3.80 star(s) 58 Votes

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I think Akabur gets very excited about his projects and dives into them, sometimes boxing himself in with technical inconsistencies in his mechanics. Grind is part of it, but also logical procession (as you point out) can get left behind.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I think Akabur gets very excited about his projects and dives into them, sometimes boxing himself in with technical inconsistencies in his mechanics. Grind is part of it, but also logical procession (as you point out) can get left behind.
Yeah, and like I said, the event was fun, I just like having options.
I am glad that Chapter 2 is much less grindy though, it was much more fun to play as a result. It's one thing to grind if it is to get something you need, more money, more stars, etc., but repeating those events 10 times each, with no variation, when I already had like dozens of stars banked was excessive. It felt like she was just a money sink (i.e. high maintenance, lol), since it cost credits to have her do those shows.

Dunfred

Mar 22, 2018
yeah, i noticed it in Princess trainer and a bit more in Witch Trainer but its really developed in this game.

DonJulio123

Apr 14, 2018
It's Monday, everyone! Again! We've been getting Mondays pretty much every week lately! What a truly blessed time to be alive!

First things first. I think I should just admit that The Mating Season is officially on hold now. Yes, I know this sucks and I know how you must feel...

But I assure you, I stress out about this whole situation more then anyone. And it's been way too much talk about the game on my part already. Every Monday it's "Mating Season this" and "Mating Season that". I am getting sick of it and I'm sure you too. Also I think that all this talk builds up an unhealthy anticipation for such a small game. The anticipation that ultimately will probably only taint your experience from the thing...

So, here is how we are going to resolve this: I will do my best to sort this out as soon as possible, and if things don't work out the way I wish they would - I will just make slight adjustments to the game and release it as is. I tried, it didn't work out, time to move on. After all SC34 Episode 03 is coming soon*

This past couple of weeks I've been mostly concentrating on the art assets so here is another little teaser for you.

And I think that's about it for now. Thank you for your patience, support and understanding. OTL...
so his latest game that he's been working on since October 2017 (almost 8 months) has been officially put on hold. like with every release akabur did before he promised it would release more quickly than his other projects, after all it was supposed to be only one short sex scene with april from tmnt, no buildup/story/quests/VN elements. 8 fucking months. this guy makes almost 5k a month on patreon. his supporters are of course 100% supporting and every criticism at akabur is considered hating on this guy.

8 months for this. i don't even know how you can even top this, maybe for his next project akabur just straight up drops a turd. it's going to take a year or so and he just squats over his toilet and drops a huge turd calls it his masterpiece and sees if those idiots on patreon keep supporting him no matter what.

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017
so his latest game that he's been working on since October 2017 (almost 8 months) has been officially put on hold. like with every release akabur did before he promised it would release more quickly than his other projects, after all it was supposed to be only one short sex scene with april from tmnt, no buildup/story/quests/VN elements. 8 fucking months. this guy makes almost 5k a month on patreon. his supporters are of course 100% supporting and every criticism at akabur is considered hating on this guy.

8 months for this. i don't even know how you can even top this, maybe for his next project akabur just straight up drops a turd. it's going to take a year or so and he just squats over his toilet and drops a huge turd calls it his masterpiece and sees if those idiots on patreon keep supporting him no matter what.
Still 100x better than Oni. At least Akabur has evolved in the communication department, and he's always listened to his fans. Besides all his games are for free, you dont need to donate to recieve the game. Patreon is he says "a virtual tip jar" and he encourages donations to others. That's why Akabur is pretty well liked. He may screw up here and there, but then again nobody is perfect.

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
Didn't he say something in a previous update that he's waiting on some assets from someone else?

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
That was for Mating Season, which was supposed to be done except for some Dahr work. He's a bit frustrated by not hitting his deadline, but continues to work on SC34 in the interim.

Akabur product is historically a long wait. It's usually worth it, though, so most of us just play other games in the meantime.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
It's really just a grindfest. Just follow the tasks as listed in the game, repeat until maxed and then move to the next one.

Dunfred

Mar 22, 2018
Anyone have a walkthrough or guide for this?
The game is pretty much strait forwards...just keep checking the Event and quest logs. Also some quests may not seem to activate (do anything) right after taking it, go to that characters page and speak to that character (the button with the thought bubble in it.) that should activate those kind of quests.

Reactions: LanzCorporalAssWipe

amBest

Jul 18, 2017
How incomplete is this game exactly? I've seemed to have reached it's limit at about 2 characters unlocked and 11 quests.

I can't seem to do any new quests, everything else seems to be a grind that doesn't push anything forward.

Do I have to have the princese's 5 things at 10/10 and the mercenary chick one thing at 10/10 ... THEN I get new story. Doesn't sound likely.

Either the game bugged out or it's painfully short.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
You've missed out seriously if you haven't gotten to Hermione yet.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Akabur is not making any predictions after the oopsie on The Mating Season release, so no one here can offer you any specific date.

3.80 star(s) 58 Votes