam was the sweetest thing ever. I did not expect that at all, but I loved it. Also, it's cute how ashamed Jimmi was at Sam basically throwing himself at him.

And Cole... That tsundere asshole, I love him so much. He put up this macho act like he hated it, but that smirk and green +2 told us all we needed to know. I cannot wait to break down those walls.

You really made it hard for me and my Sammi OTP shipper heart, your heartless monster. And yes, I have decided that Sam + Jimmi is called Sammi and ya'll will just have to deal with my ship name.

Also, and this is not a complaint, just an observation, Cis and Anna seem to be the clear frontrunners of this whole show. We even get a dream sequence BJ scene for Cis and Anna masturbates looking at us and Sarge. If I were straight I'd probably go for Cis, I like the character a lot.

And about Anna, she was PISSED I didn't save her in that last "pick your romantic interest" scene. So that cunt was totally hearing me call out to her over the railing in the sex dungeon and ignored me. I'm actually glad I didn't save her!... OK, kidding. I totally didn't save her so I could have a bro wank with Chad. But who did save her, if not me?

I've mentioned this before, but the song choices are LIT. Losing My Religion in that Rydick scene and the Crazy Morgana one in the beachworld are specially inspired.

And a question: I saw the Take On Me sequence like a thousand years ago, during a couple playthroughs, but I cannot for the life of me find it again. The game has so many choices now, I just can't remember what to do to get it or even how it comes about.
I remember loving it.

Finally, I know folks have been asking for a skip button and I'd like to second that. My playing setup just doesn't allow for holding control, since I don't use a keyboard. Of course that's a minor detail. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Hey, Ranli.

So, it took me a long time to finally comment fully on the last update, because I decided to play through different choices and even go for het scenes, as I mentioned like a week ago or something.

First, a couple errors I found

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

About the last update it was short but sweet. I imagine straight folks have no idea of all the lore we get during the Rydick backstory and how much it illuminated the nun scene. I'm sure you plan to add that backstory somewhere else for the other players.

Doing the Titanic sequence with Sam was the sweetest thing ever. I did not expect that at all, but I loved it. Also, it's cute how ashamed Jimmi was at Sam basically throwing himself at him.

And Cole... That tsundere asshole, I love him so much. He put up this macho act like he hated it, but that smirk and green +2 told us all we needed to know. I cannot wait to break down those walls.

You really made it hard for me and my Sammi OTP shipper heart, your heartless monster. And yes, I have decided that Sam + Jimmi is called Sammi and ya'll will just have to deal with my ship name.

Also, and this is not a complaint, just an observation, Cis and Anna seem to be the clear frontrunners of this whole show. We even get a dream sequence BJ scene for Cis and Anna masturbates looking at us and Sarge. If I were straight I'd probably go for Cis, I like the character a lot.

And about Anna, she was PISSED I didn't save her in that last "pick your romantic interest" scene. So that cunt was totally hearing me call out to her over the railing in the sex dungeon and ignored me. I'm actually glad I didn't save her!... OK, kidding. I totally didn't save her so I could have a bro wank with Chad. But who did save her, if not me?

I've mentioned this before, but the song choices are LIT. Losing My Religion in that Rydick scene and the Crazy Morgana one in the beachworld are specially inspired.

And a question: I saw the Take On Me sequence like a thousand years ago, during a couple playthroughs, but I cannot for the life of me find it again. The game has so many choices now, I just can't remember what to do to get it or even how it comes about.
I remember loving it.

Finally, I know folks have been asking for a skip button and I'd like to second that. My playing setup just doesn't allow for holding control, since I don't use a keyboard. Of course that's a minor detail. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Thanks alexxx! :p Good feedback - and very useful to point out the inconsistent parts. Straight players will be getting some of that lore (parcelled up very differently) - but the main take-away from all of it is that there’s Shapeshifter on board! (If you’ve already seen the Rydick scene, most of that info didn’t replay in the Beretta scene).

As far as Anna and Cis being front runners... not quite (Fatima and Sam will be coming to the fore in the next update). A lot of it is just the order that everyone gets their ‘big scene’. Well, maybe Cis maybe has a little more, since she’s both a PLI and a stat-trainer.

PS: Take On Me appears if you choose Luke in the Brig scene - when MC enters a fugue state while being assaulted. It may be the most insane part of the game so far :LOL:

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I took some time off from the game to have more content to play later on and it didn't work as I hoped it will :unsure: So I've decided to check the new update and play from the beginning (the beginning being - of course - the 1st meeting with Kex:alien:). I must say I've enjoyed the new update much more than the previous one up to the point where I could choose my (I mean MC's) LI. I mean, really?! no Kex?! What a tremendous disappointment! I want her and MC leave SpaceCorps together and wage an intergalactic war against all this religious and/or tribalistic and/or obedient folk. (I chose Fatima btw [could opt for a certain muscular sarge if given the chance though...] and I understand that the choices make sense for story reasons). But getting back to the present, the good, righteous nuns are hot as hell too, can't wait to meet them closer and deeper and get my sins forgiven (or multiplied I guess?). Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next update and I hope that there will be many more games set in your universe (it would be nice if you could work with some devs that specialize in kinks that you aren't a big fan of on additional games/routes/paths/scenes/sequences/pocket universes/timelines/...).

perles75

May 16, 2020
I took some time off from the game to have more content to play later on and it didn't work as I hoped it will :unsure: So I've decided to check the new update and play from the beginning (the beginning being - of course - the 1st meeting with Kex:alien:). I must say I've enjoyed the new update much more than the previous one up to the point where I could choose my (I mean MC's) LI. I mean, really?! no Kex?! What a tremendous disappointment! I want her and MC leave SpaceCorps together and wage an intergalactic war against all this religious and/or tribalistic and/or obedient folk. (I chose Fatima btw [could opt for a certain muscular sarge if given the chance though...] and I understand that the choices make sense for story reasons). But getting back to the present, the good, righteous nuns are hot as hell too, can't wait to meet them closer and deeper and get my sins forgiven (or multiplied I guess?). Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next update and I hope that there will be many more games set in your universe (it would be nice if you could work with some devs that specialize in kinks that you aren't a big fan of on additional games/routes/paths/scenes/sequences/pocket universes/timelines/...).
I think that it was planned that you could choose only between the Ganymedeans, I guess because they're those who are closer to you. In the future you'll have the opportunity to switch to more exotic possibilities (it does make sense story-wise... all the game up to now covers less than 1 day, hard for a person who has been very isolated in a very closed society until now to declare "love interest" for people so far from his comfort zone)

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I think that it was planned that you could choose only between the Ganymedeans, I guess because they're those who are closer to you. In the future you'll have the opportunity to switch to more exotic possibilities (it does make sense story-wise... all the game up to now covers less than 1 day, hard for a person who has been very isolated in a very closed society until now to declare "love interest" for people so far from his comfort zone)
Yeah I know, I was only half serious while writing my 'complain' ;) As I wrote in my post it does make more sense story-wise. I suppose our guy could have a crush on someone he just met, but in order to have some 'action' with LI it had to be one of the recruits.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes