4.70 star(s) 39 Votes

Ulf Gustafson

Oct 7, 2018
It's been more than 4 months actually, because the last post is just a christmas message.

I'm no one to say if something happened to him but i dont think the time is indicative of nothing, he has always been clear about if he is working or not and even put his patreon on hold for times likes holidays when no one else does this, if the project is abandoned he would have said it, so we should still believe what he said the last time.

As other people said there is no specific time to recover from burn out so we can only wait and hope he comes back with the same spirit as before.
5 years for me, working 15 hours a week right now, maybe i work 20 hours a week in the end of this year, these things take time and if you hurry you fall back again fast, you have to be careful not to overdo stuff.

Tea1980

Feb 23, 2018
What happen with Stiglet ? Anybody know? or he just no passion to moveforward for this project.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
What happen with Stiglet ? Anybody know? or he just no passion to moveforward for this project.
Search back a bit for the whole story. TLDR: The man, after producing "The Visit" and then without rest dove into SoS before he actually completed his first game, hit burn out. He's been completely honest about this and, as far as I know (and I can't check) has stopped Patreon contributions. He's place the game on hold and hopes to continue its development. That the short story. A few more details are available on Patreon and in this thread back before the end of last year.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
This looks like a great game. Hopefully the MC is not really seen like in the beginning. So far, i like what i see.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
It doesn't matter how many times it was on hold, all you need to know is that he openly admits that he's starting to hate working on this game.
Maybe i'm biased because i actually do not like SoS, wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for the fact that he did The Visit. But the only way i can see for him to continue making games is to scrap this one and start over with something new.
It suck since he put so much work into it already, so that's probably the reason why he's so reluctant to come back. The game is stuck in a limbo.

Would be nice if he did some more one-offs in a similiar style The Visit started out as, and maybe expand on them in a same way depening on the user feedback. If it sticks so to speak.
And before somebody says "The Visit 2!!", please god no. As much as i loved the first one, i think most of us are already burned out from it.
I am just curious. What does he hate about his own game?
So far i liked it. Great graphics, space, one man and several women. Whats not to like? Best part for me is, i do not have to see myself at all (or just very very rarely).

bonerland

Dec 28, 2017
So far i liked it. Great graphics, space, one man and several women. Whats not to like? Best part for me is, i do not have to see myself at all (or just very very rarely).
Nothing, it’s just Stig getting burned out by how difficult the actual game making process is, as opposed to a visual novel.

Reactions: Fayrus

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Nothing, it’s just Stig getting burned out by how difficult the actual game making process is, as opposed to a visual novel.
Oh i can imagine. Its sound easy but just the graphics alone. So i can understand. Still, looks very well made. Glad to had the pleasure to play it.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
He never said he hated the game. Paraphrasing a bit, he said that he found himself hating the personal cost in time and emotion of working on the game and that he was burning out. So he's taking an unspecified amount of time off to recover. Hopefully he'll return and continue. No one, I suspect not even Stiglet, knows how long that will be. As I said we wait, hope, and wish him well.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Would be nice of Stig if he would make a statement about what's going on.
Yes, we the fans would appreciate knowing where his head is at but, the game is on hold because he needs time away. He specifically mentioned the pressures he felt to meet fan base expectations and justifying the support of his patrons. Engaging in conversations would pretty much negate the benefit of his taking time off.

So, while I understand and share your desire for information, it very well might come at the expense of him feeling able to return.

Reactions: Fayrus and Juidas

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
He never said he hated the game. Paraphrasing a bit, he said that he found himself hating the personal cost in time and emotion of working on the game and that he was burning out. So he's taking an unspecified amount of time off to recover. Hopefully he'll return and continue. No one, I suspect not even Stiglet, knows how long that will be. As I said we wait, hope, and wish him well.
Ah, that puts it in a different light.
Since i am not developing games but i can kind of understand the pressure.
To me it would be a kill. Graphics seem to be very tedious to make. Slide after slide and so on. Then dialogs to fit the slides, some coding. It kind of never ends. So yes, i think i understand. Though its sad that the story is on hold, but i found myself liking it. Most of the space themed games i have seen are not really what i enjoy. Except there was one game with a mom and a son. Some stories even are very silly. And i am not a fan of aliens at all. This game, however, was kind of nice.
When it happens, it will happen.

Reactions: UncleFredo

Fayrus

Jul 22, 2017
The jump of quality from The Visit to SoS is very noticeable. The amount of details, the veins in the boobs for example.. it's mind bugling and reflects how much the drawback of the hard work must've been. Stiglet is one of the few who really deserve to earn 5k a month minimum. Or at least that's my humble opinion.

I really hope he is well, I would love to give him a big hug. Take your time sir!

Gladiadius

Nov 2, 2020
Ah, that puts it in a different light.
Since i am not developing games but i can kind of understand the pressure.
To me it would be a kill. Graphics seem to be very tedious to make. Slide after slide and so on. Then dialogs to fit the slides, some coding. It kind of never ends. So yes, i think i understand. Though its sad that the story is on hold, but i found myself liking it. Most of the space themed games i have seen are not really what i enjoy. Except there was one game with a mom and a son. Some stories even are very silly. And i am not a fan of aliens at all. This game, however, was kind of nice.
When it happens, it will happen.
Yeah this really is something special, I don't think I've seen something quite as well crafted as this

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I don't think this is how you deal with burnout but also it's been 6 months with zero communication from him so i think that the whole burnout excuse is long overdue at this point.
Unless you're his therapist you are in no position to comment on how he's dealing with burnout. Plus, given you've decided to laugh at his struggle, your attitude really puts you in the position of throwing turds at your betters.
As I said get a life.

4.70 star(s) 39 Votes