3.80 star(s) 58 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
queen trainer related:

289 - Drawing Again.

The work. I spent almost two weeks writing and now it is (finally) time to get back to drawing again. Drawing, drawing, drawing, cute stuff and educational scenes, as always ^_^ I decided not to spoil this new stuff to much, but all this is related to the garden/extra income thing. The plan for the next week is to draw, ink and color a lot of stuff, so next Monday post should be full of sneak peeks and WIPs.

And that all I have to say for now. I know there has been a while since I made any patrons-only posts, but I don't want to over-share and cmake unnecessary spoilers and as a result I don't have any art I would be willing to share right now. Please keep supporting me, the release is coming soon* I swear. See you all next Monday.

rest of post is irrelevant besides 2 pics which won't tell much.

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Band - The Shape I'm In
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
so we know he does live (at least did at the time posting) and still works. the way he did for years, was manually drawing and then convert into computer manageable assets, that means whenever he wants to change or correct something, it's redraw. if he's still doing like that, takes tons of time on itself.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so we know he does live (at least did at the time posting) and still works. the way he did for years, was manually drawing and then convert into computer manageable assets, that means whenever he wants to change or correct something, it's redraw. if he's still doing like that, takes tons of time on itself.
looks to be(based on pics he posted) and right.

Reactions: F1forhalp

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah, the season is "complete", it's on hiatus until the new game is done, then he will come back and make the next season then.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rKnight

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
Yeah, the season is "complete", it's on hiatus until the new game is done, then he will come back and make the next season then.
That's what I was wondering about. Shouldn't the game get the "On Hold" tag or the "Hiatus" tag? I mean, based on his track record, it's highly likely he'll be returning to the game. And I know that, despite the good intentions of the forum, the "Abandoned" tag can be misleading. I mean, wouldn't this technically qualify for the Abandoned tag? I think I remember there being a stipulation that it was 3 months since the last update (but the weekly updates put the kibosh on that), but also if there is no game update, not just an update post, within a certain amount of time, the game gets the tag as well. The game's last update is in 2021. It should at least get the On Hold or Hiatus tag, right?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
That's what I was wondering about. Shouldn't the game get the "On Hold" tag or the "Hiatus" tag?
no. season 1 is complete and season 2 might see daylight someday. if he had started season 2 then this would have abandoned tag (like on queen trainer).

if you want to argue about completed tag then do it with mods and admins and akabur himself but trust me that you'd lose that battle.

Reactions: TheDevian

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
I wasn't saying it should have the Abandoned tag. But it doesn't have any tag and it's been 2 years since the last update for the game. People don't read the forum posts; they just read the very first post and decide from there whether to download the game or not. When people see that the last update was in 2021, they are most likely going to assume the game was abandoned, or that it's limping along where the developer is handing out tidbits every other month about how cool the next update, that they're totally working on at the moment, will be and will blow all the bad vibes of delays out of the water. Adding the On Hold tag will give the "quick glance"rs an idea of what to expect with the game. Hiatus would usually imply that there is something preventing the game from being completed (like the dev's computer got destroyed in a flood, or their country got invaded), where as On Hold feels more like the developer is working on another project before returning to the current project.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I wasn't saying it should have the Abandoned tag. But it doesn't have any tag and it's been 2 years since the last update for the game. People don't read the forum posts; they just read the very first post and decide from there whether to download the game or not. When people see that the last update was in 2021, they are most likely going to assume the game was abandoned, or that it's limping along where the developer is handing out tidbits every other month about how cool the next update, that they're totally working on at the moment, will be and will blow all the bad vibes of delays out of the water. Adding the On Hold tag will give the "quick glance"rs an idea of what to expect with the game. Hiatus would usually imply that there is something preventing the game from being completed (like the dev's computer got destroyed in a flood, or their country got invaded), where as On Hold feels more like the developer is working on another project before returning to the current project.
again: tell that to mods and admins and akabur himself but again you'd be on losing end.

season 1 is complete (and is it's own story) and since no season 2 yet (maybe before 2030) there can't be abandoned or on hold tag (which would lead to abandoned tag eventually) and there are only 3 tags: completed, on hold and abandoned (if you want more then new tag discussion should be open still).

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That's what I was wondering about. Shouldn't the game get the "On Hold" tag or the "Hiatus" tag? I mean, based on his track record, it's highly likely he'll be returning to the game. And I know that, despite the good intentions of the forum, the "Abandoned" tag can be misleading. I mean, wouldn't this technically qualify for the Abandoned tag? I think I remember there being a stipulation that it was 3 months since the last update (but the weekly updates put the kibosh on that), but also if there is no game update, not just an update post, within a certain amount of time, the game gets the tag as well. The game's last update is in 2021. It should at least get the On Hold or Hiatus tag, right?
The problem is that it depends on how he chooses to go about the next part. He could start a new game at part 2, or he could continue this one, we won't know until he does it.
Which other game is Akabur making now?
Yes, it's Queen Trainer, but it seems like he won't release it until he is finished on it.
You can see some of what he is doing with it on his youtube.

Reactions: rKnight

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
this one should get the [completed] tag, instead of abandoned. reason, Akabur himself made it clear: this chapter of the story is complete. some day there will be the next chapter, which will clearly not be this very game here prolongued. this game has what 12 episodes and that's that. tag it [completed] and be done with tags.
jus' sayin'.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
this one should get the [completed] tag, instead of abandoned. reason, Akabur himself made it clear: this chapter of the story is complete. some day there will be the next chapter, which will clearly not be this very game here prolongued. this game has what 12 episodes and that's that. tag it [completed] and be done with tags.
jus' sayin'.
well if this had completed tag then it wouldn't change anything since there would be always those who disagree with tag.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
The problem is that it depends on how he chooses to go about the next part. He could start a new game at part 2, or he could continue this one, we won't know until he does it.
Yes, it's Queen Trainer, but it seems like he won't release it until he is finished on it.
You can see some of what he is doing with it on his youtube.
Judging by his recent Patreon posts, QT is pretty close to finished now. I guess that it will be released within the next month or two.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Judging by his recent Patreon posts, QT is pretty close to finished now. I guess that it will be released within the next month or two.
We should at least get some news by then. ...Maybe. :KEK:

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
idk that's Iffy.. what with this big skirmish going on and such.. i wouldn't bet on dates.
then, after (if) he's done with that one, might take some time to kind of regroup, read up all this old stuff to find the where-from and maybe create some link.. then get started with the next episode.. really wouldn't bet on dates.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
idk that's Iffy.. what with this big skirmish going on and such.. i wouldn't bet on dates.
then, after (if) he's done with that one, might take some time to kind of regroup, read up all this old stuff to find the where-from and maybe create some link.. then get started with the next episode.. really wouldn't bet on dates.
Yeah, hard to say how much of his life is impacted by it directly, but there is no doubt that he has been impacted by it.
He dose seem to be getting close, but yeah, I would not count on a date.

3.80 star(s) 58 Votes