LOchar

Feb 25, 2021
I am glad to hear of a sequel.

I would love to see a better rules assistant. Currently I have 10 rules just for clothes alone. Would like to see stacked commands. Like for training slaves. If INT below 100 , school, if 100 and other skills <100 then ship to diff area for training.

Custom clothing was a pain, had to view in slave viewer to get name and then with ruleset find name, wasnt even alphabetical or easy way to sort.

Female MC wasnt fun is tried Lesbian playthru, because limited positions. In future strapons should be a thing. Not to mention artificial insemination if wanted to breed slaves.

Grooming. I like this feature in Patronus and also Cost of survival. Bedraggled vs Clean look has a nice touch to it, and always cool the before after affects.

Enchanced viewer speadsheet. Current 1 doesnt even have option to support quickness but also a small note section.

Better notification options - being able to tell game to pause or alert me better when certain things happen. Right now I sometimes miss someone has completed training when a spam comes thru and didnt notice. I cant remember if their are any logs for this game.

Ways to fix any mental conditions, whether researched or purchaseable. I don't like MB slaves.

Better guide or tooltips! I dont mind figuring things out but would have been helpful to find out some things before hrs into game and finding a tip that just made life easier.

I am happy for the announcement and cant wait to try it. SM was one of the best type of brothel game I played to date, at least for me.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Feels weird that i'm kidnapping people in violent raids and then taking them to my spa to be brainwashed.

The spa's pools and exercise mats should have a niche use to lower fear, but the actual obedience raising should be done by brainwashing machines in some sort of 'processing' room.

Make a new room-type focused on brainwashing/torturing slaves to build loyalty.
We already have several torture machines under the evil decoration tag that give +1 or +2 fear and loyalty. Use those instead as options in this room, plus some sort of brainwashing tube or helmet (reuse the assets from the school-desk prop, or the growth chamber)
Maybe add some researchable items for the room that train much faster but risk driving the slave insane or mindbreaking them...

Granted, I can already assign people to 'decoration' to use the torture props that already exist, but there's no way to direct them to the correct props and not the other decoration-props.
If all of the obedience-gaining ones were under one room, i could just assign them to that room.

Edit: also, what trains Charisma? I searched the thread people were saying receptionist, but that's untrue.
I've had one girl work on reception for multiple irl hours and her charisma stat is still 34.

I have people assigned to every role, I think, and the only characters I have with 100 cha are the famous actresses from the event where she murders someone, so I'm not convinced that there even is a way to train this stat.

Last edited:

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Feels weird that i'm kidnapping people in violent raids and then taking them to my spa to be brainwashed.

The spa's pools and exercise mats should have a niche use to lower fear, but the actual obedience raising should be done by brainwashing machines in some sort of 'processing' room.

We already have several torture machines under the evil decoration tag that give +1 or +2 fear and loyalty. Use those instead as options in this room, plus some sort of brainwashing tube or helmet (reuse the assets from the school-desk prop, or the growth chamber)
Maybe add some researchable items for the room that train much faster but risk driving the slave insane or mindbreaking them...

Granted, I can already assign people to 'decoration' to use the torture props that already exist, but there's no way to direct them to the correct props and not the other decoration-props.
If all of the obedience-gaining ones were under one room, i could just assign them to that room.

Edit: also, what trains Charisma? I searched the thread people were saying receptionist, but that's untrue.
I've had one girl work on reception for multiple irl hours and her charisma stat is still 34.

I have people assigned to every role, I think, and the only characters I have with 100 cha are the famous actresses from the event where she murders someone, so I'm not convinced that there even is a way to train this stat.
reception desk trains charisma

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019

It was reception desk for me too. No problem with it for me.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
reception desk trains charisma
No it doesn't.

It was reception desk for me too. No problem with it for me.
Seriously? It's doing fuck-all for me.
I'll have to build a bunch of them and assign a group of ten slaves to them. See if there's any change.

That aside, i keep finding myself losing big chunks of money. I'll watch my counter tick upwards as all of my businesses and planets give me funding, then it'll drop down by like 100k, without me buying anything.

Is there an upkeep cost to conquered planets or something? I would have assumed that the taxes would negate that, but...
The finance manager menu doesn't show a lot. It looks like it's cut off.

t727

Jan 4, 2018
No it doesn't.

Seriously? It's doing fuck-all for me.
I'll have to build a bunch of them and assign a group of ten slaves to them. See if there's any change.
But it does. It take time though as this isn't affected by the boosts from head girl or any other.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That aside, i keep finding myself losing big chunks of money. I'll watch my counter tick upwards as all of my businesses and planets give me funding, then it'll drop down by like 100k, without me buying anything.

Is there an upkeep cost to conquered planets or something? I would have assumed that the taxes would negate that, but...
The finance manager menu doesn't show a lot. It looks like it's cut off.
I never noticed this. I shouldn't say it's because of anything else than a bug (oversight in the code)

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Im guessing the wiki is not finished and wont be so I will ask here. what are the procs for the different factions to attack you? ive only ever had raza attack for being to rich. im not much to antagonize others even if they are ai so im curious to know what sets the others off.

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
Im guessing the wiki is not finished and wont be so I will ask here. what are the procs for the different factions to attack you? ive only ever had raza attack for being to rich. im not much to antagonize others even if they are ai so im curious to know what sets the others off.
You can actually see the requirements in the game files, forgot where but I recall is some of my playthroughs.

The pacifist slave caring faction will declare war if you murder a shit ton of planets and get a -20k popularity

The mercenaries just randomly declare war after you do the interactions with their leader and are at war with someone else, they basically get payed to destroy you.

Having a large number of battleships will get one of the factions to declare war as well.

This is just the top of my head there plenty other requirements but it should be visible in the game files

Reactions: DrLizardman

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Are you launching attacks? Repair costs money.
Sometimes, but sometimes not.
I noticed that while raids earn money, conquests cost money. Because there's no up-front cash amount to counter your repaircosts like with a raid, but you get more money over time afterwards from taxes.

But after conquering like ten planets/stations I had money ticking in very quickly, but occasionally i'd just drop back down to nearly zero and have to build it back up again, even when not spending it on anything.

... speaking of running out of money, that infastructure even that costs 1mil to fix seems to appear way too often.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
not going to rush you of course but how long would it be before a playable version of stationmaster 2 is out. nothing quite hits like this game

df223

Mar 13, 2021
At least a few more months. IDK if you're on the Patreon, but I just posted a screenshot of current progress there. Still obviously far from completion, but starting to take shape.
View attachment 1338850
I am a patreon of you , i pledged for your amazing work on station master and the last month for RoE-

If you keep polishing stationmaster you will fucking be the best creator out there in unity

i love the fact that you are adding things and correcting bugs on a game apparently completed!

df223

Mar 13, 2021
Update on this: I put it to a vote among my patrons, and it's overwhelmingly looking like I will be wrapping up Exalted here soon and starting work on Stationmaster 2.

Given that this is probably the most active community for this game, it seems important to ask here. What do you all think the biggest opportunities for improvement are? The code will be mostly new, so this is the time to make big decisions about how it works. As always, I really appreciate your input. It helps me focus on the right things during development.

So far, the big core design changes I'm planning are:
  • Scrap the old character engine and use the one from Exalted. This is slightly less flexible, but the models and animations are much better. This should resolve a ton of issues, though clothes probably won't be in 0.1.
  • Decouple animations from macro. This should save a lot on performance and allow stuff like multiple floors (think Startopia).
  • Time controls.
  • More detailed army management. Make armies have positions around planets, and handle opposing factions' armies as armies, not events.
  • For the nerds: Ditch that piece of shit ASCII save system in favor of SQLite (or maybe JSON).
Things I think should stay the same are:
  • The tone of the game, the main character, and the universe it is set in (but not the exact main plot).
  • The station building UI. Although it will be gaining floors (and losing the pillar), the moment-to-moment gameplay should look about the same.
  • The core gameplay loops around station building and conquest.
  • Random events and furniture items (with some content edits for things I've learned about writing since then), though I plan to write new faction leaders and "main quest" events.
If i were you and basing on my admiration to stationmaster, i would do the same game but with tons of new things, i don t know about engines and technical things , im a noob there, but the idea of stationmaster, with more content and remastered to a new version or a second part with the previous experience you have, i think is the best idea you could think, i played Rise of Exalted last version and i completely loved the girls models , if i were you i would put that models on stationmaster2 and the same idea, but with the construction part that had stationmaster.

df223

Mar 13, 2021
At least a few more months. IDK if you're on the Patreon, but I just posted a screenshot of current progress there. Still obviously far from completion, but starting to take shape.
View attachment 1338850
I see that you are working on individual interactions with slaves. God that is the only thing SM1 didn t have..It would be such a turn on if you could enlsave a queen and a king and made them watch how you turn them into dolls

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
That's the plan in a nutshell - A refined version of Stationmaster's mechanics with RoE's character graphics, QPQ's "getting to know you" events (but better-executed), and a bunch of polish.

I'm really excited for people to try the new individualized training system. It's been a ton of fun (and work) to write, and I think it's going to add a lot of new depth to characters. I'm up to 22 completely separate training paths now. Some of my favorites are:
Innocent -> Break the cutie -> Give augmentations ->Nanite-wielding torturer
Primitive -> Convince you are a god -> Make prophet on her homeworld -> Bring to "heaven" on your station
Princess -> Groom with kindness -> Happy Concubine
Soldier -> Convince her that she was already a slave -> Give new purpose

Each class of backstories (things like "Criminal" or "President") has two completely separate paths, one for abusive breaking, and one for kind treatment, and the idea is that each slave you train using this method will give a permanent bonus (for example, in one of the paths, you take a born slave, help her manage her depression, and then she becomes a therapist for your other slaves).

Glad to hear that I'm on the right track from the perspective of people here. It certainly feels better than QPQ or RoE.

df223

Mar 13, 2021
That's the plan in a nutshell - A refined version of Stationmaster's mechanics with RoE's character graphics, QPQ's "getting to know you" events (but better-executed), and a bunch of polish.

I'm really excited for people to try the new individualized training system. It's been a ton of fun (and work) to write, and I think it's going to add a lot of new depth to characters. I'm up to 22 completely separate training paths now. Some of my favorites are:
Innocent -> Break the cutie -> Give augmentations ->Nanite-wielding torturer
Primitive -> Convince you are a god -> Make prophet on her homeworld -> Bring to "heaven" on your station
Princess -> Groom with kindness -> Happy Concubine
Soldier -> Convince her that she was already a slave -> Give new purpose

Each class of backstories (things like "Criminal" or "President") has two completely separate paths, one for abusive breaking, and one for kind treatment, and the idea is that each slave you train using this method will give a permanent bonus (for example, in one of the paths, you take a born slave, help her manage her depression, and then she becomes a therapist for your other slaves).

Glad to hear that I'm on the right track from the perspective of people here. It certainly feels better than QPQ or RoE.
Wow man whatever you are doing keep doing it im gonna support your work because i already saw what you are capable of, is a nice mindset that type of events that you are doing there with the interactions , i really love some more content on that aspect

God i love what you are doing for real every time i read it it gets better

• Red Heart
Reactions: StationmasterDev

Georgebob10

Nov 25, 2019
Out of curiosity how work intensive are the backstories/breaking paths? Is this something that might see expansion alongside future releases? It sounds fairly interesting and like a potential way to expand things in a 'gotta catch 'em all' kinda way and depending how it's set up maybe something the community could build on.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
They will probably work just fine with mods. Adding new backstories should just be a matter of writing the training events, then creating new notification events or market/tribute templates that use them (For modders: slaves are tied to backstory "archetypes" when they are created as a new parameter for the [addslave] tag).

Content-wise, my backstories are weighing in at around 10k words each, spread over ~5 events per path (for reference, a novel is usually 80-100k words, which means the events in this game could now technically be published as something like a five-book series, one and a half of which would just be the new backstory system). There's no technical reason why you can't go bigger or smaller though (the game can support a five-novel backstory in events for your favorite waifu, or one where she just says "Yo, I wanna join your harem and fuck lots.").

I'm less sure about how the "end bonuses" are going to work though. If there's a lot of demand for mod support on those I might make it configurable, but that would be a lot more work.

1628621086991.png

QuickBob

Oct 27, 2019
That sounds amazing. Just to check, are these all going to be required events for every slave or will you be able to choose slaves to personally train? Because I love the idea, but that could get really unruly when I have 700 slaves on my station if I have to manually go through around 5 training events for each of them.
I'm also hoping you'll combine this with the planet archetypes idea, so certain personality archetypes are tied to/more common with certain planets and races. In Stationmaster 1, all of the descriptions are tied solely to 'how' the slave was obtained and never where they were from.
Honestly, though, it sounds like you're putting in a ton of work. Mad respect and we all appreciate it.

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes