Josephkink_2H

Aug 15, 2020
Is it possible to change the location of either the link to the Wiki on the Gallery pages or the pop-up text with the name of the scene? Right now they're on top of one another making it hard to read either. Great game by the way, I love Scify-Star Trek, Outer Limits, Star Wars, etc.

drmaddoc47

Creator of Starship Inanna
Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Is it possible to change the location of either the link to the Wiki on the Gallery pages or the pop-up text with the name of the scene? Right now they're on top of one another making it hard to read either. Great game by the way, I love Scify-Star Trek, Outer Limits, Star Wars, etc.
I'll look into moving the tooltip or the wiki link for the final release of Episode 9.

This looks great all around. How much of the game is finished?
Thank you. I am currently working on Episode 9 of 11 in the Season, and there are already threads and plans for next season.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Well, we did release the Alpha right before Christmas for Ensign+ Patrons, but there's still work to do.

Mostly it's 2020 being a pain in the ass (good riddance), but also Episode 8 is just plain massive (Episode 8 Aloshan without sex scenes is already longer than any previous episode with sex scenes, so there's just a LOT to do). Those two factors combined, really really slowed things.

As I said, an Alpha without sex scenes was sent out last week, so far response has been good to the plot (which was the main thing). Next alpha is going to be with the sex scenes and then we'll move on from there.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Hey drmaddoc47 been a while, how are you doing?

How is our protagonist the Commander (Acting Captain) and his crew doing since we last left them?

Has there been any updates to the character codex (the Wiki, Anvil, etc.)?

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Hey drmaddoc47 been a while, how are you doing?

How is our protagonist the Commander (Acting Captain) and his crew doing since we last left them?

Has there been any updates to the character codex (the Wiki, Anvil, etc.)?
Greetings,

Still working on the final alpha for Episode 9. Infants make computer work very difficult, especially when they hate the room said computer is in. I'm going as fast as I can but am relegated to doing sketches of scenes during the week when I'm home alone with Junior, and trying to catch up on the weekends in Daz which is finicky as always. (Sample I posted to my Patrons below, figure most of them will not get upset that I shared the conversation one).

2021_1_UPDATE_03_01.png

The crew is fine, though dealing with rough times of their own, regardless of the story chosen.

As for the codex and stuff, post E9 I plan on updating the world anvil and working on implementing a codex of some type in game with the basics for when Episode 10 comes out (unless I decide to do a mid-episode release with the codex).

Hope that helps.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Greetings,

Still working on the final alpha for Episode 9. Infants make computer work very difficult, especially when they hate the room said computer is in. I'm going as fast as I can but am relegated to doing sketches of scenes during the week when I'm home alone with Junior, and trying to catch up on the weekends in Daz which is finicky as always. (Sample I posted to my Patrons below, figure most of them will not get upset that I shared the conversation one).

View attachment 1038837

The crew is fine, though dealing with rough times of their own, regardless of the story chosen.

As for the codex and stuff, post E9 I plan on updating the world anvil and working on implementing a codex of some type in game with the basics for when Episode 10 comes out (unless I decide to do a mid-episode release with the codex).

Hope that helps.
Just happy to know that work is being done. With the world the way it is, and not being a patron, that's all I can ask. Take care and be safe..

Krabgee

Feb 5, 2019
Wait, did Rin's face change? She looks different than I remember. At least I'm assuming that's Rin, considering the R on the storyboard.
I don't think it did. Maybe they just polished the design (her eyes) a bit, or it's just her expression. But that's pretty much Rin, just a little far from the screen.
Remember, that is still a work in progress and likely to change after being released.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Wait, did Rin's face change? She looks different than I remember. At least I'm assuming that's Rin, considering the R on the storyboard.
Depends when you're talking about.. Episode 1/2? Yes. Episode 3 on? Not that much of a change, more refinement.

There was a big change in some character models from 3rd episode, as far as I can remember.
Very much so, 1 and 2 was all Genesis 2, Episode 3 was a mix of Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 figures, all figures now are done with Genesis 8 (which is Genesis 4, but the 8th generation of the line over all)... which does require some changes because some morphs and such either aren't available for the new generation, or don't look nearly as good as they did before (because there's more geometry to work with old morphs sometimes break things, especially in the face area). Each episode I do tinker a little as well (in fact everyone is getting a new skin system for Episode 10) When I eventually redo the season (especially earlier episodes) everything will be more consistent.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
Huh! I don't really know what all of that means, to be honest, but it sounds like her face might indeed be a little different in the newer 9+ content? I need to go look at some of the screens I took during my playthroughs to sanity check this because I swear her face looks different than I remember it even compared to the current chapter 8 content. Not that it matters much, it's just something that stood out to me after seeing those test renders. Looking forward to 9 whenever it drops :p

Krabgee

Feb 5, 2019
Feel that I need to say this: your game is great. I'm a huge sci-fi fan and I'm glad to have discovered it. I don't know if you're a fan, but I love stuff like Star Trek or Mass Effect. And I'm glad, because there aren't many "choice-based"/"choose your own adventure" science fiction games as you say, besides, mainly, Mass Effect. So when I found this and started seeing all those similarities and references to shows like Doctor Who or Star Trek I started getting hooked on the game regardless of its "adult" mechanics, and really liking the story and space opera part of it.

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Feel that I need to say this: your game is great. I'm a huge sci-fi fan and I'm glad to have discovered it. I don't know if you're a fan, but I love stuff like Star Trek or Mass Effect. And I'm glad, because there aren't many "choice-based"/"choose your own adventure" science fiction games as you say, besides, mainly, Mass Effect. So when I found this and started seeing all those similarities and references to shows like Doctor Who or Star Trek I started getting hooked on the game regardless of its "adult" mechanics, and really liking the story and space opera part of it.
Mass Effect, Star Trek, and Stargate, all influenced this greatly, and I am a fan of all of them to varying degrees. Thank you for the kind words, plenty more of the space opera to come.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
march 1st still nothing here T_T i don't want to be the whiner but my god, I've been checking this randomly for months hoping for something "soon" each time

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
Programming in of the sex scenes has started. This is generally the last major thing for an episode. First they are written, then art is done, then programming/rewriting as needed. This time there's also the sketch phase before doing artwork because many week days I just was lucky to get even a half hour in Daz to work. After programming the sex scenes I then move on to the stuff like the scene replay menu which is just a few days or so of work. Still got some work to do on artwork but we're approaching the end of the episode development. No date yet but we're getting there.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
Programming in of the sex scenes has started. This is generally the last major thing for an episode. First they are written, then art is done, then programming/rewriting as needed. This time there's also the sketch phase before doing artwork because many week days I just was lucky to get even a half hour in Daz to work. After programming the sex scenes I then move on to the stuff like the scene replay menu which is just a few days or so of work. Still got some work to do on artwork but we're approaching the end of the episode development. No date yet but we're getting there.
arnt you a few months off from what you said before not that im complaining but months between updates will easily make you forgotten

drmaddoc47

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2018
arnt you a few months off from what you said before not that im complaining but months between updates will easily make you forgotten
I honestly and truly thought having a kid would not be as time consuming and energy depleting as it is, first time parent naivety. As the stay-at-home, there's only so much I can do, especially during a pandemic where my options for support and help are very limited. Next season I'm looking at possibly doing what we did for Episode 1 way back and going back to an 'act' system so it would be half episode releases.

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes