Others Completed SpacEscape -Chibi Edition- [v0.55] [Urielmanx7]

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes

LDV

Jan 23, 2018
years letting the og game gathering dust and cobwebs and he releases this weird thing, ma deus, seems like a slap on the face. At least we know he's alive, been missing you ureil

N3wTroll

Aug 15, 2018
You mean he released this thing while pretending the original game hasn't been basically dead for years?
He has been developing this ever since abandoning the old game. The chibi version is an easier goal to complete to allow him to hone his animation and coding skills before trying to develop the main game again.

Soul_Devour

Jun 10, 2017
Even if this is a chibi version, and that the original may be worked on again eventually by this person in a sort of remake, I'm glad to see that this character and it's story is being brought back after so many years. I loved this back then, and hopefully we'll all love it even more in a more modern make.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
the chibi edition is his project to learn the engine from what I remember, once he finishes that he'll remake the game proper
Yeah I get that. i'm sure the original commenter did too. But it's been dead over 10 years. This is something you'd think of maybe 8 years ago...at the latest?

But hey, At least he's getting back into it.

KungFuKitteh2

Jun 9, 2017
All this is really good for right now is showcasing the animations. Gameplay-wise the current build is nigh unplayable due to the bugs with even just traversing rooms...

I'm just glad the old music isn't making a return, cause that shit would get stuck in my head for days on end :ROFLMAO:

Untamed

Mar 8, 2018
Literally everyone and their grandmothers said:
He changed Mitsuko's artstyle, wtf
Mitsuko was drawn by NoPenNameGirl in the original. This new chibi version is UrielMan's own artstyle.
Literally everyone and their grandfathers said:
I don't like this new game, I liked the original better.
It'll grow on you, give it a chance.
The original hasn't been abandoned either, work will continue on it once this one is over with, as this current project is to learn how to use this engine, as the original will soon be ported to it in time.
A few people said:
Wow, so buggy.
Cool, feel free to let him know so he can patch out those bugs and improve the game!

Reactions: DoorFive
Dec 9, 2018
Screenshots do be going a tad too much in the cute direction, but might be cause of being used to the other version

gonna give it a try

itthatbetrays

Dec 13, 2018
I usually hates chibi styles but I find this one quite cute. Maybe it's because I also dislike old school anime like the original game, so to me this is an improvement.

thebighorny

Aug 30, 2020
Really rough around the edges but it might be worth keepeing an eye on, the MC is cute and the animations are pretty nice.
Hope the creator adds more stuff soon, although after reading some of these comments i doubt that'll happen hahahahaha.

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes