bimboform

Feb 13, 2020
Still chipping away at the Strategy Guide and I have uncovered a few issues.

The only one I can absolutely call a bug is an invisible pile of rubble in the Vaults. Image with the location attached.

Either a bug or a strange case of 'Not Implemented' is the Congregation building not having a name. Everywhere else when you enter an area there is a pop-up at the top of the screen announcing where you are. The Congregation building has no pop-up.

Grammar error: When talking to John about learning Protect he says the line: “After a request, half the earned money is just spent just on repairs!” Using ‘just’ twice so close together flows wrong.

Finally there is either a bug or another mechanic I was ignorant of. When Aura levels up to level 3 she does not appear to gain any stats. No clue if this is intended or not.
Save just before leveling (hand in quest at Alchemist) attached.

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Arcachnar

Sep 14, 2021
For a moment I have thought I was reading the "High Pressure" tread.
Uh. Have not seen that particular thread...yet, so I am not sure what you are talking about.

According to the walkthrough (I'll stop using it when I'm back where I was before.... Slime Summoner) I'm on day 11 to 14, but because I've used some of the max lewd walkthrough until the part where I learned the spell Fire from Charlotte and went back to normal walkthrough I have NO idea what day it is. Does it really matter what day you are or is there something special you can only do on THAT day?

IS beating Whitefang really necessary or is this optional?

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Uh. Have not seen that particular thread...yet, so I am not sure what you are talking about.
You have given a so accurate description of a lewd scene of the game "High Pressure", that for a moment I thought I was in that thread.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Does it really matter what day you are or is there something special you can only do on THAT day?
Nope, AFAIK there's nothing bound to any particular day except possibly the early common scenes IRL, which have no impact on the gameplay. Some things are on a timer initiated by events or quests, e.g. Charlotte's jail sentence or Desmond's investigation. Blessed Water items get a little more expensive each day.

Completely optional, as are most bosses that aren't quest objectives or directly blocking your path. There are a bunch of these optional bosses that are tough when you first encounter them, and killing them raises your score which you can use for bonuses on a New Game+ (at least on pure runs; lewd runs count lewdness as score).

Last edited:

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Still chipping away at the Strategy Guide and I have uncovered a few issues.

The only one I can absolutely call a bug is an invisible pile of rubble in the Vaults. Image with the location attached.

Either a bug or a strange case of 'Not Implemented' is the Congregation building not having a name. Everywhere else when you enter an area there is a pop-up at the top of the screen announcing where you are. The Congregation building has no pop-up.

Grammar error: When talking to John about learning Protect he says the line: “After a request, half the earned money is just spent just on repairs!” Using ‘just’ twice so close together flows wrong.

Finally there is either a bug or another mechanic I was ignorant of. When Aura levels up to level 3 she does not appear to gain any stats. No clue if this is intended or not.
Save just before leveling (hand in quest at Alchemist) attached.
Thanks for reporting! Fixed the bugs in 0.10.3. Regarding the level, you gain only very few stats in the lower levels. I think 1 on everything on level 2 and then it takes until level 5 to gain another stat (I think it's MDEF). Levels mostly give HP/MP and on higher levels larger stat boosts.

According to the walkthrough (I'll stop using it when I'm back where I was before.... Slime Summoner) I'm on day 11 to 14, but because I've used some of the max lewd walkthrough until the part where I learned the spell Fire from Charlotte and went back to normal walkthrough I have NO idea what day it is. Does it really matter what day you are or is there something special you can only do on THAT day?

You can check your current day at the stone tablet in the mental world. There are no time specific events that can only be done on a specific day. But certain events may require some days to pass and some NPCs may have some behavior changes after a certain amount of days has passed.

Reactions: bimboform

Arcachnar

Sep 14, 2021
Ah. thank you for answering those questions. So, I just went to the Abandoned Shrine to end the day. Checked the stone tablet and saw that I am actually on DAY 11!!! It is miracle and solved.

A few ideas (only if it's okay with you and fits in with the game and all);

1) What if you divide the days into Monday, Tuesday, etc. as well and that only on THAT particular day there is a market/circus/etc in a city/town where you can to be able to solve a subquest for someone (perhaps from the Guild?) or that only there can get an object that you need to solve a quest. And/or possibilities to get into embarrassing (ENF?) situations of course.

2) And what do you think of morning/afternoon/evening cycles?

a) That the inhabitants do something different on every daily schedule. For example; Working at home in the morning, working in the afternoon, and in the evening the shops are closed and some residents are in the bar or doing other things. (Perhaps a possible quest(s) that you can only do at night?) It brings more liveness into the world and to the inhabitants of the villages/cities.

b) Same idea with working in the Workshop (or later if it is possible to work in the bar). It feels more natural to do it in the afternoon (the bar only in the evening/night) than 1) asking for work 2) end day 3) corruption +1 4) Aura's Mind 5) next day/Work 6) end of the day 7) corruption +1 8) Aura's Mind 9) start of a new day. It feels a bit cumbersome and a bit like you're wasting an extra day and stuff. (or is it just me?)

Also there is no pop-up at the top of the screen when you have entered the mansion of Arwin.

Edit: There is also an invisible pillar in the inside the Vaults. I have attached the mage of this.

PS: I saw that the walkthrough say later on that "There is a new Quest at the end of day 30 in case you missed it." Which one is that? The Papertrail Quest or is that other one?

Edit: To remove the cobwebs I need Popularity I. Already done that, but still no use. Do I need to do something else to get this or will this be happing later on? I really do not want to remove points from Rose and all. If you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Salminar

Aug 26, 2018
Oh god the game is awesome without those cycles. All resolve around Aura spending the day at school and the "night" in the special realm. Adding another layer on this will simply be harassing to my opinion (I know all modern game SHOULD be harassing or it's no fun yes) and being able to solve the quests when you wish is fine. To me those games are fantasy, not RL life simulators. If i need to set up a calendar to know what i should do and when, keep my corruption at bay to not have the game over have to met a certain character at a certain place on a certain day oh god. Only would be lacking the need to pee every 8 hours.
It would be such a pain for the dev to keep track of all this and in return absolutely no fun for most players.

smkey21

Nov 15, 2017
The 0.11 update is shaping up to be some interesting developments for Aura, but I'm much more excited for .12 and/or .13 when we'll really start to see the fallout of the various story elements that occurred during the festival. Also, getting to leave the abandoned shrine again will be nice. :p

aura-dev

Game Developer
Mar 1, 2021
Ah. thank you for answering those questions. So, I just went to the Abandoned Shrine to end the day. Checked the stone tablet and saw that I am actually on DAY 11!!! It is miracle and solved.

A few ideas (only if it's okay with you and fits in with the game and all);

1) What if you divide the days into Monday, Tuesday, etc. as well and that only on THAT particular day there is a market/circus/etc in a city/town where you can to be able to solve a subquest for someone (perhaps from the Guild?) or that only there can get an object that you need to solve a quest. And/or possibilities to get into embarrassing (ENF?) situations of course.

2) And what do you think of morning/afternoon/evening cycles?

a) That the inhabitants do something different on every daily schedule. For example; Working at home in the morning, working in the afternoon, and in the evening the shops are closed and some residents are in the bar or doing other things. (Perhaps a possible quest(s) that you can only do at night?) It brings more liveness into the world and to the inhabitants of the villages/cities.

b) Same idea with working in the Workshop (or later if it is possible to work in the bar). It feels more natural to do it in the afternoon (the bar only in the evening/night) than 1) asking for work 2) end day 3) corruption +1 4) Aura's Mind 5) next day/Work 6) end of the day 7) corruption +1 8) Aura's Mind 9) start of a new day. It feels a bit cumbersome and a bit like you're wasting an extra day and stuff. (or is it just me?)

Also there is no pop-up at the top of the screen when you have entered the mansion of Arwin.

Edit: There is also an invisible pillar in the inside the Vaults. I have attached the mage of this.

PS: I saw that the walkthrough say later on that "There is a new Quest at the end of day 30 in case you missed it." Which one is that? The Papertrail Quest or is that other one?

Edit: To remove the cobwebs I need Popularity I. Already done that, but still no use. Do I need to do something else to get this or will this be happing later on? I really do not want to remove points from Rose and all. If you know what I mean.
1) I have some plans for events that are only available on say any 3rd day. Or having special sales on some shops. But I don't want to introduce real week days. I actually dislike the weekend <-> weekday distinction a lot of games with passage of time have.

2) I tried it out in a prototype and it was too cumbersome. It also made for longer days with more actions per day, which made it that the real world events didn't give downtime often enough.

a) Would be annoying for quest NPCs I think. Would be cool to have some decorative NPCs moving between houses or something. But not enough time.

b) The blacksmith is as Aura describes not really an efficient use of time. Basically, he's 50 Gold for 0.5 Corruption, which isn't good. But if you are stuck and absolutely need more money, he's a decent option.

Thanks for the bug reports! Regarding Popularity I, you probably haven't activated the happiness source right next to the generator.

Arcachnar

Sep 14, 2021
Regarding Popularity I, you probably haven't activated the happiness source right next to the generator.
You mean the middle Generator (with the brain) that will fill up the happiness? It still doing nothing. Should I have done something else as well or will this just later on?

I have two minor misspellings. Nothing serious. Attached images;

Last edited:

bimboform

Feb 13, 2020
You mean the middle Generator (with the brain) that will fill up the happiness? It still doing nothing. Should I have done something else as well or will this just later on?
No, they are referring to the set of runic circle things next to each generator and sink. They change colour depending on if they are active or not.

Arcachnar

Sep 14, 2021
I already have done that one plus Socializing.

EDit: Could it be possible that I should have insert Alicia with Evening Chat and Going home relationship?

Would it there be a possibility to solve the mystery behind the closed room murder case that involves Charlotte's parents?

Last edited:

bimboform

Feb 13, 2020
I already have done that one plus Socializing.

EDit: Could it be possible that I should have insert Alicia with Evening Chat and Going home relationship?
Quite possibly.
The Mental Changes are a complex web of interconnecting requirements. None of them are really ‘optional’ at present.

Would it there be a possibility to solve the mystery behind the closed room murder case that involves Charlotte's parents?
It is almost certainly something that will come up. Although whether it will be in chapter 2 or later I cannot say.
At last check the game was only about 20% complete so there is plenty more to come.

Arcachnar

Sep 14, 2021
Uh.. oops. You were right all along bimboform. I have not done that indeed. In my hurry I completely forgot to activate both circles of popularity and socializing. Oooops. Sorry about that.

About the The Evening Chat and Going Home. They are requirements for something? Or is not that necassary?

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 176 Votes