RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
I think what you refer to as postwork is what I consider reparation. Poke throughs, misformed bends, model breaks, etc.. As to postwork I refer to I am talking about adding dream blurs, fx, or other enhancements. When I render I use as little to no postwork as possible, lighting, to some affects glows through ref mapping, and proper cam positions can help to avoid most reparation needs. Compared to '07 and '03 when I was doing most my renders, the models, scripting, lighting, etc.. have further alleviated the need to special effective postwork.

What I refer to postwork is exampled here in a render I did in '07
View attachment 868015

Whereas in '03 I rendered this with no postwork.
View attachment 868014
Main noticeable diff is the dream filter I added for mysticism.
Great renders, dboura! :love: Especially considering the older models you've managed to make so much more lifelike (your 2003 is better than several big-time devs 2020 work).

I actually meant that some don't even fix things up in post. I have to a lot - all those skin-tight, bulge-hugging outfits on custom characters come with a cost in photoshop time... especially since I have to do a lot of close-ups of the trickiest areas. I don't do a huge amount of other postwork to save time - mainly just adjusting curves, vibrance, saturation, etc... with the occasional filter if necessary (if I want a sepia tint, or a touch of movement blur, etc.)

Reactions: dboura

dboura

Aug 4, 2019
Great renders, dboura! :love: Especially considering the older models you've managed to make so much more lifelike (your 2003 is better than several big-time devs 2020 work).

I actually meant that some don't even fix things up in post. I have to a lot - all those skin-tight, bulge-hugging outfits on custom characters come with a cost in photoshop time... especially since I have to do a lot of close-ups of the trickiest areas. I don't do a huge amount of other postwork to save time - mainly just adjusting curves, vibrance, saturation, etc... with the occasional filter if necessary (if I want a sepia tint, or a touch of movement blur, etc.)
Yeah reparation work, during my toying in the latest daz build, I noticed somethings that make that needed, G8 tends to have tricky joint bends. Though somethings are also easily fixed through deforce models and scripting addons and a denoiser bat file.

Reactions: RanliLabz

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Yeah reparation work, during my toying in the latest daz build, I noticed somethings that make that needed, G8 tends to have tricky joint bends. Though somethings are also easily fixed through deforce models and scripting addons and a denoiser bat file.
I’ve noticed G8 seems to have a problem with hairstyle scalp-maps - there’s often some strange poke-throughs on the forehead like little black circles. Found it with some of my own work first, and then noticed it in several others published work. Personally, I’m still a G3 aficionado.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
although it surprises me how many successful games have none (to the extent of poke throughs).
I completely agree. Too many times I've been taken out of the moment by going "well, that's an obvious poke through..." or "huh, she's strong to keep her hand afloat like that while it should be resting on the bed".

A long time ago I came up with the original idea of a nerd finding a magic book with the idea of seducing the girls in his school, but then something went wrong along the way and the project was cancelled...

bad night.png

The thing that irks me the most (other than the texture on the closes gravestone) is the fact that the staff is clipping through his hand.

I’ve noticed G8 seems to have a problem with hairstyle scalp-maps - there’s often some strange poke-throughs on the forehead like little black circles.
That's because the hair is a bit too big for the head of the model. Just make the forehead of the hair less wide and it'll clear up.

dboura

Aug 4, 2019
I’ve noticed G8 seems to have a problem with hairstyle scalp-maps - there’s often some strange poke-throughs on the forehead like little black circles. Found it with some of my own work first, and then noticed it in several others published work. Personally, I’m still a G3 aficionado.
Haven't noticed the scalp concerns on my renders, but I usually use full hair and not scalp only so they might be covered. As for G3 I haven't really used them yet.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
I completely agree. Too many times I've been taken out of the moment by going "well, that's an obvious poke through..." or "huh, she's strong to keep her hand afloat like that while it should be resting on the bed".

A long time ago I came up with the original idea of a nerd finding a magic book with the idea of seducing the girls in his school, but then something went wrong along the way and the project was cancelled...
:LOL: Yes... it can be quite distracting. Especially when a foot disappears into a couch.
View attachment 868064
The thing that irks me the most (other than the texture on the closes gravestone) is the fact that the staff is clipping through his hand.
Good pic - love the sky! With items like the staff that come with pre-loaded hand-poses, the easiest way is to add them after you've posed the main figure - usually it doesn't take much tweaking after that.

Even badly textured assets can be improved with lighting - as can other elements of the scene. It looks like you're just using the environment and camera headlamp - consider turning the last off and adding your own lighting. I'd suggest making the staff head emissive to focus the scene and using white spotlights to simulate the moon on the character's backs. Perhaps an orange spotlight (like fire) from off-screen bottom left? And pointlights to pick out any details that you want to highlight.
That's because the hair is a bit too big for the head of the model. Just make the forehead of the hair less wide and it'll clear up.
Yes, I only noticed after rendering (and then had to clone and smudge them all right)... but it wasn’t at all visible in viewport and depended how close the camera was. Not sure G8 is as good, generally.
Haven't noticed the scalp concerns on my renders, but I usually use full hair and not scalp only so they might be covered. As for G3 I haven't really used them yet.
I mean the scalp mesh of all haircuts :)

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Yes, I only noticed after rendering (and then had to clone and smudge them all right)... but it wasn’t at all visible in viewport and depended how close the camera was.
If you look at the wire frames, you can see the scalp. Just make the forehead depth smaller until it’s gone.

dboura

Aug 4, 2019
Yes, I only noticed after rendering (and then had to clone and smudge them all right)... but it wasn’t at all visible in viewport and depended how close the camera was. Not sure G8 is as good, generally.
The viewport not fully catching things, isn't really a G8 related issue, more of a shell viewing issue. As an example, take Dicktator/Futalicious. Vein vascularity, wet definitions, ridge bumping. Those are unviewable in the viewport, whereas the final render will definitely show their effect. I believe the scalp is similar to how shells are viewed. Textures and whatnot will show, while finer details will not. What I do for Shells is run a test area render over the specific shell area, if I like it then I keep the settings, if not I change and repeat until I get the settings of how I want. Try working with how SuddenReal specified with scaling dials while to test area render the scalp to spot any poke-throughs. Area Renders don't take as long as a full render and shows what that area will render like.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Meanwhile I'm just running my faith into the ground because I want to worship Lloricain and wondering if there will be gay foot fetish scenes at some point seeing as we got it for the straight path.
Lol - after the next update you’ll have to tell me how much you’ve got it down to (I haven’t done all the maths yet :LOL:). There might be m/m foot fetish scene in the future, but it’s not a particular kink of mine ;)
Glitch? Bug? User Error?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I’ll look into it. Was it on a fresh play through, or from an older save?

Reactions: manboy555

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
I haven't played the most recent build but had a similar thing one or two versions ago when continuing an old save. Had to go back and skip through with a new game to fix it.
That explains it. If the save is from after the last daemon scene, it doesn't include the triggers that show Daemaniac as activated (I reorganised the whole system when I added the Daemon sheets). It's not a bug, so it should be easy to change activation - without needing a replay - in the next update :D :devilish: :D

Reactions: Ashenthorn

H1M

Jun 8, 2017
One thing I notice about a lot of games here invariably they all seem to go giant with anatomy. I occasionally like petite girls or perky tits or a heart shaped ass... do not need everything giant sized so hoping you keep some variety in here. Good job BTW!

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
One thing I notice about a lot of games here invariably they all seem to go giant with anatomy. I occasionally like petite girls or perky tits or a heart shaped ass... do not need everything giant sized so hoping you keep some variety in here. Good job BTW!
Thanks H1M! :D Yes, I enjoy variety too - Anna, Roxanne, Cathy, Kex & Gilly are some of my smaller breasted girls (A-B-cup) and all have much more content to come!

Zorrscha

Dec 2, 2019
I was actually wondering if you'd ever add the option to have a brother instead of sister? Since you'd expect to have the same fetish & kinks for a gay route if it's in development. :unsure:

Ashenthorn

Dec 18, 2019
That explains it. If the save is from after the last daemon scene, it doesn't include the triggers that show Daemaniac as activated (I reorganised the whole system when I added the Daemon sheets). It's not a bug, so it should be easy to change activation - without needing a replay - in the next update :D :devilish: :D
Yep, it was an old save. It seemed to be cosmetic only, so I wasn't too worried about it.
I hadn't played since last December, so I'm gonna start a new save/playthrough anyway.

I'd also like to say as a banjo player and big fan of "Pickin' On...", Hayseed Dixie, etc... your music choices in the game (and not just the bluegrass) couldn't be more perfect. :love:

One of the best soundtracks of any game ever.

dboura

Aug 4, 2019
I was actually wondering if you'd ever add the option to have a brother instead of sister? Since you'd expect to have the same fetish & kinks for a gay route if it's in development. :unsure:
Maybe have an older brother so the scenes wouldn't have to be remade. One where he meets him down the line or who knows maybe discovers he has a brother he didn't know about?

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes