jojobob

Aug 7, 2017
This has the potential to become my favourite adult game, and I've played quite a bit! Great job and thanks for making it!

There is so much potential, a lot of hard work needed I am sure, but definitely worth it! Will be looking forward to each update!

Reactions: tonyxz

ayura

Aug 18, 2020
Great job with this game. Expecting a lot from it. A few idea to share now (with a few spoilers)

The "interest room" should contain around 20 items, and not just five. This would not only make changes more progressive (like stopping studying progressively, subject by subject) but also allow for many more minor interests, like "fighting for justice". It could also allow the replacement of "biology" by "reproduction", which would synergize with slime-summoning.

Studying is really central to Aura's character, so it should be the last thing to completely disappear. It is an important link with both her boyfriend and nemesis, as well as her main source of pride, and thus happiness. It feel strange to see "shopping" has main interest while she wear very normal clothes. It should not be an "on/off" thing.

After Aura get the "Wrath" curse, a room should be unlock in her mind (a wall crumble in the happiness room, opening a path to this new room). This new room would be the curse room, containing an altar/trinket for every deadly sin. Investing corruption in "wrath" would:
- Reduce the relationship with every character at once
- Allow the replacement of "fighting for justice" by "gossiping" (increasing relation with Alicia's friends), and ultimately "bullying"
- Lead Aura to punish people more severely and violently than needed, deteriorating her relationship with her teachers, while giving her gravitas among bullies (among other examples).

Investing in "greed" would make Aura more eager to buy clothes and earn money. Finding a job would reduce the number of "interests" allowed (less free time), particulary the "serious but tiresome" ones.

In regard to "sweet memories", I believe Aura should develop an addiction after the maid events, and get debuffs if she does not consume for a few days. This would give a real incentive for the player to use it. The acute effects of the drug should be reduced quite a bit however. The more drugs Aura take, the quicker the debuff come. At some point, she could feel a craving in her actual body, leading her to find a way to numb herself in the real world (e.g. onanism).

In regard to combat, I do not think it is a good idea to invest development time in it. The combat system is old and has already been used a billion time, so it will not be interesting/novel unless a mountain of work is put into it, plus another mountain in balancing such a complex system. I personally would prefer it if most fight were auto-resolved, with some skill-check (like pierce against Scorpions), and if the gameplay focus were instead on infiltration, level design, and skill-check (neat work in the northern forest by the way).

Finally, I loose some fight even in "story" difficulty, with a (hopefully) not too shitty build. With such a difficulty name, I would expect to win any fight without Star Knightess and without preparation. Renaming the difficulty levels to "Hard" and "Normal" would be more fitting, in my opinion. An auto-win difficulty would be appreciated.

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
I just build 0.10.2, which should have a lot less bugs and a more balanced fight vs Arwin+Mammon.
You can get it on today. I will update the thread tomorrow.

Reactions: boobthief

SteamedBean

Apr 18, 2018
Wondering if there will be a Potion Seller Joke somewhere around when they actually add a Potion Shop... Come on Aura is a Knight and dem Potions are too Strong for her Willpower lol

bimboform

Feb 13, 2020
I just build 0.10.2, which should have a lot less bugs and a more balanced fight vs Arwin+Mammon.

You can get it on today. I will update the thread tomorrow.
Well the fight is winnable now. Not reliably, particularly with a low Agi build, but it can be done with a few Liquidations and a willingness to retry.

On a side note the Ogre commander item (Living Heart I think?) is utterly cursed. Agi is ludicrously important. Even with Tailwind Aura (Agi 11 at the time) was not guaranteed to go before Mammon. Cursed thing needs a warning label.

Bugs and similar:
When the Young Avian uses Lunge it locks up with ‘SyntaxError Unexpected end of input’. Might only be when he has Windup.

Non-bug but odd. Multi-attack interacts with Protect in a strange way. Aura had Step of the Rat. Slime used Protect. Aura attacked Arwin. First hit went to Slime, second went to Arwin and killed him, third hit went to the Slime and killed it.

Reactions: Watters

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Well the fight is winnable now. Not reliably, particularly with a low Agi build, but it can be done with a few Liquidations and a willingness to retry.

On a side note the Ogre commander item (Living Heart I think?) is utterly cursed. Agi is ludicrously important. Even with Tailwind Aura (Agi 11 at the time) was not guaranteed to go before Mammon. Cursed thing needs a warning label.

Bugs and similar:
When the Young Avian uses Lunge it locks up with ‘SyntaxError Unexpected end of input’. Might only be when he has Windup.

Non-bug but odd. Multi-attack interacts with Protect in a strange way. Aura had Step of the Rat. Slime used Protect. Aura attacked Arwin. First hit went to Slime, second went to Arwin and killed him, third hit went to the Slime and killed it.
I stealth rebuilt 0.10.2 regarding the syntax error. Really annoying to write scripts directly in RPGM. I might just move all script calls into a plugin so I have proper syntax highlighting and checking...

If you have infused the Ogre Bone you should have plenty of DEF. Instead of an AGI approach, have you maybe tried tanking with Aura Defensive Stance + Protect + Invest: DEF All x 2 + Invest: Max Hp All x 2? I tried it out and it should work out decently.

Regarding the multi attack and protect, I think it's correct because protect only works if the target has less HP. So the first hit, Arwin had less HP, but then slime got put below Arwin, so the second attack hit him. Afterwards Arwin has less HP again, so the third attack went to slime.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
When you going to update tomorrow but I got work so I can't do anything until later tomorrow night FeelsBadMan

Arwin, your end is near!

egib

Apr 21, 2017
I just checked the save. You seem to have already installed it and also watched the triggered corruption scene.
sorry to bother you but could you tell me how to complete the Investigate the tunnel at the Bandit Leader's camp I tried searching this thread but was not able to complete with the tips I read here is my save

bimboform

Feb 13, 2020
I stealth rebuilt 0.10.2 regarding the syntax error. Really annoying to write scripts directly in RPGM. I might just move all script calls into a plugin so I have proper syntax highlighting and checking...
That was fast.

If you have infused the Ogre Bone you should have plenty of DEF. Instead of an AGI approach, have you maybe tried tanking with Aura Defensive Stance + Protect + Invest: DEF All x 2 + Invest: Max Hp All x 2? I tried it out and it should work out decently.
Doesn’t work.
The build on my save has 28 DEF (33 MDEF) and 146 HP (no Tenacity) before getting Curse II due to the maid scenes. With the double Attack buff Mammon’s Slash or the Slime’s rampage will one-shot her even with double DEF buff. Or drop her to <50 HP and one-shot other team members. Plus both Mammon and Red slime have spells that bypass Protect and the DEF buffs.
With Aura not attacking I just don’t have the damage output to kill anything before they put together a doom combo or run me out of resources.

Tailwind, Thunderbolt and Pierce (plus some luck) carried me through two fights. Star Knightess won the third. It works.

Regarding the multi attack and protect, I think it's correct because protect only works if the target has less HP. So the first hit, Arwin had less HP, but then slime got put below Arwin, so the second attack hit him. Afterwards Arwin has less HP again, so the third attack went to slime.
Seems right. I saw a similar thing trying the Aura Protect strategy. First two hits dropped her below 50, John took number three to the face then Aura ate the last.

Reactions: YetAnotherGamer

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
sorry to bother you but could you tell me how to complete the Investigate the tunnel at the Bandit Leader's camp I tried searching this thread but was not able to complete with the tips I read here is my save
Hmmm... So I checked out the save and according to it the investigation dialogue for the bridge got triggered, but the objective wasn't marked as done. Very weird. Did you see the investigation dialogue before?

I have attached a fixed save.

Reactions: bimboform

egib

Apr 21, 2017
Hmmm... So I checked out the save and according to it the investigation dialogue for the bridge got triggered, but the objective wasn't marked as done. Very weird. Did you see the investigation dialogue before?

I have attached a fixed save.
yes I was stuck trying to talk to the man in basement from the bar, I remember the camera panning to the bridge maybe it did not trigger because I did before finishing the maid objective in the mansion.

Thanks for fixing the save

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
i got the NW.js bug, any help ?
Which Nw.js bug exactly are you talking about? Mind sharing a screenshot or error log?
If it's some crash during battle, I recommend re-downloading the latest version.

bimboform

Feb 13, 2020
As Chapter 1 is complete, and as a full playthough now takes 10+ hours even if you know what you are doing, I figured it was time to put together a comprehensive strategy guide. Nice as the step-by-step walkthough is, it doesn’t really explain much.

Turns out this is a rather bigger project than I expected. A bit over seven thousand words (plus some pictures) and I’m not even close to finishing. I have at least managed to detail pretty much all the mechanics and document both Trademond and the Central Forest (both as you initially find them). Progress will hopefully be easier without having to constantly derail to flesh out the fundamentals.
That said if anyone wants to lend a hand you would be most welcome.

aura-dev
Would you be willing to put this in the opening post? I know the game is intended as an intellectual challenge, but everyone gets stuck sometimes and having a reference guide available will hopefully cut down on people repeating the same questions in this thread over and over.

On related notes, a number of thoughts occurred as I was putting this together:

Not sure whether I forgot / didn’t notice before or if it has been added since I last played the prologue but the Demon King use Rose’s spell. A nice story – mechanics integration of Richard stealing the divine gift.
Also Aura is Weak to light damage. Which is a subtle indicator that she most certainly does not count as ‘human’ by the local rules.

The Goblin Shaman in the Central Forest is a cheating git. The damage of his Fire I spell is increased by the ATK buff from Heat Up I.

The sign just inside the entrance of Trademond is blank. Given how many random objects have a bit of flavour text attached it seems odd for a sign to have nothing.

The Curse I, II, III skills mention ‘minimum’ Lewdness. Not sure what this is supposed to be about.

The ‘recipe’ book in the Alchemy shop doesn’t update when new options for ingredients are unlocked.
Also the Alchemist can still be presented items he can’t use.

Seems odd that there is no Spell equivalent to Duel Experience. Will we be seeing ‘Wizard Duels’ in future chapters? Perhaps Aura will visit a stereotypical (on the surface) Academy Of Magic.

I want Alicia / Nightmare sorceress as a summonable companion. Previously I thought I would have to wait for the ‘Alicia Route’ in version 2.0, however the Festival of Greed hints otherwise. There are more than just two factions at play here. The Bandit Lord, Illusionist Deal-making Clown and mysterious guy with Admin Privileges are all potentially their own factions. It is entirely conceivable one of them could put Aura in a situation where she will lose but where Alicia (and by extension Richard) won’t win. At which point Alicia has a reason to pop out and lend a hand.

RagueltheUFO

Jan 19, 2020
I'm still interested in what Alicia's backstory. I'm sad how there's only one scene that has Aura thinking about it like
???

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
As Chapter 1 is complete, and as a full playthough now takes 10+ hours even if you know what you are doing, I figured it was time to put together a comprehensive strategy guide. Nice as the step-by-step walkthough is, it doesn’t really explain much.

Turns out this is a rather bigger project than I expected. A bit over seven thousand words (plus some pictures) and I’m not even close to finishing. I have at least managed to detail pretty much all the mechanics and document both Trademond and the Central Forest (both as you initially find them). Progress will hopefully be easier without having to constantly derail to flesh out the fundamentals.
That said if anyone wants to lend a hand you would be most welcome.

aura-dev
Would you be willing to put this in the opening post? I know the game is intended as an intellectual challenge, but everyone gets stuck sometimes and having a reference guide available will hopefully cut down on people repeating the same questions in this thread over and over.
Oh wow! That's a lot of effort. I have linked the guides in the opening post. I don't mind people easily finding them, although I would like to encourage players to still keep thinking.

I'm still interested in what Alicia's backstory. I'm sad how there's only one scene that has Aura thinking about it like
???
For Chapter 1 there won't be more Alicia backstory. We shall revisit her past in Chapter 2.

only on itch , manual download is fine
View attachment 1402717
Hmmm... sorry I'm afraid I'm not sure how to help you here. :/

3.90 star(s) 176 Votes