4.70 star(s) 39 Votes

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
When will the project come back?
The short answer is when Stiglet decides he's ready to reengage. Burnout, or maybe just deep fatigue, is a real wall to get through. Between "The Visit" and this game he's been at it for quite a long time. Hardly surprising he needs a break. I understand this isn't a very satisfying answer. As far as I know, he's only said he'll be back after the beginning of this year. Could be days, weeks, or months into 2022. We'll just have to wait.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
The short answer is when Stiglet decides he's ready to reengage. Burnout, or maybe just deep fatigue, is a real wall to get through. Between "The Visit" and this game he's been at it for quite a long time. Hardly surprising he needs a break. I understand this isn't a very satisfying answer. As far as I know, he's only said he'll be back after the beginning of this year. Could be days, weeks, or months into 2022. We'll just have to wait.
Maybe he'll decide to convert this back to a true VN instead of a hybrid VN/sandbox. I think it would gain more traction and might be easier to code.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mint-ER#

Quadclops

Jan 5, 2019
Maybe he'll decide to convert this back to a true VN instead of a hybrid VN/sandbox. I think it would gain more traction and might be easier to code.
I think he said at one point that he wanted to try something new and challenge himself, I don't think he will change it at this point.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I've been programming longer that most folks here have drawn breath. Sandboxes are much more challenging to code, especially if you want it to flow smoothly. That said, if Stiglet feels that creating a sandbox is the most rewarding way to spend his time, then more power to him and the very best of luck.

Our enjoyment is consuming these VNs/games. The developer's enjoyment is in their creation. IMHO whatever gives Stiglet the greatest enjoyment is the course he should pursue.

fr34ky

Oct 29, 2017
sandbox is the reason why game is interesting to play. Not just point click and waiting for scenes.
I agree, I think scenes achieve a better buildup when you have to do some kind of chore to get them, specially if it is well written like in the last update, I mean it wasn't he most inspiring thing, but feels a lot better than some linear click click click until you see the scene. But sadly it seems like it's too much work for a one man project.

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
sandbox is the reason why game is interesting to play. Not just point click and waiting for scenes.
I'm sure so many people only chose to play a game like BaDIK and many others like it simply because of their exhilirating sandbox experience that is like 5% of the game's content. It has nothing to do with the characters and story, none at all. Not everyone makes a better second game than their first one. I like this game, but I also can't deny that I much preferred the characters in The Visit.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I'm sure so many people only chose to play a game like BaDIK and many others like it simply because of their exhilirating sandbox experience that is like 5% of the game's content. It has nothing to do with the characters and story, none at all. Not everyone makes a better second game than their first one. I like this game, but I also can't deny that I much preferred the characters in The Visit.
Man, this is the prologue only and a little bit of the story. They say: you can't judge a book by its cover.

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
Man, this is the prologue only and a little bit of the story. They say: you can't judge a book by its cover.
I know, I'm not commenting on the story. I like the game, just not as much as the first one, and the only 2 things I'm basing my opinion at the moment are the characters' appearance and the gameplay (namely sandbox, so far it adds nothing to the game, and yes I know that this is very early, but still). I'm waiting to see how the rest turns out.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
Petition for The Visit 2: The Re-Visiting

Nikki and Karen, due to an unfortunate pizza-related accident, are frozen in carbonite immediately after giving birth to identical twin daughters (Nikki) and fraternal twins (Karen) - a boy and a girl. 18 years later, they are unfrozen and learn that the original MC from The Visit died on a dangerous mission into outer space. Devastated, they visit their children. You play as Karen's son, the new MC, and your resemblance to the original MC (featuring the MC from Stars of Salvation with his ... upgrades) starts off a new adventure with Nikki, Karen, and their three daughters.

Freesecs

Apr 26, 2019
I know, I'm not commenting on the story. I like the game, just not as much as the first one, and the only 2 things I'm basing my opinion at the moment are the characters' appearance and the gameplay (namely sandbox, so far it adds nothing to the game, and yes I know that this is very early, but still). I'm waiting to see how the rest turns out.

Well, for me the characters appearance is WAY better in Stars. I also liked that Stiglet could give better proportions to most of the female bodies (Nikki's body was exagerated for me) with the plus of a phenomenal clothing tool. About the gameplay, a sandbox opens many possibilities for the story/progression. We need to wait to see what he's planning to do with it, but atm I didn't get annoyed by it at all and maybe I even find it to be more immersive.

Last edited:

Mr.Hide

Oct 23, 2018
Petition for The Visit 2: The Re-Visiting

Nikki and Karen, due to an unfortunate pizza-related accident, are frozen in carbonite immediately after giving birth to identical twin daughters (Nikki) and fraternal twins (Karen) - a boy and a girl. 18 years later, they are unfrozen and learn that the original MC from The Visit died on a dangerous mission into outer space. Devastated, they visit their children. You play as Karen's son, the new MC, and your resemblance to the original MC (featuring the MC from Stars of Salvation with his ... upgrades) starts off a new adventure with Nikki, Karen, and their three daughters.
Some side character needs more love.
The police girl is suite for MC and can be a couple society's limelight.
While his incest Harem "HIDE" behind the "couple"

Reactions: chris1
4.70 star(s) 39 Votes