RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
For those wondering why I do not highlight the text in the players bedroom with my mod:

screenshot0005.png

I did actually start doing this and done the ones for Bill's house, but never added it to my mod, the reason is because it's too tedious and putting a hint before entering the bedroom is so much easier.

Here's some of the code I did for the playerroom at Bill's house:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Once I finished Bill's house and realised how much I'd have to do for Brenda/Street/Lexi(/House in future) I gave up on the idea.
(especially with needing to highlight the added work option)

If someone wants to waste hours of their life on the playerroom writing 'if statements', be my guest :ROFLMAO:

It took me about 13hrs (in total) to make the mod for 0.5, if I did the playerroom too, it would have probably taken double that (if not more).

Last edited:

LunarBit

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2020
For those wondering why I do not highlight the text in the players bedroom with my mod:

I did actually start doing this and done the ones for Bill's house, but never added it to my mod, the reason is because it's too tedious and putting a hint before entering the bedroom is so much easier.

Once I finished Bill's house and realised how much I'd have to do for Brenda/Street/Lexi(/House in future) I gave up on the idea.
(especially with needing to highlight the added work option)

If someone wants to waste hours of their life on the playerroom writing 'if statements', be my guest :ROFLMAO:

It took me about 13hrs (in total) to make the mod for 0.5, if I did the playerroom too, it would have probably taken double that (if not more).
download.gif
I commend your effort.

My next project after Spring City should be more linear and less sandbox.

Reactions: RIC0H

LunarBit

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2020
Hey, everyone. I think I should share some things with you. So we're on the same page here.
I usually reserve these things for my patrons. But, in this case particular. I need to fill you in.

I've been seeing mentions of "Player House" for store. I want to squash this before it gains anymore traction and presents something unintended.

Now... download1.jpg I know some of you like to data crawl files. But, while I work on content. I like to leave myself notes. It isn't intended or something I have planned. Just ideas. In the case of the house. If I do add it to the store. It will probably be a trigger event to end the game. So if you want to look through files. Please note, comments and gate locked content are only ideas/concepts. I don't intend or want to get anyone's hopes up for something that isn't going to happen. I hope you understand.

Mentioning hopes and expectations. I also would like to address my projects in general for a moment if I may. I started VN's around 06/2020. During that time I have started 3 projects and have learned a significant amount on each. I specifically intend to keep those 3 short in scope.

Konk Island was my first completed story though technically my second project. Pongo Delta, my third project and currently on hold. Spring City, technically my first and now current project. I don't intend to make these long term. Why not long term? First, is rework. I would rather not have to go back to re-render and re-code every time I make a significant adjustment to my creative pipeline. I'm close to honing my process. But, things are still changing too much for me to stay with a project for an extended amount of time. Second, to be honest is boredom/burnout. Every dev faces this barrier and unless something is there to pull us through it. It can feel burdensome. Which also brings me to the last point and that's general interest in the project. Please don't take this the wrong way. But, if a significant amount of the general audience isn't interested in the game. It is what it is and it's time to move on to something else. I know some of you really enjoy the content and want to see more. I want to apologize in advance. If content feels too short for you in the end. I have more projects in mind and want to eventually start on them. I hope you understand.

Thank you all for the support and interest in my projects. I hope to only get better as I continue.

player6969666

Jan 30, 2020
Updated... again.

I've made the walkthrough a bit better and easier to follow.
It will now guide you through every choice from beginning to end (so you wont need to take screenshots anymore).

I've also made the mod give you money for things as-and-when you need them (as long as you follow the green and recommended choices).

At the very end of the game (you'll know when), you can move back to Brenda's and do all the chores to see extra content if you wish.
Thank you for your work on your mod. It sure helps playing this game.

Reactions: RIC0H

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
if a significant amount of the general audience isn't interested in the game. It is what it is and it's time to move on to something else. I know some of you really enjoy the content and want to see more. I want to apologize in advance.
Going by the number of downloads on my mod (and noting that not everyone that plays will use the mod), it's safe to say that a lot of people are interested ;)

Reactions: LunarBit

LunarBit

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2020
Going by the number of downloads on my mod (and noting that not everyone that plays will use the mod), it's safe to say that a lot of people are interested ;)
Maybe through the forums. ;)

1.png
I don't get much on my end, unfortunately. But, it is what it is.

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
Maybe through the forums. ;)

View attachment 1192019
I don't get much on my end, unfortunately. But, it is what it is.
Well I won't leak 0.6 (at least not for a month after release anyhow) and would suggest that others do not leak it either.
That way you'll see the interest in the game.

It will also give me a month to update the mod too :p

LunarBit

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2020
Well I won't leak 0.6 (at least not for a month after release anyhow) and would suggest that others do not leak it either.
That way you'll see the interest in the game.

It will also give me a month to update the mod too :p
Ehh, that's the nature of the beast. If you don't someone else will. I just have to create better content at the end of the day and a project more people are interested in.

Reactions: BOBJevent

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
Ehh, that's the nature of the beast. If you don't someone else will. I just have to create better content at the end of the day and a project more people are interested in.
Or add super loli content and F95 wont post the updates here (so people will have to buy it) :p

Downside is that F95 may remove this thread and you'll lose free advertising. (pros and cons)

or add loli content as a patch that costs more, so the main game will be $5 which can be leaked here and the loli patch would need to be bought (but cannot be leaked here)

LunarBit

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2020
Or add super loli content and F95 wont post the updates here (so people will have to buy it) :p

Downside is that F95 may remove this thread and you'll lose free advertising. (pros and cons)

or add loli content as a patch that costs more, so the main game will be $5 which can be leaked here and the loli patch would need to be bought (but cannot be leaked here)
Yeah, i've been internally debating this for a while. Not this project, but maybe the next.

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
Spring City 0.5 - Walkthrough Mod
And.... Updated again :ROFLMAO:

I noticed that at the end of the game if you came in Lexi you could continue, but if you did one of the other two it would end the game. Now all choices will lead to a continue.
I also removed the ability to give yourself $1M in the store as it was no longer needed due to the mod giving you money as-and-when needed.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Played this for the first time, the stuff with Alex and her cutting her hair was kind of weird but other than that, it's a fun game.

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
Spring City 0.5 - Walkthrough Mod
Updated

I've added a Replay feature to the mod.

It's my very first attempt at a Replay feature, so it's not fancy with pics.

(It's linked on the main menu: Replay)

screenshot0008.png

There are some replays that you may not have seen before if you followed the mod (such as Brenda 2)

Please let me know if you find any problems with the Replay feature.

LunarBit

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2020
Updated

I've added a Replay feature to the mod.

It's my very first attempt at a Replay feature, so it's not fancy with pics.

(It's linked on the main menu: Replay)

Please let me know if you find any problems with the Replay feature.
Ariel has a couple ;) *Handy, Bj, and Amy+Ariel

3.40 star(s) 36 Votes