h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
just a reminder that the new titles will drop in 6 days!
I was hoping to see a trailer by now, like the one you see when you launch Starless
they have been updating the new game site every week since they launched it
first uploaded the CG then CV and then announced the master up, lastly they released 2 gameplay videos
but this week they haven't released anything, I wonder if they're gonna stop updating until the release date :unsure: :unsure:

nashorn95z

Jan 26, 2019
I was hoping to see a trailer by now, like the one you see when you launch Starless
first uploaded the CG then CV and then announced the master up, lastly they released 2 gameplay videos
but this week they haven't released anything, I wonder if they're gonna stop updating until the release date :unsure: :unsure:
do you have some links? what is it called?

Aug 14, 2017
Damn. We need to find a person who knows Japanese to translate it. Who will be our hero?

Reactions: h-kingu

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
or computer transalte it and correct the sentences to fit the context. its not the best translation but its woul be playable
you'd still need some programmer to make a patch of it...

did it take JAST a few years to translate Starless after the original release in Japan?

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
Machine translation would be garbage and not worth touching. You can't play or enjoy these games without a real translation. You might as well just look at a the censored CGs, because you can't understand or get anything from the game without a real translation. I wouldn't even touch these with a decent translation but still censored. Mosaic is shit and not even worth playing.

JAST could pick up Great Deceiver if there's enough interest, but people need to email them or contact them on socials to request it. They may not feel it's worth it though. Highly doubt there's any chance they would pick up any of the other titles.They were gonna pick up Cleavage, but the uncensored assets were lost for it so that didn't happen. There were also talks about some of the other titles long ago, but it was just indecisions on which and nothing ever came from it.

Hate to say it but it ultimately comes down to piracy. Starless was a huge project to release for them, and it may not have been worthwhile in the end. It was a premium and very long Nukige VN at an expensive price tag. Not enough people show up and actually support the shit. I did my part and bought a physical copy, but most people just pirate it from sites like this one, and never go back and buy it later even if they liked it.

Trust me if Starless was a huge success for them then they would have done more Empress for sure. Best shot for me is with Great Deceiver though, so e-mail them or contact them on socials to request it. No chance someone like Mangagamer or anyone else picks up anything from Empress though.

Here - support at jastusa dot com

Email them and request more Empress titles and specifically Great Deceiver. Best chance you got.

Last edited:

reyty

Oct 29, 2018
anyone has the ost? i wanna feeling my ptsd from that game on the daily commuting. yeah another joke about this game

Jan 1, 2018
The sequel will be released tomorrow :3
I’m feeling good about this but something feels off considering we haven’t seen more samples or a trailer.
Hopefully I’m a bit paranoid considering the delays I’ve remembered with Starless.

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
I’m feeling good about this but something feels off considering we haven’t seen more samples or a trailer.
Hopefully I’m a bit paranoid considering the delays I’ve remembered with Starless.
if they were gonna delay it, they would've said so on their Twitter a few days ago, people have already placed their orders.
there is a total of 12 CG's, and few CV samples, and 2 videos on the game's site
maybe they don't want to reveal more until people buy the game

that being said however...their silence on their site and Twitter for the last couple of weeks is strange...

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
as for me...
no matter how the games turn out to be, I won't complain, even if the content is disappointing.
I've waited long enough so see Marie Mamiya is another game, so I'll try to go through it even if it was in japanese
and try to unlock all scenes and all CG's, and then fap to it for weeks lol

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
I really hope people are reaching out to JAST USA. If enough of us do then maybe we can convince them to pick up Great Deceiver. It will be extremely disappointing if no more Empress titles get localized and release uncensored. I've been legit considering offering them a five-figure donation (2) to help push them to localize this title. I'm sure I could pay for someone to do a fan translation itself at that point, but I want the real deal with it being officially released an uncensored.

Probably fapped to Starless more than any other game, and it always starts and ends with Marie for me. So it'd be a damn shame if this is the end...

Aug 14, 2017
I really hope people are reaching out to JAST USA. If enough of us do then maybe we can convince them to pick up Great Deceiver. It will be extremely disappointing if no more Empress titles get localized and release uncensored. I've been legit considering offering them a five-figure donation (2) to help push them to localize this title. I'm sure I could pay for someone to do a fan translation itself at that point, but I want the real deal with it being officially released an uncensored.

Probably fapped to Starless more than any other game, and it always starts and ends with Marie for me. So it'd be a damn shame if this is the end...
Yeah, we just need to find this translator

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018

the problem is, most if not all Empress games tend to have extreme content of sort (scat, bestiality, gore...etc)
and that's a red line for the U.S , that's why trying to license any of Empress games is a real trouble for any official release group, JAST USA had to cut content from the game and somehow were able to release an unofficial uncut version later on
and in the end it wasn't even worth all that trouble sales-wise, let's be honest here, Starless is definitely not for everyone
JAST probably think Empress isn't worth the trouble they go into

as for fan translations...I said before you'd need a decent programmer who knows both english and japanese
first, you need to remove the script files from the game (need some software for that) translate the script and then re patch the files into the game, re patching is where things get complicated, beside many fan translations are machine translations
so in the end you get a half assed translation and the game still censored, unless you found a good translator
probably if the content isn't too extreme in Great Deceiver JAST might pick it up with enough demand or so I hope

4.00 star(s) 46 Votes