Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Well, congrats! Seems you've accomplished the exact opposite of what you were hoping to accomplish :ROFLMAO: Generally, people tend to pledge on Patreon not because they are desperate to get past a paywall, but rather because they genuinely think that your content is worth supporting. It's not like you are dealing with an audience so starved for futa content, that they would be ready to put up with any of your bullshit, as used to be the case some 20 years ago (there is enough such content readily available for free nowadays and, no offense, but much of a quality superior to what you are producing). Again, quite frankly, 500+ bucks a month is not too bad for a new game at this stage of development, you shouldn't really be complainig about people not wanting to support you.
You know that's not the dev you are replying to right?

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
Well, congrats! Seems you've accomplished the exact opposite of what you were hoping to accomplish :ROFLMAO: Generally, people tend to pledge on Patreon not because they are desperate to get past a paywall, but rather because they genuinely think that your content is worth supporting. It's not like you are dealing with an audience so starved for futa content, that they would be ready to put up with any of your bullshit, as used to be the case some 20 years ago (there is enough such content readily available for free nowadays and, no offense, but much of it is of a quality superior to what you are producing). Again, quite frankly, 500+ bucks a month is not too bad for a new game at this stage of development, you shouldn't really be complaining about people not wanting to support you.
Impossible to say it better

Dxdxs

Jan 11, 2023
I agree with what you guys said, I'm just gonna say to think a bit before completely shitting on the dev. We don't know what kinda of financial situation they are in so maybe that was a desperate attempt of getting some revenue to pay some late bills.
But these actions definitely left a stain in this game's history forever...

keenkp

Nov 25, 2019
At first, there was little sex content in the game, so I tried to fill it as quickly as possible. I created Lana's adventures and added a lot of sex scenes... I thought now people will come and support my development :cool:
Buuut it didn't help much :cry:, I wanted to quit Star Mars many times and make another game without futanari because I thought I wasn't very good at them… Then I saw how some developers upload a cut version of the game, I decided to try their method in the hope that it would help me .. :WeSmart:.
Man, i think you don't know the rules about the ADULT GAMES.

If you choose to do something, don't "cut" it, but you can "add" it.

Becaues depends on the libido, people always focus on the things they lost, not they gain.

So i can give you some advises to save the game and your wallet:

1. Make this game content loopable, add the gallery;

2. Keep in touch with players, but don't give overly detailed responses;

3. Set up the main story line and branch line, and use some short stories to increase the game content and update frequency;

4. Add more female characters and neutral characters, and increase the script of popular characters according to player feedback;

5. Follow up popular games or topics, such as Atomic Heart, and accept paid customization or small scripts from players;

6. Play other people's games to learn about similar games;

Your game can only be said to have potential, but it is not very good in all aspects. This 48-page discussion is actually good. Compared with many excellent games, there are not so many people paying attention, so you should use this opportunity to expand publicity instead of just choosing some strange methods.

I will post your game review later after finishing the recently tested games, and then I will post a few more excellent games, so you can compare them yourself.

Mist.

Mar 15, 2021
I just downloaded 0.7 and I see an error in the dialogs:
  • No matter what name you choose, Lana calls the MC "Tom".
I just started the update so I don't know if this error is limited to Lana or not.

I wanted to fix the problem, it's easy, but I'm on touchpad and for some reason I can't decompile the dialogs.

P.s.: I've read the last few comments and I'm of the same opinion. Removing content will not be in the interest of the game (or the developer's wallet). Many games have a public version and, for patrons, an extended version with bonus scenes. This works well. Anyway, there are some very good tips in the comments (mostly from keenkp). And if, despite everything, you decide to stop this game, don't give up on it, give it an ending. It will keep investors on your next game.

Last edited:

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
If the Dev wanted more support then he / she should make the Futa completely optional with a switch in the beginning of the game - like so many others, not having any normal girls reduces it's appeal to many people - also he / she needs to make quests non-conditional, I've waited to find Lana for 3 updates and still it won't trigger correctly - Walkthrough might help

• Angry
Reactions: Ptah and Drewbie

Eayz3n

Oct 12, 2018
If the Dev wanted more support then he / she should make the Futa completely optional with a switch in the beginning of the game - like so many others, not having any normal girls reduces it's appeal to many people - also he / she needs to make quests non-conditional, I've waited to find Lana for 3 updates and still it won't trigger correctly - Walkthrough might help
You literally have a walkthrough in the tablet.

MMaaggiicc

Dec 13, 2017
The Futa it is the base of the game, I imagine that you have seen the cover photo of it. There are many games here and there that are not of this nature, do not want to heteronormalize this masterpiece.
As Eayz3n mentioned, you have a guide for each character, don't expect the game to play for you, so you can discover not only its system but its details and aesthetics. It's not a game that you need to think about a lot, and you can occupy one of your hands in more biological tasks XD

Oct 16, 2017
For almost a year I tried to attract new people by voting, steam versions of the game, a fairly low fee to become patrons ($ 1.5), new people appeared but very slowly ...
During the creation of Star Mars, I got a couple of gray hairs from the stress. My mother keeps nagging me that I need to focus more on my real job instead of developing my game…
Those were hard times, I didn't quit working on the game just because I'm a very responsible person and seeing that the patrons invested their money in my game I went ahead like a tank my goal is to make a full version of the game. As a perfectionist, I cannot develop a game half-heartedly just to finish it quickly. Even with low income from the game, I tried my best to give it my all.

Alright, I'll be posting the full game at weekly intervals after I release it for patrons. But I'm sure it will be leaked even earlier...
Please focus on your life and job irl, it's not worth the gamble and you should work on this game as a hobby rather than seeing it as work.

hattran

May 3, 2018
Magic Dude
well, the game is focused on Futanari content, if you make Futa Girls private content for those who support you on Patreon, you will lose a lot of public because the vast majority here is interested in Futa Girls and not everyone is able to support you on Patreon , I think you should think more about this subject because if you want exclusive content for Patreons there are other possibilities of Content to put. Example: Pregnancy, Scat, Piss, Monster girls, Androids girls. So you can make Futanari Content for everyone and leave some of this alternative content for supporters

3.50 star(s) 37 Votes