Unity Abandoned Star Wars: Path of Lust [v0.1.1] [Star Lord]

DarkNix

Dec 9, 2018
Any plans on adding headbands/headwraps that Twi'lek women typically wear? None of the demo images have any, and it would make for a nice touch I think

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
Release delay...:(

I sadly have to report that the promised December 1 release is slightly delayed. The reason is simple - a lack of free time and some unforeseen circumstances that slowed down my work, in particular, I got a little sick (this is not a covid, thank the Force, but also unpleasant). Sorry...

In fact, the demo version of the game is almost finished, but there is still something to be done and in the remaining two days I simply will not physically have time to do it. Therefore, I will have to postpone the release of the game for at best one week, at worst two. But, I will try to cope faster.

Of course, I could post what is already done as promised on December 1st, but I don't think you waited two months to play a raw demo where half of the stuff doesn't work, right? So I ask you to wait a little longer and finally get a normal playable version, which I hope you enjoy :)

If someone is tired of waiting and intends to stop supporting me - I understand everything. It's ok.

In general, the expected release of the game is December 8-12. Once again I apologize for the delay, but in this world not everything depends on us . Wish me luck and may the Force be with us :)

DarkNix

Dec 9, 2018
I for one know how deadlines work in software, honestly I would have been surprised to have it today.

Just don't forget, you got a sizeable number of people who are more than happy to bug test for you, there is nothing wrong with having a "known issues" section on patch notes :) (within reason of course...)

Good luck on the final stretch

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
I for one know how deadlines work in software, honestly I would have been surprised to have it today.

Just don't forget, you got a sizeable number of people who are more than happy to bug test for you, there is nothing wrong with having a "known issues" section on patch notes :) (within reason of course...)

Good luck on the final stretch
I am glad that these people are there and soon I will give them such an opportunity :) I just want to avoid very obvious bugs, and of course, finish the release to some logical conclusion for the first version.

DarkNix

Dec 9, 2018
And this is what we call the 90-90 rule in software development

The first 90% of the work takes 90% of the time. The last 10% of the work takes 90% of the time

Reactions: blargballs

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
This is fucking Cyberpunk syndrome...

Well, as you probably already understood, the release got stuck again... Yes, again there was not enough time to finish everything to the end. In addition, some technical difficulties arose along the way. In short, apparently I have a fate as the creators of Cyberpunk 2077 - there are always some problems that make you postpone the release...

True, they still released game, but judging by the numerous reviews, in a terrible state. I do not want to repeat their mistakes, and therefore I strive to complete everything as it should. And this is time again.

Many of you tell me not to rush and not strain and just work, the main thing is that in the end the game comes out really high quality. Yes, I agree, but guys, just for your sake, I want to release it as soon as possible :) And at the same time I don't want to give you crap.

In general, I try to finish the release as soon as possible, it is possible that it will still be released this year. If not - well, then you will start 2021 with a trip to a galaxy far far away :)

Sorry again for the delay and thanks for being here :)

May 26, 2018
Honestly quite surprised we still only have the tech demo for this game, Pretty sure I played it over a year ago when the tech demo was released. a quick word for the dev, Don't try to purge every single bug from the game before release, that can only end in never releasing the game. fix as many major game breaking bugs as you can, then throw out an early access release and let the hundreds of hours of free labor find the bugs for you. the players can almost always find bugs an entire dev studio missed.

StarLord Games

Game Developer
May 10, 2019
Honestly quite surprised we still only have the tech demo for this game, Pretty sure I played it over a year ago when the tech demo was released. a quick word for the dev, Don't try to purge every single bug from the game before release, that can only end in never releasing the game. fix as many major game breaking bugs as you can, then throw out an early access release and let the hundreds of hours of free labor find the bugs for you. the players can almost always find bugs an entire dev studio missed.
I agree, but these should not be mistakes that prevent you from playing in principle, right? :)

Reactions: blargballs
May 26, 2018
I agree, but these should not be mistakes that prevent you from playing in principle, right? :)
not quite sure what you meant by that, but if you're referring to the bugs found in Cyberpunk, Consoles were the only platforms that had any gameplay breaking bugs. the PC bugs were almost all graphical issues.