4.70 star(s) 39 Votes

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Incest was the driving force of The Visit. There were other characters, but without gratuitous incest the storyline wouldn't have existed.
Then you move on to a new game without incest and are genuinely lost, without ideas, because conflict and resolution must stem from a different source than just a handy taboo. I'm not surprised.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Incest was the driving force of The Visit. There were other characters, but without gratuitous incest the storyline wouldn't have existed.
Then you move on to a new game without incest and are genuinely lost, without ideas, because conflict and resolution must stem from a different source than just a handy taboo. I'm not surprised.
From my perspective the writing in Stars of Salvation seems to be pretty solid. So exactly what doesn't surprise you? That a solo dev who spent three years and ten months producing an exceptional VN and then dove, without a break, into a new VN while adding the complexity of a sandbox, might (just maybe) suffer some burnout and need to set things aside and reinvigorate himself?

At this point there is no evidence that there are any problems in developing this VN other than burnout. Certainly nothing to suggest that the writer is "lost". Maybe you're lost.

ComixFan

Apr 15, 2019
So... Is there enough content to make it worth downloading? Or wait until it resumes? I really enjoyed The Visit.

Paynne

Oct 31, 2018
So... Is there enough content to make it worth downloading? Or wait until it resumes? I really enjoyed The Visit.
Just the introduction of the girls and two scenes with the doctor, your choice but I recommend you to try it.

Sep 20, 2021
Hey there everyone, Long time supporter of Stiglet and a Patreon of them just giving my two cents here.

First of all, I want to say the support you all are giving the dev amongst the small number of people complaining when it comes to time of absence is great to see. For everyone that gets to enjoy Stiglet's content for free, you don't realize the way they treat all of us that spend some of our own money supporting them and the game. Stiglet has done nothing but produce GREAT content every update for all of the Visit, and now SOS. Always giving us bonus content and updates, freezing payments when they know they are not going to be able to deliver is going great lengths for their supporters compared to other devs that don't update nearly as frequently, don't freeze payments when they are taking breaks, or straight up abandon the game despite all the support they've gotten with no word as to why. And some of those dev's don't have NEARLY the quality of game(s) that the Visit or SOS will ever be.

We should be hopeful obviously for a quick return. If it takes more time than it has already, then so be it. Obviously everyone wants more of this game. But people that support Stiglet want them at their best, and would not want anything that Stiglet wouldn't be proud of releasing. That's the reason we are on this thread and love the game in the first place bc all this work was clearly them at their best and it's easy to tell, because the Visit is already an amazing game and SOS could definitely top it, when it already seemed hard to top an already amazing debut game.

Final statement here is that Stiglet is no doubt in the conversation of GOATs when it comes to devs. We should be thankful that they happen to be one that actually cares about the community and wants to release only the best for us bc thats what they feel like we deserve(y)

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Hey there everyone, Long time supporter of Stiglet and a Patreon of them just giving my two cents here.

First of all, I want to say the support you all are giving the dev amongst the small number of people complaining when it comes to time of absence is great to see. For everyone that gets to enjoy Stiglet's content for free, you don't realize the way they treat all of us that spend some of our own money supporting them and the game. Stiglet has done nothing but produce GREAT content every update for all of the Visit, and now SOS. Always giving us bonus content and updates, freezing payments when they know they are not going to be able to deliver is going great lengths for their supporters compared to other devs that don't update nearly as frequently, don't freeze payments when they are taking breaks, or straight up abandon the game despite all the support they've gotten with no word as to why. And some of those dev's don't have NEARLY the quality of game(s) that the Visit or SOS will ever be.

We should be hopeful obviously for a quick return. If it takes more time than it has already, then so be it. Obviously everyone wants more of this game. But people that support Stiglet want them at their best, and would not want anything that Stiglet wouldn't be proud of releasing. That's the reason we are on this thread and love the game in the first place bc all this work was clearly them at their best and it's easy to tell, because the Visit is already an amazing game and SOS could definitely top it, when it already seemed hard to top an already amazing debut game.

Final statement here is that Stiglet is no doubt in the conversation of GOATs when it comes to devs. We should be thankful that they happen to be one that actually cares about the community and wants to release only the best for us bc thats what they feel like we deserve(y)
Absolutely. I second that. Just be patient and enjoy it when it gets here.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

100% agree. Stiglet is one of top devs both in quality of work and work ethic. If more devs were like him, this niche will be so much better

Aug 11, 2020
Yes, it's because of the lack of incest. Not because he went from a slideshow with 10 choices to a sandbox game.

:rolleyes:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Yes, it's because of the lack of incest. Not because he went from a slideshow with 10 choices to a sandbox game.

:rolleyes:
Do you realize that doesn't contradict what I said?
He didn't need a compelling story with The Visit because incest moved things along. He didn't need to present a heap of meaningful choices because people were there to get them all, to see those boobs and to watch those animations with mommy and auntie.
Was The Visit a good story? Diehard incest fans will say "yeeeees."
People with a more objective approach may say "nooooooooooooooo".

Now, he moved on from a VN with hardly any choices to a sandbox game. Don't you realize that sandboxes are perhaps the best way out when you haven't really figured out a decent story for your game? Your post doesn't refute what I said,but only provides more evidence.

Reactions: enfuego

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Do you realize that doesn't contradict what I said?
He didn't need a compelling story with The Visit because incest moved things along. He didn't need to present a heap of meaningful choices because people were there to get them all, to see those boobs and to watch those animations with mommy and auntie.
Was The Visit a good story? Diehard incest fans will say "yeeeees."
People with a more objective approach may say "nooooooooooooooo".

Now, he moved on from a VN with hardly any choices to a sandbox game. Don't you realize that sandboxes are perhaps the best way out when you haven't really figured out a decent story for your game? Your post doesn't refute what I said,but only provides more evidence.
Except as I pointed out before the writing in this VN is fine. There is an underlying story that provides a foundation for the interaction between the MC and the various LIs, each of whom are already establishing their individual personalities. There is absolutely no evidence that Stiglet is having any difficulty with the writing. Obviously you're free to speculate, but at this point you have nothing to support those speculations. It's probably worth mentioning that Stiglet indicated before he released the game that he intended to make it a sandbox because he was interested in experimenting with that type of coding because he hadn't previously done so. This means your notion that he moved to a sandbox because he was stumped in the story's development doesn't fit the actual evolution of this VN.

The obvious answer to being on hold is the one provided by the developer. Burnout.

Reactions: gzrtjhgtyhjljk

Jazzzzz

Sep 20, 2021
been 2 months, no update on his patreon also, will he be back or might as well consider this abandoned ?

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
been 2 months, no update on his patreon also, will he be back or might as well consider this abandoned ?
Stiglet requested the VN be placed onhold, stating he was taking time out from development until he found the motivation to return. That tag reflects his intention to return to development. He's paused Patreon contributions. Either he'll return to develop this VN or he'll tell F95 it's abandoned. He's been 100% up front about this situation.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Except as I pointed out before the writing in this VN is fine. There is an underlying story that provides a foundation for the interaction between the MC and the various LIs, each of whom are already establishing their individual personalities. There is absolutely no evidence that Stiglet is having any difficulty with the writing. Obviously you're free to speculate, but at this point you have nothing to support those speculations. It's probably worth mentioning that Stiglet indicated before he released the game that he intended to make it a sandbox because he was interested in experimenting with that type of coding because he hadn't previously done so. This means your notion that he moved to a sandbox because he was stumped in the story's development doesn't fit the actual evolution of this VN.

The obvious answer to being on hold is the one provided by the developer. Burnout.
I think you're missing his point.
The point is that he worked on The Visit for two and a half years without any major problems, smooth sailing, the story writes itself just gotta pump out these renders and we're good.
A couple months into working on Stars of Salvation and he's spent.
He clearly doesn't like working on it.

It's not unheard of, many developers hit a brick wall only a couple of updates in simply because they bit more than they could chew.
The guy has one game behind his belt, and it doesn't matter how good it was, still doesn't make him invulnerable.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Stiglet requested the VN be placed onhold, stating he was taking time out from development until he found the motivation to return. That tag reflects his intention to return to development. He's paused Patreon contributions. Either he'll return to develop this VN or he'll tell F95 it's abandoned. He's been 100% up front about this situation.
F95 "rules" say: 3 months without communications from the dev ----> it gets the abandoned tag. 2 months since his last post, now.

Anyway, anyone with some common sense should consider this project as dead as a dead horse.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
F95 "rules" say: 3 months without communications from the dev ----> it gets the abandoned tag. 2 months since his last post, now.

Anyway, anyone with some common sense should consider this project as dead as a dead horse.
No. The rules say that a dev can place a game on hold, and the communication rule is set aside. Eventually the abandoned tag will get reviewed, but the 90 day rule is lifted.

I mean it makes sense. Suppose I have to have surgery and know I'm going to be down for 6-9 months. I tell F95 I'm having health issues and need to place the VN on hold and won't be in the position to communicate for several months. It's not going to be marked abandoned. The entire purpose of placing a game on hold is to avoid a time based abandoned tag.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I think you're missing his point.
The point is that he worked on The Visit for two and a half years without any major problems, smooth sailing, the story writes itself just gotta pump out these renders and we're good.
A couple months into working on Stars of Salvation and he's spent.
He clearly doesn't like working on it.

It's not unheard of, many developers hit a brick wall only a couple of updates in simply because they bit more than they could chew.
The guy has one game behind his belt, and it doesn't matter how good it was, still doesn't make him invulnerable.
He told us he wasn't feeling the enjoyment. He attributed that to the workload he'd carried for so long and how much it impacted his life and decided he needed to step back and renew himself. My issue is attributing his actions to an inability to write a non-incest story. I'm not missing his point which is Stiglet can't write a story not based on incest and has fled to a sandbox to avoid the fact his writing is stuck.

To paraphrase: Sitglet told us he wasn't getting the enjoyment anymore and that he needed a break. He didn't say "the story's not flowing and I need to rethink the tale I wish to tell". So let's set the whole can't write a non-incest story narrative aside.

As I've said elsewhere, I've written a lot of software in my career. Many tens of thousands of lines of code in many languages. So I know a bit about the challenges of coding. It is certainly possible that Stiglet may have underestimated the challenges of coding a sandbox or not. We have no insight into that. Not an inkling. All we know is that, for whatever reason, he needs time away to regroup.

Man says he needs time to step back and regroup that should be good enough for the rest of us.

4.70 star(s) 39 Votes