VN Ren'Py Completed Star Lust: Hymn of the Precursors [v1.0] [Tech_Priest]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
still grindy as hell, upping soldiers gears reqs fortune and and even bigger is spent on fuel and buying medi and energy kits isn't cheap either (after arena fights and against tauris). cheated 5k money to get rest of gears and at end of current version bit over 1k left.

WHAT??!! what soldiers? What missions?? Absolutly nOTHING in this update for me but new "energy stims" which do nothing to help win the fights!! THIS GAME IS BUGGED--BLOWN--BORING--or SOMETHING Unless the DEV steps up and looks at what is WRONG with this game I give it a Zero for fun. SAD as it started out pretty good way back many upgrades ago.

Here is my latest save game if that helps. And my Boot log...which reports something missing...??

Come on Dev, save this game... and stop the GRIND GRIND GRIND!!

Reactions: Muchos

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
WHAT??!! what soldiers? What missions?? Absolutly nOTHING in this update for me but new "energy stims" which do nothing to help win the fights!! THIS GAME IS BUGGED--BLOWN--BORING--or SOMETHING Unless the DEV steps up and looks at what is WRONG with this game I give it a Zero for fun. SAD as it started out pretty good way back many upgrades ago.

Here is my latest save game if that helps. And my Boot log...which reports something missing...??

Come on Dev, save this game... and stop the GRIND GRIND GRIND!!
Soldiers next to your ship on Ares. If you've capture the tauri dude before then it starts there.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
and missions from that dude in office at hangar. also to win fights you need to learn psi abilities and buy medikits besides energy stims.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Soldiers next to your ship on Ares. If you've capture the tauri dude before then it starts there.
?? what soldiers next to my ship?? ??Capture what tauri dude?? ??Learn Psi abilities?? Someone look at my save game PLEASE.
I start in the hangar, the 'dude in the office above the hangar' has NO missions for me. I only have the options of working in the brothel or fighting in the arena with fewer medi-stims than before. Screw, Screw, Screw, that's all I do... If something has bugged my game, or caused me to miss something, I'd sure like to know. This game is trash the way it works for me.

Muchos

May 31, 2017
Did you already unlock the new planet where the character Jim is? He gives you some new jobs and the story continues there. Its on the south-east side of the map.

This game has potential but is way to grindy with only 1 piece of art for each scene. Art is good though.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
?? what soldiers next to my ship?? ??Capture what tauri dude?? ??Learn Psi abilities?? Someone look at my save game PLEASE.
I start in the hangar, the 'dude in the office above the hangar' has NO missions for me. I only have the options of working in the brothel or fighting in the arena with fewer medi-stims than before. Screw, Screw, Screw, that's all I do... If something has bugged my game, or caused me to miss something, I'd sure like to know. This game is trash the way it works for me.
i'd say something bugged since you should get mission from officer soon after that big orc gets there and before arena opens.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Did you already unlock the new planet where the character Jim is? He gives you some new jobs and the story continues there. Its on the south-east side of the map.

This game has potential but is way to grindy with only 1 piece of art for each scene. Art is good though.
Mucho… No, How do you know you should have a new planet (I don't)?? no new character "Jim" or otherwise What happened before these arrived? As for "cxx" comments, I didn't get a new mission before the Arena opened...that was last update. Something is definitely bugged as I get NO story progression at all.
BTW, you're right...very GRINDY game... but there should be SOME progress! Too Bad the DEV "techPriest" does not look at this thread!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
professorx10 there is progress IF gets missions from that dude in office and then our heroine visits on various places (planets (each at least twice), arena again, asteroid belt (twice)) but since no missions game is bugged.

Muchos

May 31, 2017
Mucho… No, How do you know you should have a new planet (I don't)?? no new character "Jim" or otherwise What happened before these arrived? As for "cxx" comments, I didn't get a new mission before the Arena opened...that was last update. Something is definitely bugged as I get NO story progression at all.
BTW, you're right...very GRINDY game... but there should be SOME progress! Too Bad the DEV "techPriest" does not look at this thread!
Best to start over and use console for some money so you don't have to grind again. With the skip text option you can rush pretty fast to where you are now.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Best to start over and use console for some money so you don't have to grind again. With the skip text option you can rush pretty fast to where you are now.
still needs to do few rounds at brothel that gets reputation.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
still needs to do few rounds at brothel that gets reputation.
I did go back to an earlier save game...where we rescued the Brothel matron's nephew...but nothing changed. still no missions or new planets. (I had a great brothel rep. as I'd max'd her talents after hundreds of customers)
Confession time. I haven't used the mod console on this or any game. I'll have to go 'off line' and teach myself how to get into it and use it. Sad I have to do that just to make the game work properly. It started out quite good. Now I'm not sure its worth the effort of starting over, knowing how much I'd have to repeat. ...Thanks anyway guys. bummer.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I did go back to an earlier save game...where we rescued the Brothel matron's nephew...but nothing changed. still no missions or new planets. (I had a great brothel rep. as I'd max'd her talents after hundreds of customers)
Confession time. I haven't used the mod console on this or any game. I'll have to go 'off line' and teach myself how to get into it and use it. Sad I have to do that just to make the game work properly. It started out quite good. Now I'm not sure its worth the effort of starting over, knowing how much I'd have to repeat. ...Thanks anyway guys. bummer.
so that guy in office says what?

also if you try to travel and click around does anything happens?

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
so that guy in office says what?

also if you try to travel and click around does anything happens?
The guy (lieutenant) in the office say's "I'm a little busy now." or words of the equivalent. If I click on Missions, it just says "back" If I click on the store, same deal.
The only thing that changed with this update was that "energy restore" became available on the black market. Otherwise, I can't see any difference...except the bio restores are harder to get. . . seemingly.
If I use the map and travel, only three destinations show. Where we start, the asteroids and the one frozen planet. I moved my cursor around all the other planets and objects and everything and nothing lights up.
Again, someone please take a look at my save game I uploaded. Maybe it'll show something.

For the code to lock a player into a loop like this with no errors or warning is a MAJOR default. It will make players get disgusted and quit. . . and give the game bad reviews. Someone should let the DEV know he has a problem! I have no idea how this happened. I've been checking every update and it went well until I ran out of missions a couple updates ago and it just started repeating like this. bummer!

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes