HentaiGnome

Feb 2, 2019
  • New Minigame: Tower Defense. Help protect Amelia's storage from a swarm of hungry bugs.
Just tried the latest update and, uh, I can't say I'm a fan of the new minigame. It looks great visually, but I don't like its execution. It's fairly tough even if you choose the "easy" mode. It could just be a personal problem since I was never good at tower defense games. That being said, is there no way to skip the minigame? I enjoyed the older version of Starmaker Story where choosing Work was simply like any other story event. But now, there's a minigame attached to it that I can't seem to skip other than purposefully failing to it. Choosing Work as your day's main event now actually feels like "going to work" lol.

Last edited:

ta1842

Jul 9, 2017
Just tried this new update and, eh... can't say I'm a fan of this new minigame. It looks great visually, but I don't like its execution. It's fairly tough even if you choose the "easy" mode. Then again, it could just be me since I was never into tower defense type games. That being said, is there no way to skip these minigames? I enjoyed the previous update where going to work was simply like any other story event. But now, there's a minigame attached to it that I can't seem to skip other than purposefully failing to it. Choosing work as your day's main event now actually feels like "going to work" lol.
I feel the same way about it. I just pick the option on the right to get it over with. I picked up all the other figures from the comic shop, so maybe they'll make it easier, but I'm just letting it fail for the time being since it doesn't seem to impact the character story progression.

HentaiGnome

Feb 2, 2019
I feel the same way about it. I just pick the option on the right to get it over with. I picked up all the other figures from the comic shop, so maybe they'll make it easier, but I'm just letting it fail for the time being since it doesn't seem to impact the character story progression.
Oh okay, thanks. I just started a fresh save so I'm literally at the beginning so I didn't know that I could pick up other figurines elsewhere later on. I hope the minigame gets easier because early on it's tough lol. As a side comparative rant, I prefer Summertime Saga's approach in letting you skip their minigames. Tbh I don't know if that's how it is in the vanilla version since I'm using the "Naughty Tribute Mod", but either way, it's great to be able to have the option to skip minigames when I don't feel like playing them. I hope we get the option to skip them here in Starmaker Story, otherwise they're going to be a nuisance down the road I think.

ta1842

Jul 9, 2017
Oh okay, thanks. I just started a fresh save so I'm literally at the beginning so I didn't know that I could pick up other figurines elsewhere later on. I hope the minigame gets easier because early on it's tough lol. As a side comparative rant, I prefer Summertime Saga's approach in letting you skip their minigames. Tbh I don't know if that's how it is in the vanilla version since I'm using the "Naughty Tribute Mod", but either way, it's great to be able to have the option to skip minigames when I don't feel like playing them. I hope we get the option to skip them here in Starmaker Story, otherwise they're going to be a nuisance down the road I think.
I think it's just a little jarring from the last update considering the mini games before were small, quick games. This new one is more involved and takes upwards to a few minutes to complete.

HentaiGnome

Feb 2, 2019
I think it's just a little jarring from the last update considering the mini games before were small, quick games. This new one is more involved and takes upwards to a few minutes to complete.
Yeah, I think that's one of the biggest issues I'm facing with it right now. On the other hand, I honestly didn't mind the Gym or Club minigames because they were fairly quick and easy.

Apr 10, 2019
The new minigame is okay except its starting position has a good chance of failure even on easy mode. Needs more starting gold or these goblins need to get better targeting to stay focused on the bugs in the lead.

sol1tary

Mar 6, 2021
Version 1.3 has a different save folder. So it won't see past saves.
But the folders are next to each other, just move them from 1.2 to the 1.3 folder and continue playing where you left off in the previous version.
don't do that, unless you want to encounter a lot of bugs, start a new game

ButteredToast190

Jul 12, 2023
Anyone found out what the new Park events are supposed to be? Been reloading the save and so far it's just the same stuff as before.

wolvovic

Dec 29, 2020
sol1tary , what are you talking about, I spent about 4 hours in the game. I haven't encountered any errors yet. Maybe you can tell me what you encountered that led you to this conclusion.

ButteredToast190

Jul 12, 2023
Just tried the latest update and, uh, I can't say I'm a fan of the new minigame. It looks great visually, but I don't like its execution. It's fairly tough even if you choose the "easy" mode. It could just be a personal problem since I was never good at tower defense games. That being said, is there no way to skip the minigame? I enjoyed the older version of Starmaker Story where choosing Work was simply like any other story event. But now, there's a minigame attached to it that I can't seem to skip other than purposefully failing to it. Choosing Work as your day's main event now actually feels like "going to work" lol.
It's definitely janky. I'm all for the increased income in the early game, but if you don't get the right gold cards(?) before the round starts you can't do anything except the easy mode. Also sucks that you can't skip it late game once you've got the page up and running.

sol1tary

Mar 6, 2021
sol1tary , what are you talking about, I spent about 4 hours in the game. I haven't encountered any errors yet. Maybe you can tell me what you encountered that led you to this conclusion.
dev on discord said that you should start a new game, because game has been reworked

BahBar

Jun 1, 2017
Quick question, what do you do with the new NPC in the shrine Nyxara do you release her or no ?

ThomasPrf

Dec 19, 2019
anyone got a full sharing save for 1.2B? I fucked up the photography choice and can't having 3some again, then I searched here and overwrote my save with some others I found here but none are good enough, and I didn't back mine up (well they are shit anyway). Don't wanna grind all over again, and 1.3 has too many new contents that I feel not ready for them yet

punhetas

Nov 2, 2016
anyone got a full sharing save for 1.2B? I fucked up the photography choice and can't having 3some again, then I searched here and overwrote my save with some others I found here but none are good enough, and I didn't back mine up (well they are shit anyway). Don't wanna grind all over again, and 1.3 has too many new contents that I feel not ready for them yet
Some of the content is through the progression of Anna's sluttiness, so you'll miss them. If you load an endgame save. Also, some of the new scenes, like ken's mom with adrian or Katarina with Anna aren't either.
My advice is to start a new save...

4.30 star(s) 52 Votes