Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
There are happy endings in other NTRs like Treasure Hunter Mai, Arms Devicer, I believe there's one in other Circle Gyu games. I was just asking whether it was indeed possible not that I wouldn't play if there wasn't. Also you gotta admit the mom was legit out of line on that.
She just wants what is best for her favoured son.

Dragul17

Aug 12, 2018
I understand that you shouldn't go into an NTR game expecting a happy end path but the OP made it seem like it was a happy go lucky comedy rpg with sexual themes. Though it has the NTR tag there are plenty of games like I mentioned that have the tag but it's completely avoidable if you do the right decisions. And in this one it made it clear that if you chose one tent you'd be able to save her pretty much it definitely didn't finish that idea through . it merely decided who you would be cucked by the father squirrel or the kid squirrel

• Angry
Reactions: greenp
Jun 6, 2017
I understand that you shouldn't go into an NTR game expecting a happy end path but blahblahblah
Do you just like the "danger" aspect of NTR or something and want it all to end happily? This stuff seems really straightforward genre storytelling to me, because I can recall countless NTR doujins that have that sort of developments with an untouched, supportive character being there for the POV character, but then in the epilogue, when the worst of the NTR seems to have passed, even that final supporting character is seduced or has been seduced away in secret. Some stories go harder than others with it, but I thought it very appropriate in this games case. That is why both the Tiffany ending and Mom ending felt much better (more painful, rather) than the Harem ending. They got to have that final betrayal.

It's not even subtle, since the woman you "save" with the tent choice is showing OBVIOUS interest in the lewdness in the other scenes.

I guess the game could benefit from a "only bad endings" tag if that even exists on these forums, if that is what this is about.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I'm not into NTR but I played the game for the anatomically correct squirrel and because I was in the mood for some classic RPG experience.

Pretty neat game, I digged the maps and world-building, also really liked the library sections, I'm a sucker for games that manage to integrate the smut without pulling you out of the gameplay.

Main complaint I have with the game-making aspect is that the battles had my least favourite type of balance when it comes to bosses, long drawn-out battles against damage sponges that aren't threatening unless you're very unprepared.

I think people are complaining about the endings because, counterintuitively, the Harem ending is the "happiest" ending. Jack lands on his feet, gets a family of his own, seems to be in good terms with his half-brother; maybe its not the ideal world Jack wanted but all things considered he did pretty well and stayed a pretty reasonable and sturdy protagonist. Meanwhile the Tiffany and Mom endings are MUCH more ball-busting and soul-crushing.

People that wanted the hard-NTR and corruption probably let Stewart fuck both the girls while people that wanted to avoid the hard-NTR and corruption probably tried to "save" one of them, both groups got suckered into the endings they didn't want.

• Haha

Grimlock18

Dec 31, 2018
Stuck in the 3rd tower trying to work out which valves to turn, to get through the 2nd door. anyone know what to do?

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Any news on Squirrel Legacy II progress? I think what I enjoyed most about this game was the sprite sex. A very underused method of showing sex imo. Art is great of course, but for NTR I feel like sprite sex adds a little something, since you're not supposed to be in the know about what's going on as the MC.

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
Any news on Squirrel Legacy II progress? I think what I enjoyed most about this game was the sprite sex. A very underused method of showing sex imo. Art is great of course, but for NTR I feel like sprite sex adds a little something, since you're not supposed to be in the know about what's going on as the MC.
Well... Gotta go back and fix up the love arc. Apparently it didn't do it's job.
Still putting together the pieces of the friendship arc.
There is some stuff and I'm going to have to figure out how to do some of it without a budget. But I do have a plan.

sudieken

Apr 26, 2017
Play the NTRPG series and "To H..." they're all on F95.

worlder

May 17, 2017
This was sort of fun. A lot of tedious dungeons, switch flipping, the awful chain-ambush fights, high enemy rates, etc though. The actual scenes were okay but they were fast, little build up and the tone was weird. The hero didn't even care what happened, which I would have been cool with if the comedy element was played up a bit more. The library scenes and other 'just out of sight' things were great though. Love that stuff. The author did well with his general lack of assets but this was a weird game to make to develop a following. I actually enjoyed Stewart but as a 'comedy' + 'ntr', the squirrel and the fast paced nature of the game it is hard to imagine how many other people would give this a shot or be begging for a follow up. Would like to see the dev either go harder into the bad feelings or harder into the relaxed comedy ntr aspect instead of teetering on the line next time. More build up and escalation of minor acts (vs no flirting -> cumming on them -> fucking them -> slaves) would go a long way too. More dialogue, flirting, ntr flirting, etc during long dungeon segments would be really welcome as well. It was tough to get through. Overall decent and would check out the next game at least to see if things improved.

• Thinking Face

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I don't think the NTR was all that rushed given the short length of the game. Considering that, it had to move a little bit quicker. If SL II is longer, more buildup would be necessary, sure. In-flirting and more library-esque scenes would be great in that sense, but I've mentioned that before. I don't know who does the sprite-work but iirc the majority (all of it?) was BJs, so I hope it can evolve to some fucking next time (or double BJ, which the library scene in the Water tower was crying out for imo!)

I would hope to see the combat fixed though...I played through the SL II demo and so many unavoidable fights that just go on forever. It was also kinda weird to open with the slime fight, far and away the most difficult of the entire demo.

fox92

Feb 21, 2018
Can someone help me plz I’ve not played the game in a couple of weeks and I don’t remember what to do I’ve touched the red crystal and spoken to the guy in the computer room what do I do now?

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Can someone help me plz I’ve not played the game in a couple of weeks and I don’t remember what to do I’ve touched the red crystal and spoken to the guy in the computer room what do I do now?
Go back to the first city and visit the weapons store, talk with the blacksmith.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
i don't know whether to call this game "meta" or just a hint of realism. most rpg maker stories get a "meh" from me, but so far i'm enjoying this

May 8, 2018
How do I get past the part where he's heading home alone to read the two stories? I collected the relic and made the lesser magic sword but I don't know what do to afterwards.

Nobody1337

Mar 14, 2018
Going to chip in, the best part of this game is the immorality and watching the girls be dominated and slow submit despite not wanting to be whores. Watching the "villain" slowly corrupt and steal the girls out from under the oblivious MC was legitimately great, having a willing cuck mc basically ruins it because it's less about the girls being stolen and more about him just being a total loser and that is something that for some reason no other game really gets.

As far as CG vs. Sprite scenes, Sprites are fine although art IS better depending on the usage (Repetitive scenes are probably better as sprites, whereas major scenes should be CG's), the only thing I'd really say is you need maybe some dialogue/descriptions for the sprite scenes to up the level of immorality and ntr, maybe let us see the villain actually dirty talking to the girl's, demanding their submission and him openly molesting/harassing the girls into giving in to him.

3.10 star(s) 8 Votes