t727

Jan 4, 2018
any cheats for money?
Just writing "edit the save game" maybe not the most instructive answer if you don't know where to edit.
The line in the save game which starts with Stats

Stats|<money>|<other things, don't bother with them>

In this thread somewhere is a deeper analysis of the save game file and that row in particular.

extremely buggy.. rules assistant doesnt work, problem with map , any fixes or patches?
Unfortunately the whole game is buggy, near to be unplayable at times.
There's no fixes available yet as this .22 is quite new.
The Rules Assistant which I believe is the most crucial part of this game doesn't work properly either. I made an attempt to do a save editor which would work as a replacement, but I dunno if it works with this version. (things may have changed in the save game structure)

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Money is the easiest to edit since it tends to be the most distinct number. Just make a note of how much you have when you saved, open the save in a text editor, hit CTRL+F and type in that number, and voila. In fact, that method is your best friend when it comes to save editing in general and can save you a lot of time scanning up and down data blocks for a specific variable to edit. Regular notepad works, but Notepad++ is highly recommended since it allows you to revert changes even after you've saved them to the file, so if you mess something up, you can undo the last changes that caused a problem rather than starting all over with a new save.

Reactions: madarapotato

wolf373

May 30, 2018
excuse me, b but the Mega Link is broken, it's asking me for a decrypt key... is it my mega account crypt key is needed or it's just a error?

Klausus

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2019
extremely buggy.. rules assistant doesnt work, problem with map , any fixes or patches?
This game has great potential, but it has too many bugs. Most games i've seen that had bugs that weren't fixed in the beginning were abondened sooner or later. The more complex a game gets, the harder to fix those bugs (and new eventual new ones).

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Hey all,
I posted a new version yesterday that dealt with several bugs, including the issue that locked up the notification engine and a relatively major arena bug. It also adds stuff like a new room and a tech tree, which I think is pretty cool.

Interestingly, the issue with the locked up dialog engine was basically that the game was attempting to attach morphs to both the male and female bodies. Male bodies don't have all of the same parameters though (particularly around breasts and certain facial expressions), and the code that was resetting everything didn't have the correct handling to deal with it. This caused the entire dialog engine to crash until the game was restarted.

As for the pit, I don't quite remember what I fixed there, but it seems a bit more stable now. I need to test more to make sure that it's all working again, but it was a similar issue left over from the gender overhaul. That patch broke a lot of systems in some pretty subtle ways, and we're still seeing the ripple effects. Fortunately, it finally seems to be calming down.

Speaking of which, the rules assistant is still borked in 0.22 alpha, but that's my highest priority for the final release of 0.22 in a few weeks, so it should be sorted by then.

In the meantime, here's a peek at one of the other new features that will be in 0.22. At high zoom levels, NPC's are now displayed as little icons. This not only makes them easier to distinguish (slaves are purple, tourists are teal, etc), but gives a huge performance boost at high zoom levels. So much so that I've increased the maximum zoom level by quite a lot.

Jun 13, 2018
I'm using version 0.22 right now. The arena so far works great and I'm so happy about that, however I've come across a problem that caught me off guard. That problem being I can't buy workers, fuck dolls or bioreactors. I have money enough for them as well as places for them to do but I can't even buy one. Just wanted to point this out to see if maybe someone else noticed this happening in their game.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
I want an option to permanently turn on icon view regardless of zoom level.
Yeah, I had thought of making that same suggestion. I'm curious to see how much this icon mode will help in frame rate. It's much better the last I saw it once the new pathing system went in, but still slows noticeably so once enough people are on screen...which still doesn't take much at all in my case. I don't have a NASA super computer for sure, but having an i7, 16 Gigs RAM, and a 1060 shouldn't struggle like it does either. It still possible to drop steadily below 30fps on average, albeit overall performance is about as good as I've ever seen it so far. Now I fully understand that a game like this, no matter who the dev is, should never be expected to run as well or smoothly as a triple A title, so I'm hopeful things like an icon mode will serve as a compromise. If it works out well enough the way SM Dev intends to implement, then setting it up to be toggled at will would be my next guess.

VelvetUnderground

Oct 7, 2017
I'm using version 0.22 right now. The arena so far works great and I'm so happy about that, however I've come across a problem that caught me off guard. That problem being I can't buy workers, fuck dolls or bioreactors. I have money enough for them as well as places for them to do but I can't even buy one. Just wanted to point this out to see if maybe someone else noticed this happening in their game.
I'm running a test game of the same version as you (0.22). I've been able to buy/sell workers, fuck dolls and bioreactors, albeit with increasing difficulty (see next paragraph). I'm not clear from your question so I have to ask a troubleshooting question, - - do you know where to click to make this happen? The answer is the Slave Market Icon at top left of screen (shopping basket). You can buy/sell x1 or x100 at the top of Slave Market screen.

>Possibly< related to your problem is the game mechanics issue I'm encountering with the game management icons (top left of screen) in general. The icons become hesitant/"stuck" and or buffer the longer I play the game. Not quite a show-stopper but does gets very annoying to this micro-managing benevolent dictator. I'm hoping this issue falls under the Dialog Engine mega problem and gets solved in a/the bug zapping release.

Jun 13, 2018
I'm running a test game of the same version as you (0.22). I've been able to buy/sell workers, fuck dolls and bioreactors, albeit with increasing difficulty (see next paragraph). I'm not clear from your question so I have to ask a troubleshooting question, - - do you know where to click to make this happen? The answer is the Slave Market Icon at top left of screen (shopping basket). You can buy/sell x1 or x100 at the top of Slave Market screen.

>Possibly< related to your problem is the game mechanics issue I'm encountering with the game management icons (top left of screen) in general. The icons become hesitant/"stuck" and or buffer the longer I play the game. Not quite a show-stopper but does gets very annoying to this micro-managing benevolent dictator. I'm hoping this issue falls under the Dialog Engine mega problem and gets solved in a/the bug zapping release.
Yeah I know to go to the tab where the options of shops to buy slaves are and then go to the top of that list to find the likes of workers, fuck dolls, and bioreactors. I've hit the buy X1 and the buy X100 while having more then enough money to do afford them, but I don't see the number of them I have change from zero to the number I bought nor do I see them in their place on the station.

I had only been playing the game for about half an hour at this point at maximum so I'm not sure if it could be how long I was playing for. But it's hard to say for sure.

A new problem popped up. I went to the slave shop where the slaves have been experimented on and I ended up with a screen that was just a slave in space and nothing I could click, so I had to close the game. I just started the game up again and tried doing the same thing and thankfully didn't get the same result. However still can't buy workers, fuck dolls, or bioreactors even those I just stared the game up again and that's the first thing I tried. So I don't think my problem is how long I've been playing for.

VelvetUnderground

Oct 7, 2017
Yeah I know to go to the tab where the options of shops to buy slaves are and then go to the top of that list to find the likes of workers, fuck dolls, and bioreactors. I've hit the buy X1 and the buy X100 while having more then enough money to do afford them, but I don't see the number of them I have change from zero to the number I bought nor do I see them in their place on the station.

I had only been playing the game for about half an hour at this point at maximum so I'm not sure if it could be how long I was playing for. But it's hard to say for sure.

A new problem popped up. I went to the slave shop where the slaves have been experimented on and I ended up with a screen that was just a slave in space and nothing I could click, so I had to close the game. I just started the game up again and tried doing the same thing and thankfully didn't get the same result. However still can't buy workers, fuck dolls, or bioreactors even those I just stared the game up again and that's the first thing I tried. So I don't think my problem is how long I've been playing for.
What a mess. I figured you knew the tabs but I took a chance in hopes of getting a question closed out. This is such a fantastic game but I'm afraid it's on the verge of freezing on startup from too much detail and not enough infrastructure. I'm not having the problems you are, running the same version, yet we can't seem to replicate our glitches...Consistently. <Facepalm>

It's as if we have all this furniture, art and Dresden china...in a boat...with a hull that's become water soluble. I understand the Developer's (and much respect and good wishes to that person) need to keep the paying customers happy with new stuff but they must be flailing with game problems just like the hoi polloi on f95zone and elsewebs. At some point, the Patreons will undoubtedly get frustrated and unsub. I can't help but think that the piling on of problems on top of more problems isin't already scaring away potential subscribers.

If this were my village to destroy in order to save, I would go back to a fairly recent stable baseline (version 0.19 had a few problems but would serve as a good re-starting point) and get that earlier version squared away. The fur and the penises and the Dresden china would have to wait on a solid game platform. I'd wager there are a lot of playtesters who would volunteer to do beta testing and document problems, if asked.

JMHO - Prosit!

Reactions: darkoraclegirl

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
What a mess. I figured you knew the tabs but I took a chance in hopes of getting a question closed out. This is such a fantastic game but I'm afraid it's on the verge of freezing on startup from too much detail and not enough infrastructure. I'm not having the problems you are, running the same version, yet we can't seem to replicate our glitches...Consistently. <Facepalm>
[...]

JMHO - Prosit!

First off, I want to say that I understand your frustration all too well. Watching things break horribly in a project you care about sucks.

The truth though is that the vast majority of the serious bugs I've seen since the gender overhaul were because of the gender overhaul. It's hard to overstate just how disruptive that was to the game's core systems, and it broke a LOT of stuff (I had been dreading it pretty vocally since the game's original release for a reason).

The bad news for the "burn the village to save the village' plan is that I'm not comfortable reverting the game to be for only heterosexual men at this point, regardless of bugginess, and this particular clusterfuck was an inevitable consequence of the hundreds of changes that came with the change.

Fortunately, there is an upside. I'm pretty consistently chipping away at the gender-related bullshit, and there should be a finite number of issues with it. I'm pretty confident that it's all uphill from here, and the version I posted over the weekend is by far the most stable since the explosion.

That's basically a long way of saying I hear you and understand, but this had to happen at some point, and my outlook is still pretty optimistic.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
I am confused. Is 0.22a the last version or there are some other updates?
Latest version is released to Patreon patrons sooner than the rest of the public. 0.23a is technically already released as of a few days ago, but not to non-patrons yet.

Reactions: pdpdpd

DADDDAAA

Jan 6, 2018
Found a problem with diplomatic sex. If you try it any further interactions with any of the leaders will be locked.
You try to talk to them and you see the nude gal you tried to have your way with.

No other option is possible...
apart from plundering their planets and slaughtering their inhabitants :whistle:
but, in all honesty, who'll do something so distasteful when there are other options available? ;)

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes