Bigboi28

Sep 28, 2019
There's an empty spot where that is. Is there an event that I need? I also can't do anything except start the wars. Do I need to research something?or get my influence or reputation up?

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Code-wise, SM2 has very little in common with SM1 (I'm pretty much re-writing it from scratch). I suspect there will be lots of new bugs, but not many old ones.

jk42

Nov 3, 2017
Code-wise, SM2 has very little in common with SM1 (I'm pretty much re-writing it from scratch). I suspect there will be lots of new bugs, but not many old ones.
As much entertainment as SM1 is, the degradation/leak was significant if you interacted with slaves too often. Which is a shame.

jk42

Nov 3, 2017
I also more than expect bugs in the beginning. Nothing tests your code like other people's hands.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
are you more inclined to release a tech demo, and start a new thread for it, or just release like the first version which is basically playable?

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I don't think I'm going to release any playable version of SM2 before 0.1. Getting that stable is hard enough without having to do the regression testing again after a tech demo.

I'm pretty sure the big leak in SM1 was the character engine, which I couldn't edit because it was a compiled library I licensed. That's totally gone now in favor of a custom solution, so it should be considerably improved.

There is stuff in SM1 that's unlocked by research. I think that's under the station management screen.

Reactions: pdpdpd and Bigboi28

jk42

Nov 3, 2017
I don't think I'm going to release any playable version of SM2 before 0.1. Getting that stable is hard enough without having to do the regression testing again after a tech demo.

I'm pretty sure the big leak in SM1 was the character engine, which I couldn't edit because it was a compiled library I licensed. That's totally gone now in favor of a custom solution, so it should be considerably improved.

There is stuff in SM1 that's unlocked by research. I think that's under the station management screen.
Character library was licensed? Interesting. Blackboxes can be problematic.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Yeah. It was definitely the best-looking one on the asset store, but it didn't scale very well (and had some pretty crazy bugs). This custom one is a lot more suitable for this kind of game.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
MCS. I wouldn't say it was terrible, but it had some flaws. It's no longer available since the company decided to go a different direction with it.

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes