Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
I am not sure if something is fucked with my computer or if something else is going on, but every time I try to play the game or save, I get this
View attachment 2907674 View attachment 2907673 View attachment 2907672
I am not a tech guy at all, so if anyone has a clue what this means please let me know.
Can't tell you how to clean it up - but HTML games and websites use LocalStorage and an IndexDB to store SaveGames and other things. Google how to get to and clean up your LocalStorage for your type of browser. It is probably full.
Your local drive may be getting full also, give that a look. Hope that helps!

Reactions: mikedncn

mikedncn

Aug 20, 2021
Can't tell you how to clean it up - but HTML games and websites use LocalStorage and an IndexDB to store SaveGames and other things. Google how to get to and clean up your LocalStorage for your type of browser. It is probably full.
Your local drive may be getting full also, give that a look. Hope that helps!
I understood about half those words lol
I thank you for your comment. I will try using Google to see if I can figure it out.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
I understood about half those words lol
I thank you for your comment. I will try using Google to see if I can figure it out.
Just think of it like a folder your browser uses to store stuff it you may want to get to later. Could have files/saved games/etc from games played long ago and never removed. I have heard they can get full and prevent games from Saving or running. Hope you get it figured out! :>)

• Red Heart
Reactions: mikedncn

mikedncn

Aug 20, 2021
Just think of it like a folder your browser uses to store stuff it you may want to get to later. Could have files/saved games/etc from games played long ago and never removed. I have heard they can get full and prevent games from Saving or running. Hope you get it figured out! :>)
I really appreciate the help. The solution I found on the Google machine helped a little bit, but I'm still lost. I'm just going to have to call a friend who knows computers better than me lol.
This is the result from Google in case anyone else runs into something like this and is ALSO an almost boomer.

Screenshot 2023-09-06 015918.png

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
I really appreciate the help. The solution I found on the Google machine helped a little bit, but I'm still lost. I'm just going to have to call a friend who knows computers better than me lol.
This is the result from Google in case anyone else runs into something like this and is ALSO an almost boomer.

View attachment 2907967
This error usually happen when you have too many saves of sugarcube based games in your local storage. Because you're using a downloaded version, all these games share the same localstorage location (file system), which lead to this.

In the case of this game, we have an online version available on the itch.io page. If you have the ability to use the online play feature, I would recommend to do that as it will not cause the local stoage to be shared with other games: > Click on 'Run game'

mikedncn

Aug 20, 2021
This error usually happen when you have too many saves of sugarcube based games in your local storage. Because you're using a downloaded version, all these games share the same localstorage location (file system), which lead to this.

In the case of this game, we have an online version available on the itch.io page. If you have the ability to use the online play feature, I would recommend to do that as it will not cause the local stoage to be shared with other games: > Click on 'Run game'
Thank you for your response! Luckily I was able to do a type of workaround in order to play the game yesterday for a bit. Fun game so far btw :) The "workaround" I had to do was, whenever that error message would pop up, if I just select "ok" I can continue the next page (but I would have to literally see that error message every time I try to advance to the next page, which was annoying but it is what it is). I also had some luck for a bit on another Sugarcube game by saving to "local disk". That worked for some of the save issues I had.

I swear to baby jesus I feel like a goddam caveman trying to build a Tesla when I mess around with the browser console stuff. I have (most likely irrational) fear I will delete something majorly important and my laptop will just stop working altogether lol
Because that's just the kind of luck I have with electronics and technology

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Hey everyone, new update is out!

Eva has received the initial work for her story and relationship expansion coming with the next patch. What's available in this patch with her serves as a teaser to that update but also as a way to get your affinity points with her up to speed in the event you made poor choices during orientation week.

You can also now do stuff with the cafe maid and the big tiddy goth clerk. The lab job also received an expansion and you can now work as an assistant to some ominous doctor with a high esteem of herself, so who knows where that will lead (totally not to a lab disaster). There's also some weird stuff going on at the nightclub with a mysterious benefactor.

Unfortunately the writer fell sick half-way through development, so I chose to call it a day, let him rest, and release the polished content so you guys can see where the game is going. The next patch will continue the expansion started in this one.

I hope you'll have fun with it!

Sofia86

Sep 8, 2021
Thank you for your response! Luckily I was able to do a type of workaround in order to play the game yesterday for a bit. Fun game so far btw :) The "workaround" I had to do was, whenever that error message would pop up, if I just select "ok" I can continue the next page (but I would have to literally see that error message every time I try to advance to the next page, which was annoying but it is what it is). I also had some luck for a bit on another Sugarcube game by saving to "local disk". That worked for some of the save issues I had.

I swear to baby jesus I feel like a goddam caveman trying to build a Tesla when I mess around with the browser console stuff. I have (most likely irrational) fear I will delete something majorly important and my laptop will just stop working altogether lol
Because that's just the kind of luck I have with electronics and technology
I had this same problem the other day and managed to fix it by deleting the local document cookies from the browser, or something like that. It was easier than I thought beforehand, haha.

Huurn

Apr 7, 2023
Nice game so far, Dev! If I would suggest anything then it would be nice to have the portraits of the characters show up next to the text when they are talking. That would make it much easier to remember who is who. Also it would be easier to not miss when someone is talking.

Reactions: erosthe69knight

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
The animations for the lab work minigame are slow to the point that I wouldn't do that more than once. Hoping nothing interesting will be gated behind it

Last edited:

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
The animations for the lab work minigame are slow to the point that I wouldn't do that more than once. Hoping nothing interesting will be gated behind it
This has been brought up a few times on discord already and I'm looking into making the animations faster and adding an instant option. This is the first attempt at a minigame so it is good there is already some feedback on it!

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Hey there, new update is out!

This one moves the main plot forward, adds dates with some of the main characters, expands the story with the AI character and allows you to have some fun times at the nightclub's bar.

The game is now in a pretty decent place and there's enough things going on to keep a new player entertained for a while, so we're finally going to be able to implement in the next patch some of the content that was cooking in the oven. Did someone say... catgirls?

Hope you all have fun with the new version!

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Hey there, new update is out!

This one moves the main plot forward, adds dates with some of the main characters, expands the story with the AI character and allows you to have some fun times at the nightclub's bar.

The game is now in a pretty decent place and there's enough things going on to keep a new player entertained for a while, so we're finally going to be able to implement in the next patch some of the content that was cooking in the oven. Did someone say... catgirls?

Hope you all have fun with the new version!
Thanks for the update! I have a question/concern though: The game mostly offers a story, some sandbox and, of course, lewd scenes. I would go so far as to say that currently the lewd scenes are even the main event (and I like them, don't get me wrong!) yet when deciding to go for Julianna's route it sounds as if that completely locks the player out of any other lewd content & as much as I like her and a romantic, dedicated route I still feel as if the majority of the game's current content would be gone by that choice, which has to be made super early into the game, on top of that. o_O
Maybe I am misunderstanding something?

Sorreah

Feb 15, 2023
Hey everyone, new update is out!

Eva has received the initial work for her story and relationship expansion coming with the next patch. What's available in this patch with her serves as a teaser to that update but also as a way to get your affinity points with her up to speed in the event you made poor choices during orientation week.

You can also now do stuff with the cafe maid and the big tiddy goth clerk. The lab job also received an expansion and you can now work as an assistant to some ominous doctor with a high esteem of herself, so who knows where that will lead (totally not to a lab disaster). There's also some weird stuff going on at the nightclub with a mysterious benefactor.

Unfortunately the writer fell sick half-way through development, so I chose to call it a day, let him rest, and release the polished content so you guys can see where the game is going. The next patch will continue the expansion started in this one.

I hope you'll have fun with it!
Hope the writer gets well soon o/ is there new femdom content? Last I played, it was mostly limited to Curie I think

Reactions: J1215 and Orphanus

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Thanks for the update! I have a question/concern though: The game mostly offers a story, some sandbox and, of course, lewd scenes. I would go so far as to say that currently the lewd scenes are even the main event (and I like them, don't get me wrong!) yet when deciding to go for Julianna's route it sounds as if that completely locks the player out of any other lewd content & as much as I like her and a romantic, dedicated route I still feel as if the majority of the game's current content would be gone by that choice, which has to be made super early into the game, on top of that. o_O
Maybe I am misunderstanding something?
Hey there,

This is actually a very interesting question!

Julianna is a pretty special case. As you point out, during the first date with her in orientation week, there is a possibility to commit to a relationship with her right away, but you can also choose to wait. The date with her we added in this patch is a reward for the players that chose that early commitment and there is actually a very good reason for it, which you learn during this second date.

More broadly speaking, relationships are divided in two categories: commited and open relationships. At the moment the only characters that want exclusivity are Julianna and Jaime. Everyone else is considered as open relationships and won't care (yet) if you bang someone else.

Another key thing here is all that matters is not getting caught if you decide to deviate from your commitment. We didn't yet implement consequences for cheating, but we don't plan to make getting caught an instant relationship killer and rather offer options if you do get caught.

It will be a long time before any sort of consequences are implemented into the game, and there is always the possibility we'll change how things work in regards to commited relationships based on player feedback, so honestly just go wild for now :)

Choosing the Julianna early relationship commitment currently does not lock anything in the game aside of the Jaime relationship.

Reactions: tplife and Orphanus

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Hey there,

This is actually a very interesting question!

Julianna is a pretty special case. As you point out, during the first date with her in orientation week, there is a possibility to commit to a relationship with her right away, but you can also choose to wait. The date with her we added in this patch is a reward for the players that chose that early commitment and there is actually a very good reason for it, which you learn during this second date.

More broadly speaking, relationships are divided in two categories: commited and open relationships. At the moment the only characters that want exclusivity are Julianna and Jaime. Everyone else is considered as open relationships and won't care (yet) if you bang someone else.

Another key thing here is all that matters is not getting caught if you decide to deviate from your commitment. We didn't yet implement consequences for cheating, but we don't plan to make getting caught an instant relationship killer and rather offer options if you do get caught.

It will be a long time before any sort of consequences are implemented into the game, and there is always the possibility we'll change how things work in regards to commited relationships based on player feedback, so honestly just go wild for now :)

Choosing the Julianna early relationship commitment currently does not lock anything in the game aside of the Jaime relationship.
Thanks a lot for this reply, not only does it make me feel as if, in the future, it might totally be worth going with the commitment

- since my worry was simply based on missing out on a lot of things to do without there being much content for Julianna specifically...which apparently was a false assumption and I admit it was based on me feeling as if it would be unreasonable to expect it, given this game has sooo many different NPCs to interact with and so far every single one I thought was interesting turned out to get content, in some cases (best AI <3) a lot more than I imagined :giggle: -

but it also explains why you made the initial decision to even offer that choice with her. Before reading this I would have 100% suggested maybe changing things a bit with how quickly that choice comes up, but now I am not so sure anymore at all.

And knowing that currently there are no negative consequences, let alone the game literally disabling the option to explore other character's content as well without starting all over every single time means I won't worry about it in the back of my head anymore & only have to start all over again once the game has progressed significantly further, at which point it becomes a lot more interesting since it means there might be more branches due to actual choices in the story itself. Great! :D

Reactions: Miosha

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
Not gonna lie, I did kinda suspect it would be that (in regards to Julianna) but that does not mean I'm not very onboard with it. I'd say it explains & also justifies her wishing to pursue an exclusive relationship, if any, and since it would seem as if the relationship might have a drastic impact on the events or at least probably lead to an awesome variant of whatever ending(s) there'll be doing a playthrough with actually following through on that promise entirely would definitely be worth for roleplay aspects alone. (y)
Not sure if I've seen all the new content yet, but I feel like I saw most, I had skipped the previous update, so it felt like there was a lot of things to discover, game's shaping up very, very well!

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes