gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Other than that, so far it's pretty funny. I guess the game is 100% done? There are some things that don't seem to have content like the aliens and cybers. Only demons seem to have their scene gallery active.
Act 1 is more or less done, the game as a whole is nowhere near.

There is always a better way. What about the MC evolving BASED on the player? And variety is the spice of life right? First time hearing that choice and options are a bad thing.
The MC is evolving, slowly. I'd agree somewhat that the joke of the dumb MC is wearing thin, but there should be chances to remedy that as the game progresses.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
There is always a better way. What about the MC evolving BASED on the player? And variety is the spice of life right? First time hearing that choice and options are a bad thing.
First time really? I assume you're the type that consumes rather than creates then, those options don't appear out of thin air. Someone needs to
  1. Predict what the player will want to do,
  2. Create art that represents those choices,
  3. Account for these choices in the story
In short the work load and complexity sky rockets.

I want intelligent MC's and choices too, but even AAA Devs can't manage that.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
First time really? I assume you're the type that consumes rather than creates then, those options don't appear out of thin air. Someone needs to
  1. Predict what the player will want to do,
  2. Create art that represents those choices,
  3. Account for these choices in the story
In short the work load and complexity sky rockets.

I want intelligent MC's and choices too, but even AAA Devs can't manage that.
Yes, I am more of a consumer than a creator. That doesn't however mean that I'm dumb as a bag of bricks, akin to this MC and all too many others. The dev already does choices for dialogue. All it takes is to have one of them be an option that doesn't make MC seem like, I am sorry to say, a fucking naive retard. LOL I know this is being done due to MC apparently having been indoctrinated by the religious doctrine on the moon, but then this should also be true for the sister and mother, but they seem to not be as zealous. Feels like a cop-out to me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: mikel8519 and Grelk
Feb 12, 2020
Yes, I am more of a consumer than a creator. That doesn't however mean that I'm dumb as a bag of bricks, akin to this MC and all too many others. The dev already does choices for dialogue. All it takes is to have one of them be an option that doesn't make MC seem like, I am sorry to say, a fucking naive retard. LOL I know this is being done due to MC apparently having been indoctrinated by the religious doctrine on the moon, but then this should also be true for the sister and mother, but they seem to not be as zealous. Feels like a cop-out to me.
MC is a character, not just a blank slate for the player to project.

perles75

May 16, 2020
Season 1 final? So they didnt add nothing? like nothing for Fatima, sad
Indeed Fatima hasn't had dedicated content for a while (she was the first of the bunk bed conversations, even). But plot-wise it wouldn't make much sense, considering it's not her who's the Shifter.

Pretty sure things will change soon with the second season, especially because she's going to win the poll for most favourite female character on Patreon, which means that Ranli will prioritise her content.

Reactions: Loganfin

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

I've seen so many positive recommendation about this game that I finally decided to try it. And all I can say is that this game is good but also annoying at times.

The worldbuilding is really vast, even if only in flashbacks.
The characters are plenty and all with different personalities.
The story is simple and makes it easy to follow the MC path then becomes more complex at some point too.
The art is really well done.

It's really good that we can chose what we want with every possibilities (het, bi curious, bi or gay, including futa). But it's also what frustrated me : as a bi man, I don't want to choose between the nurse Fiora/the medibot M.A.X., Morgana/Lancelot, the nurse/Hanzi, Invigilator Meera Munipanni/Constable Ayewn.
The same with the attitude points : it's so difficult to gain them but so easy to loose them (be late, interact with Jared, building a relationship with Chad...). I was going to try almost every character possible but I don't think I'm ready for the cost.
The virtual stable and psychometrics are interesting to keep in check your character (with the less useful progress) but always incomplete since you can't encounter every character and every kink/trait each playthrough. Enabling or disabling kink isn't practical too : just because we don't want to see a scene with a character with a specific kink doesn't mean we don't want to see that specific kink (ex I could be interested in pegging but not with sergeant Titiana Krussef, though if I click on the bubble and choose no, pegging is then disabled). There are other exemple of that problem. For me, watching a scene depend on : if I like the character, if I like the kink, if the context fits in, if the MC is still able to perform (seriously, if you chose every sexy scene on your playthrough, the MC should be completely drained before even reaching the first training...). Also, in Cis talk, we're presented cousin Felix and if interested, asked to choose between top or bottom and it's sad there's no versatile option.
There are too many bad ends. I avoided them thanks to the ingame walkthrough since I was interested in where the story was leading to.
There are some stuff forced on the player that were troublesome (like Morgana becoming pregnant even if you don't want so I'll chose Lancelot in the future). Most of the time, you're caught having sex if you chose so, covered in semen and it's not fun to have to justify your actions every time.
It's good to have a message when you miss an opportunity but the way it's done is making the player guilty of something (as much the "Sexual opportunity missed" is just saying "Hello, you can try again that possibility because there's some content I added there that I would like you to see" and is understandable, as much the "Rejected" with the sound on it is always making me sad like I'm a bad guy...
There are some strange options at times (like when interrogated by Invigilator Meera Munipanni, you can bring on the regulation number but still be able to chose to stay with her so what was the point of bringing them in that case...).
The choice of a PLI is also strangely done : you chose your PLI but it's the PLI that react to that choice.
The faith of the MC seems to take too much place : everything he does is related to that, meaning that if he was that much faithful, the odd of that many sexual encounter happening and being accepted so soon (by the player yes but still) should be scarce, or he should changing his point of view over time (in the end, he still wants to pray even if he had sex every possible time in reality or thanks to his powers).
I also wanted to respect the MC initial choices the better I can but after trying to rescue Anna, my interest in her dropped very low.

I hope the plot revelation won't involve any death nor horror.

I encountered some errors that I could ignore to continue the game.
There are many spelling errors but I don't know if those are real errors or if it's language tics of specific locations.
There are 3 walkthrough for Jared.

I'm just sharing what I thought and felt and Iknow the dev won't come by anymore but if it can reach him and help him even a little, I'll be glad.

Good continuation.

Reactions: Grelk and heivid

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of SpaceCorpsXXX Season_1_Finale_1.0.1.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

geordie

Oct 16, 2017
PUBLIC VERSION SPACECORPS v.0.3.7a
WINDOWS
:
MAC:
ANDROID:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: laserjet28

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Can someone tell the DEV that switching from "0.3.8" to "season finale" is an asshole move, atleast call it "0.3.9 Season finale" or something that includes the old version convention, it'll stop mistakes like name a new release by a number that is lower that the previous number.

0.3.8 to
Season Finale to
0.3.7a

Seriously!!

perles75

May 16, 2020
Can someone tell the DEV that switching from "0.3.8" to "season finale" is an asshole move, atleast call it "0.3.9 Season finale" or something that includes the old version convention, it'll stop mistakes like name a new release by a number that is lower that the previous number.

0.3.8 to
Season Finale to
0.3.7a

Seriously!!
The number of the season finale version is 1.0.0 (now 1.0.1 after the technical update), so I don't get either of your points (it has a number and it's higher than the previous number).
It switched to 1.0.something because the first season is considered complete.

Reactions: Peter Stott

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
The number of the season finale version is 1.0.0 (now 1.0.1 after the technical update), so I don't get either of your points (it has a number and it's higher than the previous number).
It switched to 1.0.something because the first season is considered complete.
  1. Jumping from 0.3.8 to 1.0.0 is a valid version progresion if that is game complete, but he didn't do that, it went to "Season 1 Final" :p
    -----
  2. PUBLIC VERSION SPACECORPS v.0.3.7a
    Doesn't look like v1.0.0 to me #7,387 (and yeah I get that might be a simple typo by Geordie)
    -----
  3. V1.0.0 generally means complete as in bug testing has finished, and this is the final release version, is this the final release version? or is it just the end of the Intro?
    -----

perles75

May 16, 2020
  1. Jumping from 0.3.8 to 1.0.0 is a valid version progresion if that is game complete, but he didn't do that, it went to "Season 1 Final" :p
    -----
  2. Doesn't look like v1.0.0 to me #7,387 (and yeah I get that might be a simple typo by Geordie)
    -----
  3. V1.0.0 generally means complete as in bug testing has finished, and this is the final release version, is this the final release version? or is it just the end of the Intro?
    -----
The season finale has always been called v1.0.0 by the dev 1651754595880.png .
I mean, it's even in the name of the files of the post you linked...

This is the final release version (except for technical updates) of season 1. The game is made up by three seasons. One can quibble if it's enough to jump to v1.something. Considering that season 1 is easily the length of a complete game, that the next stage will have different mechanics and it's somehow self-contained, I think it's acceptable (also, I don't care about numeration enough). It's surely a momentous enough occasion to be marked by a clear jump with what follows; it's not just the end of a small chapter in a longer story.

Reactions: WindySakura

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
The season finale has always been called v1.0.0 by the dev View attachment 1794367 .
I mean, it's even in the name of the files of the post you linked...

This is the final release version (except for technical updates) of season 1. The game is made up by three seasons. One can quibble if it's enough to jump to v1.something. Considering that season 1 is easily the length of a complete game, that the next stage will have different mechanics and it's somehow self-contained, I think it's acceptable (also, I don't care about numeration enough). It's surely a momentous enough occasion to be marked by a clear jump with what follows; it's not just the end of a small chapter in a longer story.
My point was based on how it was represented here, and in look at the changelog, looks like I was blaming the wrong person though and it was an oversight by whoever updates this page/changelog rather than the Dev.
it's even in the name of the files of the post you linked
It's not in the header of what I posted, which is what provoked my post :p

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes