Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Lol ok, last I checked he gave his supporters the full version. The guy was making less than $500 a month on his game, literally someone could have subscribed to his patreon, leaked his game for $1.50 and made more money in kickbacks from Mega for every download they got. I think 100 downloads is about $10. But yeah he’s so greedy like EA, omg are you for real? lmao.
Arrrrr, you landlubber, this a pirating board and any self-respecting pirate sailing the seven internet seas for plunder, booty and intellectual property, considers everything above for free as greedy! Avast there mate, ahoy, aye and and all this pirate talk. :ROFLMAO:

Joker619

Nov 4, 2020
At first, there was little sex content in the game, so I tried to fill it as quickly as possible. I created Lana's adventures and added a lot of sex scenes... I thought now people will come and support my development:cool:
Buuut it didn't help much:cry:, I wanted to quit Star Mars many times and make another game without futanari because I thought I wasn't very good at them… Then I saw how some developers upload a cut version of the game, I decided to try their method in the hope that it would help me ..:WeSmart:.
In all honesty, I was really looking forward to the update. This was one of the few Futa on Male games that had a nice storyline along with it.

I can understand your reasoning, I suppose, but just dropping a paywall without any warning or such (that I am aware of at this time of writing) really kinda feels like a dick move.

Silwith

Jan 27, 2021
I honestly like the artstyle, it is pretty good futa stuff, qualitywise I would put it quite high up. Paywalling just doesn't work, doing a timewall is much better. And yeah, maybe it gets leaked, but so would the Paywall Version... devs still get money even tho thats the same with every other game.

The low entry cost is a good, many many people just wanna show a bit of support or dont have much money themselves, so 1.50 is a good idea and you have the continious growth since the start.
In a way maybe this was actually helpful, ya know, bad PR is still PR after all and showing willingness to revise a mistake, who knows, could work out. Will see.

Reactions: Ditrikn

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Nice chars in the OP pics, love those trans, tried it a bit but the sandbox is just too annoying and time consuming; if the dev makes a VN version will come back.

Reactions: Dysphorika
May 3, 2022
It's never easy being a new indie dev, and places like this are more prone to hostility than supportive behavior. People that left that quickly and that easy weren't going to support your project ever, don't give them a second thought. You tried something, it doesn't look like it worked out, that's just part of growing pains of an indie dev. Your futa characters are excellent, they are definitely going to be your main draw to this game. Keep working at it, don't let people discourage you from your passion.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
The dev has already recinded his paywall plan, and apologized for it.

So he at least deserves a second chance, but thats just my opinion.
But he hasn't edited the changelog so anyone reading that will still see the paywall message

The futa version is also still behind a paywall but only at the lowest level of support and will presumably be made available in due course

This might be a case where the staff should remove the most recent version and revert to 0.6 until the full 0.7 drops/leaks

ploopi

Nov 18, 2017
For almost a year I tried to attract new people by voting, steam versions of the game, a fairly low fee to become patrons ($ 1.5), new people appeared but very slowly ...
During the creation of Star Mars, I got a couple of gray hairs from the stress. My mother keeps nagging me that I need to focus more on my real job instead of developing my game…
Those were hard times, I didn't quit working on the game just because I'm a very responsible person and seeing that the patrons invested their money in my game I went ahead like a tank my goal is to make a full version of the game. As a perfectionist, I cannot develop a game half-heartedly just to finish it quickly. Even with low income from the game, I tried my best to give it my all.

Alright, I'll be posting the full game at weekly intervals after I release it for patrons. But I'm sure it will be leaked even earlier...
You should probably edit your changelog accordingly, people are still jumping in to the thread and seeing that post. It's actively damaging your brand.

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
At first, there was little sex content in the game, so I tried to fill it as quickly as possible. I created Lana's adventures and added a lot of sex scenes... I thought now people will come and support my development:cool:
Buuut it didn't help much:cry:, I wanted to quit Star Mars many times and make another game without futanari because I thought I wasn't very good at them… Then I saw how some developers upload a cut version of the game, I decided to try their method in the hope that it would help me ..:WeSmart:.
Well, congrats! Seems you've accomplished the exact opposite of what you were hoping to accomplish :ROFLMAO: Generally, people tend to pledge on Patreon not because they are desperate to get past a paywall, but rather because they genuinely think that your content is worth supporting. It's not like you are dealing with an audience so starved for futa content, that they would be ready to put up with any of your bullshit, as used to be the case some 20 years ago (there is enough such content readily available for free nowadays and, no offense, but much of it is of a quality superior to what you are producing). Again, quite frankly, 500+ bucks a month is not too bad for a new game at this stage of development, you shouldn't really be complaining about people not wanting to support you.

Last edited:

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
The dev has already recinded his paywall plan, and apologized for it.

So he at least deserves a second chance, but thats just my opinion.
Anyone who is willing to drop ego, recognise their mistakes and to rectify them deserves a second chance I agree, that said people will understandably be more wary yes, and his actions must now be much more than his words since he will be under a lot more scrutany now.

But...mistakes are how you grow, they are how you become better. When you learnt to ride a bike you fell off, you could quit, you could blame your parents or the other kids, or you could recognise what you did wrong and get back on the bike, then you kept at it through more mistakes until finally you could ride the bike.

3.50 star(s) 37 Votes