VN Ren'Py Abandoned State of Mind [Ep. 3] [Korentin]

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Korentin

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
Some of the scenes give the feeling you're actually tripping or in a dream. Very beautiful visuals but strange transitions from scene to scene.
Why does MC discard his clothes just because they got wet?
Transitions between scenes/locations are very tricky to do without the workload of producing renders exploding massively (not to mention the scene building needed to be done).

Depending on what "scene" transition you're thinking of, the "strangeness" could be very deliberate though. What constitutes a scene or not can probably differ as well.

Why do you think he discarded his clothes? :)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Thanks for the feedback!

I know I can certainly improve in many areas. I thought that scene was light enough but it's hard to account for the many different screens and light settings people use. But to be certain, you are saying you couldn't see the two guys he hit or you couldn't see if they were alive or dead after they hit the ground?

About the "BJ", yeah very strange how it ended isn't it?
I am talking about the hostel beating, not the end fight.

The hostel just focuses on MCs face going a bit back and forth, but yet there was talking, and the like. I assume there was a beating or choking or something happening.

Last edited:

Korentin

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
I am talking about the hostel beating, not the end fight.

The hostel just focuses on MCs face going a bit back and forth, but yet there was talking, and the like. I assume there was a beating or choking or something happening.
Of course. Yes, that scene could have been staged very differently although I'm quite satisfied with how I ended up "shipping" it. Depending on your choices the courier tells Eir or Fandango that Waingro is gone. What he means by that remains to be seen I guess. Maybe he lied and stuffed his corpse under the bed?* :)

*He didn't.

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Transitions between scenes/locations are very tricky to do without the workload of producing renders exploding massively (not to mention the scene building needed to be done).

Depending on what "scene" transition you're thinking of, the "strangeness" could be very deliberate though. What constitutes a scene or not can probably differ as well.

Why do you think he discarded his clothes? :)
Because he ends up without them?

Korentin

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
Because he ends up without them?
Sure, if that's your interpretation that's good enough :) Since I won't provide you with inner dialogue and I try to avoid having the courier and others voice justification for many actions it is after all up to you the reader to supply meaning and motivation.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
He lives on a boat, on an island, throws away clothing that gets wet. Hopefully he has a decent goodwill or credit card to keep his wardrobe up.

What I meant on the BJ is that the MC says she was about to tell him where to go when she collapsed, but that would have only happened post the ejaculation, so the jump from lick to black screen to cuddle, and then the MC kind of lied, it feels a bit jumpy. Mainly because the black screen.

He might have turned the dude into a guardian frog fairy for all we know. The scene just seems more like a part from a horror movie where the killer is chopping up a body and talking to themselves, hell I question if Wenigo even was alive after that kick and the courier wasn't just using necromancy to get the info while dissecting the corpse in gruesome ways.

Korentin

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
He lives on a boat, on an island, throws away clothing that gets wet. Hopefully he has a decent goodwill or credit card to keep his wardrobe up.

What I meant on the BJ is that the MC says she was about to tell him where to go when she collapsed, but that would have only happened post the ejaculation, so the jump from lick to black screen to cuddle, and then the MC kind of lied, it feels a bit jumpy. Mainly because the black screen.

He might have turned the dude into a guardian frog fairy for all we know. The scene just seems more like a part from a horror movie where the killer is chopping up a body and talking to themselves, hell I question if Wenigo even was alive after that kick and the courier wasn't just using necromancy to get the info while dissecting the corpse in gruesome ways.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
I have to say the sex in this game seems pointless. What I mean is that you are told several different ways as the reader that is all about the journey and not the destination. So there are a lot of stunning women in the game but that is all pointless because you wont end-up with any of them given your role on the island. This leads me to want to skip all sex scenes because, why bother if you are just here for the "journey"?

Korentin

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
I have to say the sex in this game seems pointless. What I mean is that you are told several different ways as the reader that is all about the journey and not the destination. So there are a lot of stunning women in the game but that is all pointless because you wont end-up with any of them given your role on the island. This leads me to want to skip all sex scenes because, why bother if you are just here for the "journey"?
Seems to me like you are confusing the destination for the journey :)

Or.. wait... I'm confused :unsure:

Either way, I'd say you shouldn't draw foregone conclusions.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I did notice, but I am used to the VNs around here not able to keep consistency, even having full different characters not in scene talk, so I figured it was just a mistake, like how I was figuring the blur might have just been a rendering mistake.

I have tried to take all paths so far and see all images. I think I have succeeded on the second, unsure on the first. Story from what I guess will be a mystery for quite a bit longer since we don't have access to internal monologue, or full vision of a scene. It'll be an interesting ride.

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
Seems to me like you are confusing the destination from the journey :)

Or.. wait... I'm confused :unsure:

Either way, I'd say you shouldn't draw foregone conclusions.
I am not a fan of forced sex(I'm talking about the scene with the spirit in this case) or the fact the MC doesn't seem to have any control over his own fate so I am being very biased in my POV. I will still play and support this game until something happens that I really can not tolerate. I love the premise of the story a lot and like I said the women are absolutely stunning so as long as something that I hate or can't tolerate happens I will wait and see.

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
I like the game so far but I do have a small question.. is there a reason why we are going around naked most the time? not very discreet walking around the island naked...

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
I like the game so far but I do have a small question.. is there a reason why we are going around naked most the time? not very discreet walking around the island naked...
What you don't take a late night stroll around town to air out your "junk"? Joking aside, everyone seems to know he is a courier already just by seeing/meeting him.

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
What you don't take a late night stroll around town to air out your "junk"? Joking aside, everyone seems to know he is a courier already just by seeing/meeting him.
feeling his power and seeing its him is 2 different thigs... I assume many couriers have a similar aura to them, but some missions might need to be done from the shadows.. and walking the streets naked just draws attention :rolleyes:

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Now that's an intriguing story. Pretty mature...or sophisticated...
or thought out...or writer like, for the lack of proper wording on my part.

Lots of whys and hows and a bit darker. Lots of mystery.
Not everything is shown or explained, no inner monologues.

And the presentation of it is great too. The 3d art, or renders or pictures and models,
whatever it is called, are great too. No noise, or grain. And the models aren't the same overused ones.

It's the whole package. (y)

Might not for everyone though. Or might not apeal to a mass audience. But its well made.
And you Korentin and your story deserve attention and acknowledgment.

Keep it up mate.

Korentin

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
I am not a fan of forced sex(I'm talking about the scene with the spirit in this case) or the fact the MC doesn't seem to have any control over his own fate so I am being very biased in my POV. I will still play and support this game until something happens that I really can not tolerate. I love the premise of the story a lot and like I said the women are absolutely stunning so as long as something that I hate or can't tolerate happens I will wait and see.
I'm not a fan of forced sex either and intend to stay away from it.

I'm curious why you say there is any with the spirit in this case though? She won't touch you unless you agree to it.

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes