VN Ren'Py Completed Star Lust: Hymn of the Precursors [v1.0] [Tech_Priest]

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
go to 1st page -> click on FORUMS... check out what moderator is on line on your right -> Staff and Mods online section .... and PM the one you like with the links. They can then make mirrors and post the update, updating the Original Post of this thread.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Ok, Dear Tech-Priest/ dev.
I've been running around in v.4 and have hit a stone wall. . . so it is getting very boring. Sleep, fuck, get points, spend points, sleep, fuck, etc.
I've serviced 206 Terran's, 222 Orks been to Orsmia-26 where I can only buy special cum (+5), (yes, I found the kid) the asteroid belt where I can fight for Jdock's cashes or service the other ship's crew, both destinations cost fuel which I pay for at the brothel or fighting in the area...which btw, is a loss. 75 credits win costs 10 shots (-70) and/or 3 medicines (-70) so it is back to the brothel where I've got a 3 rep in spite of a 5 in handjobs, 5 in blowjobs, 3 in titjobs, and 4 in pussy. I'm not getting anywhere.

I think you get my drift. This game makes one very tired of repeated sex and lack of story development while not knowing if I have reached the current 'end'. This is called 'grinding' for nothing and burns a guy/gal out.

This game started out with a lot of promise and part of the reason it has fallen IMHO is not knowing when we've maxed out a chapter for one, and the amount of grinding needed to achieve anything. I suggest you revisit both of those parameters.

That is, Unless your original intent was to give the player the feeling of complete boredom that any 'pay for play' sex worker obviously gets from servicing so many clients for so little gain. If that was it, you're succeeding.

Ok I hope this helps you in your development.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Oh, and if this up date was supposed to " starts to answer the mystery of Nova’s origins and her lust-fueled powers." I haven't any idea how it was supposed to do that. As of now, she's just a working girl with nowhere to go but back to the brothel.

boobman7

Jan 16, 2018
just thought i'd post this, i have played this game a few times now. what has always stuck out and bothered me was the face of the main character. her face looks too boyish or masculine. her body is fucking incredible! the art style on the body is fantastic very sexy but then the face it is just always off. something about it didnt match. now im no animator or full time artist but i did a little edit wonder what some of you think. if we all like this post then maybe someone will pass it onto the dev and have them remodel the face. anyway here it is. BEFORE--> BEFORE.png AFTER--> AFTER.png i made some subtle but noticeable improvements to the face. so i softened her bones structure a bit round the cheeks and jaw to appear more feminine. then i removed some of her wrinkles and scaring. to smooth out the face since womans faces are smoother and either have makeup or just look younger than men. then i trimmed and redesigned one of her brows, thinning them and shortening them. i thickened the lips slightly and added some pink for contrast. and lastly i gave her some more bangs on her forehead. her forehead is part of the issue so adding more hair shortens it a bit. now this all took me a few min to do,with more time i could have gone through an extreme effort to re-shape and re-align her whole head. but yeah so anyway that's that i was bored. hope some people like it.

Jun 5, 2017
Still starting on the station in this version. They really must not have anyone who starts the game fresh when they test new releases, which is honestly pretty hilarious to me.

apostatefarm

Jul 31, 2018
Starting on the station isn't a bug, Dev disabled starting on the planet a couple versions ago intentionally. Something about how the gameplay on the planet doesn't really represent the game as it stands, they intend to add it in as optional content later.

I could have sworn they'd mentioned that somewhere in the thread but it seems the only place I found that info was on one of their public patreon posts from September.

Edit: from the 0.4 release post, which is spoilered at the top of this very page

Important note: I have temporarily disabled access to the Mar Tyro prequel. I will be setting this up as a separate game mode you can access from the main menu but the transition is proving more difficult than I expected so implementation will be delayed until the next patch (hopefully). I’ve made this decision because I feel the early gameplay is no longer a good representation of what Star Lust plays like today. Additionally, the prequel was very wordy, and used lower quality art assets that I feel give off the wrong impression to new players.

It’s a fun piece of the games history, but the quality difference between the prequel gameplay and Ares gameplay is so different I felt it was time to make the switch.

Jun 5, 2017
Starting on the station isn't a bug, Dev disabled starting on the planet a couple versions ago intentionally. Something about how the gameplay on the planet doesn't really represent the game as it stands, they intend to add it in as optional content later.
How bizarre. I understand why they might do that, but to not put anything in the actual game itself (or even just changing the initial few lines to have it not feel like you've started in the middle of the game) is just an odd choice, particularly given that this seems to be a permanent change.

3.70 star(s) 7 Votes