green_vortex

Jun 30, 2018
At its core, this game is satire of anarcho-capitalism gone the way of Calhoun's Universe 25 (in my humble opinion).

The joke is how terrible the universe is from every perspective but the player character's. Your various atrocities don't even really register on the scale of shitty things that happen on a daily basis, and most of the other faction leaders see the murderous sadism as a mild eccentricity (they're mostly miserable and preoccupied with their own problems anyway). The only happy people are the ones who don't know anything about the galactic community, and they routinely get found and paved over by more advanced groups.

It pretty much follows from that AnCap core that that free people in this universe are not that meaningfully different from slaves (no independent police force is going to tangle with a powerful corporation for any reason). Therefore, there's nothing to stop powerful people from raiding independent worlds and taking people indiscriminately regardless of education, wealth, or any other factor.

Historical slave states have always had a problem with disobedience, but the beyond-Orwellian surveillance on your station makes that essentially impossible. There's an event where you punish a slave for walking too slowly to her duties, and it's implied that it's something that would be automatically be handled by the security drones if you didn't do anything about it yourself.

The only reason I don't think slave researchers make sense in-universe is that it takes place after computers have vastly outstripped human capacity for reasoning. That's why nobody really does anything productive except for sex work.

Fortunately, not everything has to make perfect sense. I'm sure there's a hand-wave in there somewhere that would make it work (the chrono chamber doesn't make any sense after all, but it's there anyway).
Amaising bias! If computers are researchers now.. R&D means not only research always need more experiments! May be GladO's mazes for slaves/captives arena-like for guests enjoyment? wasting ( educating) slaves there can give science points ... to open more dreadsexnaughts

BTW you've made event , that allow to win a slave, what about events when you can bet your slaves? may be breed them for some galactic competitions?

Reactions: StationmasterDev
Nov 14, 2018
Has anyone ever found a fix to the bug that causes economy reports to quit working after a few hours into the game?

I was hoping version .20 was going to fix that but it's still in the game. I really want to do a full run of the game taking over the entire galaxy but every attempt I make always ends as soon as that bug kicks in.

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
Yeah, I don't like to complain about a lack of updates - I get it that new stuff takes time. But I do have to gripe about the lack of bugfixes because that's something that should be on the ASAP list, especially right after a new update because that's when new bugs always show up.

HeroOfNought

Jul 2, 2018
Has anyone ever found a fix to the bug that causes economy reports to quit working after a few hours into the game?

I was hoping version .20 was going to fix that but it's still in the game. I really want to do a full run of the game taking over the entire galaxy but every attempt I make always ends as soon as that bug kicks in.
If I've experienced the same thing, they don't actually stop working. What happens is the clickable area for the button moves. Just search around on the button itself and you should be able to pull it up. It's annoying, but it's better than restarting each time.

Reactions: unknownwanderess

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
According to the dev, version .21 will be the gender overhaul and then .22 will be focused on a bug hunt. Personally I'd also argue that nothing short of a massive inquisition to rid this game of all such bug heresy is in order and couldn't come sooner.

Deliver us from the darkness, oh great dev!

Reactions: VelvetUnderground
Nov 14, 2018
If I've experienced the same thing, they don't actually stop working. What happens is the clickable area for the button moves. Just search around on the button itself and you should be able to pull it up. It's annoying, but it's better than restarting each time.
Is there a generally specific spot the button moves too or is it to random?

Conquestus

Modder
Jun 17, 2018
Yeah, I don't like to complain about a lack of updates - I get it that new stuff takes time. But I do have to gripe about the lack of bugfixes because that's something that should be on the ASAP list, especially right after a new update because that's when new bugs always show up.
Yeah, I kind of disagree. Bugfixing is something for the final phase, as long as it doesn't effects gameplay too much. Because when you use too much "energy" fixing bugs right in the development phase, you're gonna waste alot of time. Often features are deleted or replaced by better ones in following phases of development. Just imagine you would fix every bug for some obsolete contents of past pre-versions of your game.

green_vortex

Jun 30, 2018
giant tails, diappearing items, hiden slaves window closing buttons, hanging markets, buggy textures - it is nothing ! annoying? may be . story & features & random events make this game replayable and interesting.

StationmasterDev

Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I'm doing my best to strike a bit of a balance for 0.21a. It should take care of a couple of the high-profile bugs (like the giant station tails, the frozen dialog panes, and the missing genital textures), mostly because I don't think they'll take THAT long to find. The more complex and intermittent stuff might have to wait though, because that's a lot of time to add to an already gargantuan patch.

Of course, the two weeks I spent rewriting the entire dialog folder to work with all gender combinations (thankfully done now) have made me evaluate the pros and cons of abandoning technology altogether and becoming a goat farmer, so this may all be academic.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I selected the bar, the grid shows up, but still nothing. Or did you mean something else?
You have to build it in the walls, not in the black section in the centre of the station (which LOOKS like it should be your main floor)

The red spots turn blue when you're in a buildable area.
Other than that, how the fuck does the slave auction function? I went into the raiders like the tutorial says, but now i'm stuck staring at a naked bald chick while the UI is totally blank.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing to do or click. Even esc does nothing.
What gives?

edit: and the forum is auto-deleting my screenshot, for some stupid reason.

Reactions: Ocha

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Got past the tutorial. I guess the bug just randomly fixed itself?
Except now when I load my save (several hours down the line) all my slaves are naked, bald and all incoming events are blank, just like when I couldn't visit the slave-market when I first started.
Looks like it's the same bug, but I don't know what's triggering it.

po1963pol1

Sep 10, 2017
Got past the tutorial. I guess the bug just randomly fixed itself?
Except now when I load my save (several hours down the line) all my slaves are naked, bald and all incoming events are blank, just like when I couldn't visit the slave-market when I first started.
Looks like it's the same bug, but I don't know what's triggering it.
That bug has been around for some time hopefully it be sorted this update or the next one

Ocha

Aug 21, 2017
You have to build it in the walls, not in the black section in the centre of the station (which LOOKS like it should be your main floor)

The red spots turn blue when you're in a buildable area.
Other than that, how the fuck does the slave auction function? I went into the raiders like the tutorial says, but now i'm stuck staring at a naked bald chick while the UI is totally blank.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing to do or click. Even esc does nothing.
What gives?

edit: and the forum is auto-deleting my screenshot, for some stupid reason.
Thank you! I could not for the life of me figure out what to do lol.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Ok so I worked out how to dodge that bug. Quit the game, (completely, not just to main menu) and boot it up again, load your game then go into your slaves list and look at someone. If they have hair then you're fine. If they're fucked then quit the game and try again (and again, and again) until it works.

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
Ok so I worked out how to dodge that bug. Quit the game, (completely, not just to main menu) and boot it up again, load your game then go into your slaves list and look at someone. If they have hair then you're fine. If they're fucked then quit the game and try again (and again, and again) until it works.
Yup, restarting the game is also the only way I've found to solve the insane lag a once you've reached a certain number of slaves/citizens/tourists. No matter what I do, it always turns into a lag feast. Which is sad, because the game is VERY entertaining and addicting at it's core. An optimization is badly needed before adding more stuff imo.

HeroOfNought

Jul 2, 2018
Yup, restarting the game is also the only way I've found to solve the insane lag a once you've reached a certain number of slaves/citizens/tourists. No matter what I do, it always turns into a lag feast. Which is sad, because the game is VERY entertaining and addicting at it's core. An optimization is badly needed before adding more stuff imo.
I have to wonder if that's a problem with Unity, not just this game. Endless Legends does it as well, when the game gets late enough and there's so many movements and updates to do. I think I've heard other 'late game' parts of games have had issues (Cities Skyline, I think, comes to mind).

3.70 star(s) 53 Votes