Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
the problem is, most if not all Empress games tend to have extreme content of sort (scat, bestiality, gore...etc)
and that's a red line for the U.S , that's why trying to license any of Empress games is a real trouble for any official release group, JAST USA had to cut content from the game and somehow were able to release an unofficial uncut version later on
and in the end it wasn't even worth all that trouble sales-wise, let's be honest here, Starless is definitely not for everyone
JAST probably think Empress isn't worth the trouble they go into

as for fan translations...I said before you'd need a decent programmer who knows both english and japanese
first, you need to remove the script files from the game (need some software for that) translate the script and then re patch the files into the game, re patching is where things get complicated, beside many fan translations are machine translations
so in the end you get a half assed translation and the game still censored, unless you found a good translator
probably if the content isn't too extreme in Great Deceiver JAST might pick it up with enough demand or so I hope
Yeah, I agree. I already touched on a lot of this in my previous posts, but ultimately it comes down to piracy and if it's worth the hassle and everything else involved for a large nukige like this with questionable content. If the game made a ton of money and did well for them, then there'd be little question if we'd see more or not.

I wouldn't ever consider funding a fan translation for Great Deceiver either. I know there's people out there doing high quality fan translations, but I'd want an uncensored product. Mosaics just ruin the product for me to the point where it's just not enjoyable and would rather play / read something else. I'd rather put money towards something that is going to be uncensored and best for Western fans.

Hopefully the content in Great Deceiver is more on the lighter side compared to Starless, and perhaps that will give us a better chance at seeing it localized. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Murderous Int

Oct 15, 2018
I've played both now and they avoid CG of bestiality and gore but do have the odd bit of scat. So they are pretty safe, be it a Starless light.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My DominancE translation captures the context of the scenes well enough. Through it you will know Ami is a virgin, Melvin made the ship, Makoto is in the military, he signed a contract with Kimiko to be her slave.
I will also send it to Empress once it's done and edited so they can choose if they want to do a western release themselves. And overall I'm not that fussed about JAST picking them up anymore since I went through all that stuff years ago with requesting them. The forum likely still has my threads/posts on it. I'd just rather personally support Empress directly then them tone down stuff just for a possible US release.

But for those interested I would say these new games are a safe bet for localisation be it JAST/fakku/MG/Kagura or whatever company you think might pick it up and not take a life time.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017
So, should we make an official announcement for one of these companies that we'd like to see this game translated and uncensored? Btw, what do you think about crowdfunding?

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
I've played both now and they avoid CG of bestiality and gore but do have the odd bit of scat. So they are pretty safe, be it a Starless light.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My DominancE translation captures the context of the scenes well enough. Through it you will know Ami is a virgin, Melvin made the ship, Makoto is in the military, he signed a contract with Kimiko to be her slave.
I will also send it to Empress once it's done and edited so they can choose if they want to do a western release themselves. And overall I'm not that fussed about JAST picking them up anymore since I went through all that stuff years ago with requesting them. The forum likely still has my threads/posts on it. I'd just rather personally support Empress directly then them tone down stuff just for a possible US release.

But for those interested I would say these new games are a safe bet for localisation be it JAST/fakku/MG/Kagura or whatever company you think might pick it up and not take a life time.
wait wait wait.....that's from the new game????
is it out already????
please don't spoil the content for me but at least tell me if it's decent enough....or wait don't tell me!
it's not on Nyaa yet and there is nothing the empress website
how the hell did you get both games???
the new games are safe?? they better not be vanilla!

Last edited:
Reactions: Murderous Int

Murderous Int

Oct 15, 2018
So, should we make an official announcement for one of these companies that we'd like to see this game translated and uncensored? Btw, what do you think about crowdfunding?
The games come with a survey with ten questions so you can request Empress through that. MangaGamer do a yearly survey too which played a part in previous years for the Rance and Alicesoft games getting picked up. Requesting directly you tend to get "we would like to" at somepoint, but they do keep tabs.
Crowdfunding seems complicated with the ups and downs that can come with that, the legal issues, and if a platform is even willing to host this sort of 18+ content.

@h-kingu
They are out digitally on DMM and dlsite. They went on sale midnight JP time.

Don't worry I won't spoil anything outside what I've already posted.

Last edited:

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
The games come with a survey with ten questions so you can request Empress through that. MangaGamer do a yearly survey too which played a part in previous years for the Rance and Alicesoft games getting picked up. Requesting directly you tend to get "we would like to" at somepoint, but they do keep tabs.
Crowdfunding seems complicated with the ups and downs that can come with that, the legal issues, and if a platform is even willing to host this sort of 18+ content.

@h-kingu
They are out digitally on DMM and dlsite. They went on sale midnight JP time.

damn it!!!! I wish I could buy them!

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
the game is out on DLSite, but there is still nothing on the Empress site what's going on? :unsure:

Last edited:

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
I was just thinking...even tho MangaGamer picked up a game like Euphoria, they won't come close to any Empress Game
Euphoria is as much fucked as as starless...we need to do the survey thing

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
Game is out but seems it needs to be registered first.
Might as well till it’s cracked.
yeah just checked, the game is on nyaa
but it needs crack
2D.GF uploaded it, I'll check if his is cracked cuz most of his games are cracked
but just in case how long does it usually take to crack these kinda games?

Edit: 2D.GF upload isn't cracked...yet
on their website, I think it says they are working on a crack (it's in chinese and google translate isn't accurate)

Last edited:

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
has anyone managed to get the game to work without buying it
or found a crack somewhere?

Last edited:

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
While I agree on supporting artists and companies for heir work, it’s hard to help when you can fully enjoy then product for lenguage and he censorship.

I’ll buy it when it’s localized.
in my case I can't buy shit from the country I live in
if it's not pirated, I don't get to see it
even tho I have money to pay for stuff I just can't buy them
and I really want to support artists and studios :(

h-kingu

Nov 24, 2018
Wow. Where do you live?
you're better off not knowing trust me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
btw have you had any luck getting a crack for the game?
I'm still itching to play it, but I can't till someone cracks it, it might take a week or even more but hopefully it get a cracks
lol we were worried about it getting translated, we should worry about it getting cracked first

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018
you're better off not knowing trust me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
btw have you had any luck getting a crack for the game?
I'm still itching to play it, but I can't till someone cracks it, it might take a week or even more but hopefully it get a cracks
lol we were worried about it getting translated, we should worry about it getting cracked first
Crack´s already out.

Just scroll down to the crack post.

4.00 star(s) 46 Votes