4.70 star(s) 39 Votes

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Unless you're his therapist you are in no position to comment on how he's dealing with burnout. Plus, given you've decided to laugh at his struggle, your attitude really puts you in the position of throwing turds at your betters.
As I said get a life.
Here you are again.

Everytime somebody somewhere in this Forum is showing that the King is naked, you feel the urge to deny the truth.

Just tell me: is it so hard for him making a post on Patreon telling "it's over, folks" or "still on hold, guys" once every month, at least?

Aug 11, 2020
Here you are again.

Everytime somebody somewhere in this Forum is showing that the King is naked, you feel the urge to deny the truth.

Just tell me: is it so hard for him making a post on Patreon telling "it's over, folks" or "still on hold, guys" once every month, at least?
Yes, that's going to do wonders to his burnout and project :rolleyes:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Here you are again.

The man is taking a break. He's made the reasons absolutely clear. He's stopped taking money. He needs to distance himself until he's ready to reengage. ON WHAT BASIS DOES HE OWE YOU, OR ME, OR ANYONE AN UPDATE?

It's not like he simply disappeared. He's explained the situation. The only person lacking clothes in this conversation is the person you see in the mirror when you brush your teeth.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Yeah for this and any game where a dev takes a break, if people think that the game isn't coming back....then why not just ignore it? Go about your life and move on, and if it does come back, its then a nice surprise. I don't see the need to complain about it in the thread when we all know what's going on.

Freesecs

Apr 26, 2019
This discussion is useless. Waiting is the only thing you both can do, everything else is beyong your control and all effort on this dispute will result in nothing more than conjectures.

We don't know if he is trully in a burnout or not, but we know his Patreon was paused. This is a good sign. So, we wait.

Last edited:

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
He'll abandon this game, I am calling it

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Strangely, I'd be OK with that, so long as Stiglet remains an active dev and moves on to a different project. I am not invested in this game in a way comparable to The Visit, likely because of a strong aversion to sandbox elements and ambivalence to the story. There are a number of VN's of late that have space adventure settings (Through Spacetime, Tales from the Unending Void, Callisto, Terminus Reach: Sentinel, Color of My Sound, etc.) and although I have no doubt that Stiglet would surpass these given his/her talents, I don't feel like this particular storyline will 'hook' me as much as the slice-of-life family taboo from his/her previous title.

But, either on this project or another, I do hope Stiglet makes a triumphant return soon!

Last edited:

Ehrmagerd

Aug 5, 2017
Regardless if/when he comes back Stiglet has always been a solid dude. Been supporting him on Patreon for ages and he's always been consistent with communication and pausing his Patreon every time he took some time off. I'd love for him to come back soon and keep going but he hasn't been charging anyone since he started his break, so he owes us nothing (other than a broken heart because of unseen big tiddy potential).

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Various games that had no updates for a year or longer suddenly came back earlier this year. No reason to give up on this one until Stiglet says so.
There are rules.
Besides, it is up to the creator to communicate to the community what the plan is. I see so many games, where the dev does not communicate anything and the rest has to guess.
So i am ok with the status. No guessing.
Other devs let the community know that they have personal issue or something else.

Reactions: Draverik

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
There are rules.
Besides, it is up to the creator to communicate to the community what the plan is. I see so many games, where the dev does not communicate anything and the rest has to guess.
So i am ok with the status. No guessing.
Other devs let the community know that they have personal issue or something else.
I suggest you actually read the thread or his publicly available Patreon post of Nov 14, 2021. He's communicated his situation quite clearly. So there actually is no guessing and hasn't been since slightly before the beginning of the year.

Last edited:

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I suggest you actually read the thread or his publicly available Patreon post of Nov 14, 2021. He's communicated his situation quite clearly. So there actually is no guessing and hasn't been since slightly before the beginning of the year.
Here is what i see.
In November he wrote that he is struggling with motivation.
There isn't an entry from this year as far as i can tell.
You can argue that there should be more time before a game is marked abandoned. He does, however, gets donation. I am not sure how everyone sees it. But if i would donate, i would surely at the very least have some life signs from the author. I do not have money to burn away. You can guess, i am not donating.
And yes, there is still guessing. Because you do not know what his problem really is and why he hasn't responded in about 5 month.
We are all humans, but i am really for communication. Because if you do not tell what is going on without going into much detail, its just bad. Especially if money flows.
I can see that the time to mark the game as abandoned is short. So ok. Should be probably longer. But someone felt he had to mark it that way. Probably for a reason.
This is just my opinion and reasoning.
My outlook for the game is rather dim.

Aug 11, 2020
Here is what i see.
In November he wrote that he is struggling with motivation.
There isn't an entry from this year as far as i can tell.
You can argue that there should be more time before a game is marked abandoned. He does, however, gets donation. I am not sure how everyone sees it. But if i would donate, i would surely at the very least have some life signs from the author. I do not have money to burn away. You can guess, i am not donating.
And yes, there is still guessing. Because you do not know what his problem really is and why he hasn't responded in about 5 month.
We are all humans, but i am really for communication. Because if you do not tell what is going on without going into much detail, its just bad. Especially if money flows.
I can see that the time to mark the game as abandoned is short. So ok. Should be probably longer. But someone felt he had to mark it that way. Probably for a reason.
This is just my opinion and reasoning.
My outlook for the game is rather dim.
6 posts on previous page saying he paused payments. I suggest you go buy some glasses. Or just leave and take the other "dim outlook" and "it ain't looking good!" shitposters with you.

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
I think the rules have changed - I saw a Game (Sins of the Father) go Abandoned even though the Dev posted one month ago - that he was feeling better and getting back into the game - it was still marked Abandoned.

4.70 star(s) 39 Votes