Rahiluk

Oct 3, 2020
been playing this and its decent to say the least. Just when I view my slaves, they are all bald? How do I rectify this?
Sometimes when I play awhile they go all bald and they have no nipples, just everything is smooth. A simple restart of the game works for me.

My big issue is the guys d*** is bent way outa proportion and protrudes everywhere on the girls and his arms and legs go all funky (may be a known issue as I have just started playing and have not looked it up here). The rules always break and restarting does not fix it so they just walk around nude and show up nude when I send for them or any other action I have with them. Also the game is freezing up on me when I send for the girls.

P.S. love the game, cannot get enough of it.

Rahiluk

Oct 3, 2020
Why does one of my girls always crawl? She does not show anything different about her that I can see.

Last edited:

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Update on this: I put it to a vote among my patrons, and it's overwhelmingly looking like I will be wrapping up Exalted here soon and starting work on Stationmaster 2.

Given that this is probably the most active community for this game, it seems important to ask here. What do you all think the biggest opportunities for improvement are? The code will be mostly new, so this is the time to make big decisions about how it works. As always, I really appreciate your input. It helps me focus on the right things during development.

So far, the big core design changes I'm planning are:
  • Scrap the old character engine and use the one from Exalted. This is slightly less flexible, but the models and animations are much better. This should resolve a ton of issues, though clothes probably won't be in 0.1.
  • Decouple animations from macro. This should save a lot on performance and allow stuff like multiple floors (think Startopia).
  • Time controls.
  • More detailed army management. Make armies have positions around planets, and handle opposing factions' armies as armies, not events.
  • For the nerds: Ditch that piece of shit ASCII save system in favor of SQLite (or maybe JSON).
Things I think should stay the same are:
  • The tone of the game, the main character, and the universe it is set in (but not the exact main plot).
  • The station building UI. Although it will be gaining floors (and losing the pillar), the moment-to-moment gameplay should look about the same.
  • The core gameplay loops around station building and conquest.
  • Random events and furniture items (with some content edits for things I've learned about writing since then), though I plan to write new faction leaders and "main quest" events.
Can I request more simplified or abstract war / conquest stuff?

Play this game for the up close and personal domination factor, I don't want to have to click on fleets and then click on identical looking planets to conquer them. Just have a button that takes over planets for me would be nice.

Aleks111

Oct 22, 2017
Anyone else have this bug? I'm bulk buying slaves in the Pasture slave market, and after i buy them and decide to leave, it doesn't give me the option to assign them to the Dairy, just brings me back to my station. When i click on a new slave they aren't assigned anywhere, but when i view all the slaves, it says they are in the arena....

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
The crawling girl probably got the "true cow" event for working at the dairy. That causes that.

I'm still redesigning the conquest system, but for now you can click on stars instead of planets and save a few actions.

As for the bugs, I'm probably not going to do another bugfix update, but SM2 is basically rewritten from the ground-up, so they should be replaced by entirely new bugs soon.

QuickBob

Oct 27, 2019
Yeah, sometimes it just skips the slave inspection screen, but it doesn't do it often and it usually sends them straight to brothel.

So the "true cow" event is what's supposed to cause the crawling on all fours? I've only gotten that event once or twice, but I have tons of slaves that walk on all fours. I just assumed it was related to pet fetish or submission or humiliation or something.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I think there are other conditions (maybe some backgrounds or something). It's been a while... Could also be an exo thing.

df223

Mar 13, 2021
Can I request more simplified or abstract war / conquest stuff?

Play this game for the up close and personal domination factor, I don't want to have to click on fleets and then click on identical looking planets to conquer them. Just have a button that takes over planets for me would be nice.
no.

Rahiluk

Oct 3, 2020
The crawling girl probably got the "true cow" event for working at the dairy. That causes that.

I'm still redesigning the conquest system, but for now you can click on stars instead of planets and save a few actions.

As for the bugs, I'm probably not going to do another bugfix update, but SM2 is basically rewritten from the ground-up, so they should be replaced by entirely new bugs soon.
I do not and have not had a Dairy yet. No big deal was just curious.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I don't think the problem with conquest was that it was too complicated. It just wasn't interesting. Without fleet positioning or actual enemy armies, it just came down to a money sink and a lot of clicking.

SM2 is probably going to function kind of like stripped-down Sins of a Solar Empire, with automated ship production. I'm not 100% sure about the details (I just finished the new galaxy generator), but broadly:
  • Ships will automatically be built over time at shipyards on your station (and possibly on your owned planets).
  • Total army size will be limited by... something (I haven't decided if this is going to be slave soldiers, infrastructure on your station/planets, or some combination of those).
  • Armies will have to travel along warp lines between solar systems, which will create strategic choke points. No more "just mash the conquer button on each star."
  • Other factions will follow more or less the same rules you do for army movement and construction.

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes