althworld

May 12, 2018
At first, there was little sex content in the game, so I tried to fill it as quickly as possible. I created Lana's adventures and added a lot of sex scenes... I thought now people will come and support my development:cool:
Buuut it didn't help much:cry:, I wanted to quit Star Mars many times and make another game without futanari because I thought I wasn't very good at them… Then I saw how some developers upload a cut version of the game, I decided to try their method in the hope that it would help me ..:WeSmart:.
Like most business investments, you always need to be prepared to take some loss at the beginning. Only when you have a solid customer base that's become addicted to your brand do you have some leeway to deliver less than promised and still get away with big bucks. :WeSmart:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Apparently, it appeases the dev in his contemplation of ripping a jackpot. But this delusion probably won't endure for long, if I was to take an educated guess; while good futa on male content is, admittedly, few and far between, it is nevertheless out there and our community shall still thrive without Magic Dude. But shall he thrive without us?
I want to agree on this, but so far he had a since he released this update.

This being said, I don't guaranty that they'll stay on a long run. Between the bugs and the really low content, I prefer to play Dark Coven last game, while knowing that there's 50% risks that he will abandon it like he do too often, than to pay for this one ; at least they have content and are relatively bug free.

It's a question of principle. He's not his girls, and he didn't asked for our consent, so I'll not reward him for fucking the community in the ass and raw.

Taylan13

Feb 27, 2022
At first, there was little sex content in the game, so I tried to fill it as quickly as possible. I created Lana's adventures and added a lot of sex scenes... I thought now people will come and support my development:cool:
Buuut it didn't help much:cry:, I wanted to quit Star Mars many times and make another game without futanari because I thought I wasn't very good at them… Then I saw how some developers upload a cut version of the game, I decided to try their method in the hope that it would help me ..:WeSmart:.
As a developer you can do what you see fit with your game, but let me suggest a middle ground where everyone can be satisfied.
Instead of making the futa content patreon only, use a time restriction, I mean the futa version will be available to patreons for "X" amount of time, after that time you can release it to everyone in general.
That way those who can't afford to support you on Patreon will also get the content they want just with a bit of a lag time, and you put a bit of pressure on those who can support but don't support... well just a suggestion. :lepew:

JmTrad

Jun 2, 2018
Maybe posting a version ahead for patreons is a better way to handle it. You post 0.8 for them, and release 0.7 here for free. I bet only very few people would complain, but the way you did... really bad.

And i really like Alice and all the futas on the game. It's not bad, your game is good. You just need more recognizion. To get that you need fans or make more advertising. But how can you get fans putting everything behind a paywall? Well, i'm very sleep right now. Can't think anything to say. I already said everything i had to say. I hope you make the game you want to make, write what you want to write. Don't make something you don't want thinking about money. Peace.

Last edited:

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Maybe posting a version ahead for patreons is a better way to handle it. You post 0.8 for them, and release 0.7 here for free. I bet only very few people would complain, but the way you did... really bad.
That is the usual way of doing it and mostly accepted now. On a side note I'm curious which devs cut content for them to be successful, that would be interesting.

Magic Dude

Game Developer
May 2, 2022
For almost a year I tried to attract new people by voting, steam versions of the game, a fairly low fee to become patrons ($ 1.5), new people appeared but very slowly ...
During the creation of Star Mars, I got a couple of gray hairs from the stress. My mother keeps nagging me that I need to focus more on my real job instead of developing my game…
Those were hard times, I didn't quit working on the game just because I'm a very responsible person and seeing that the patrons invested their money in my game I went ahead like a tank my goal is to make a full version of the game. As a perfectionist, I cannot develop a game half-heartedly just to finish it quickly. Even with low income from the game, I tried my best to give it my all.

Alright, I'll be posting the full game at weekly intervals after I release it for patrons. But I'm sure it will be leaked even earlier...

mach323

Jan 9, 2019
For almost a year I tried to attract new people by voting, steam versions of the game, a fairly low fee to become patrons ($ 1.5), new people appeared but very slowly ...
During the creation of Star Mars, I got a couple of gray hairs from the stress. My mother keeps nagging me that I need to focus more on my real job instead of developing my game…
Those were hard times, I didn't quit working on the game just because I'm a very responsible person and seeing that the patrons invested their money in my game I went ahead like a tank my goal is to make a full version of the game. As a perfectionist, I cannot develop a game half-heartedly just to finish it quickly. Even with low income from the game, I tried my best to give it my all.

Alright, I'll be posting the full game at weekly intervals after I release it for patrons. But I'm sure it will be leaked even earlier...
you just started your brand last year all you can do is keep building a good rep with your fans. dont sweat the people that wont pay focus on the people that will. alays remember you dont gain any profits from trying to punish pirates,their will always be people willing to pay for your product.

ZenMugen

Aug 20, 2017

How about making a patreon only character that doesn't affect the story and acts as a sandbox for your patreons for various fetishes based on votes? I have seen multiple top creators do this, so I assume it'll be successful. You could also try out patreon exclusive renders, cheats etc to bump up those numbers.

Your decision of a delayed public release is probably a better one for the long term. Blocking the core gameplay will hurt your numbers in the future. Think of add-ons to your game or something extra on the side for your patreons. I'm sure the members here will have many more ideas for you.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Magic Dude ,just looking at graphtreon...you got a continous growth overall so far.
And that's not bad at all. So you are doing something right.

I think it's common opinion that AVN making is more of an ironman than a 100m race,
meaning you have got to be presistent and keep at it for some time.

Godspeed and all the best for you mate.

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017

Hey good on you once again for listening to feedback dev, people where pretty rightfully angry this time. But this is the right decision for goodwill and while it might be bad financially in the short run, it will almost certainly pay off in the long run.(y)

Gripping

Jan 8, 2020
There are some people who will never support but for the people that will like me and others NEED to see consistency from devs to ever support. They're a lot of people have been burned by dev's going radio silent, short updates that take 3-4 months, or a dev just randomly leaving their current "project" to start a different "project" to get quick pledges and doing the same thing again. I refuse to get burned and I'm sure other people have the same opinion.

Freshkope

Feb 10, 2021
I have to admit, this was the best troll job I’ve ever seen. The dev actually took the time to put skips in at all the Futa content and leak it himself to this thread, since he was given control. I’m honestly still laughing about it. I’ve seen other games leak here while they are still in the $20+ patron tier, his game was released to everyone even the $1.50 patrons. He beat the leakers to the punch and put a cut up version here, and everyone lost their minds lol. This is so well played.

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
I have to admit, this was the best troll job I’ve ever seen. The dev actually took the time to put skips in at all the Futa content and leak it himself to this thread, since he was given control. I’m honestly still laughing about it. I’ve seen other games leak here while they are still in the $20+ patron tier, his game was released to everyone even the $1.50 patrons. He beat the leakers to the punch and put a cut up version here, and everyone lost their minds lol. This is so well played.
Except the fact that even if he ''fixes'' it now he has earned himself a ''nice'' reputation as the scumbag dev who cant be trusted,you honestly think people will easily forget what he tried to do? That was some grade A greed that can only be asociated with EA ... He has to earn everyone's respect back and truth be told thats a very hard thing to do,when and if he does that people would be complete morons to ever trust his word.

Mkoll666

Jan 3, 2018
I dont wanna be rude, but you are torn between real job and this, your mom naggs you about it, you have a lot of stress with it as well and desperately trying to grow it,
that does not sound like a stable game to support just saying. on the other hand despite your render work being a little rough/cartoony, I very much like it.

Really torn personally and your new policy left a very very sour taste in my mouth

Freshkope

Feb 10, 2021
Except the fact that even if he ''fixes'' it now he has earned himself a ''nice'' reputation as the scumbag dev who cant be trusted,you honestly think people will easily forget what he tried to do? That was some grade A greed that can only be asociated with EA ... He has to earn everyone's respect back and truth be told thats a very hard thing to do,when and if he does that people would be complete morons to ever trust his word.
Lol ok, last I checked he gave his supporters the full version. The guy was making less than $500 a month on his game, literally someone could have subscribed to his patreon, leaked his game for $1.50 and made more money in kickbacks from Mega for every download they got. I think 100 downloads is about $10. But yeah he’s so greedy like EA, omg are you for real? lmao.

3.50 star(s) 37 Votes