Ren'Py Stellar Crossroads [v0.50] [Xavster Gaming]

3.40 star(s) 8 Votes

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
to give more pleasure to your body parts.
You intrigue me, professorx10

Now I have a retort to your loooonnnggg and greasy refrain. View it. You must, pretty, pleasey Lemon squeezy! :giggle:

You, good sir, are a wordsmith of near the top tier.
However, words are but one component of the game, I fear.
Taking something used and making it anew is what I love to do.
Please partake in my thread, and may you enjoy it without further ado.
Quite the body I have amassed, it seems, just in the short time since it appeared.
Yes, some are cringy, and some are downright bad. And some are what I call neckbeard.
I can say, Be as it may. There is gold in some of my comic turns, for in my heart, humor burns.
Feel free to contribute with your wordsmith might. Your glowing brilliance, it's what my heart yearns ...For. :LOL:

https://f95zone.to/threads/beautifu...s-appreciation-thread-definitely-nsfw.103866/

PS: I would like to thank F95 for giving my avatar a head cold, :confused:...:LOL:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Can't we just put skyler in a cage or something? it's like a dog.
And i hope in this extension of castillo we wont have the shit ending of choosing just one girl and abandoning our whole harem.
What the hell is an "extension of castillo"? o_O

Anyway I have a proposal: anyone who whines complaining that the previous Xavster's game didn't have a proper harem ending should be banned from this thread.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Two girls joining us for the price of only one update.
Oremining is a little bit like Mass Effect 2 scanning, except there won't be indicators helping you before launching your probe. Would be nice if the launched probes at least gave some indicator in what direction to find more ore, or in what direction to look for the center of the node you hit? It's a bit sad when all six gold probes are in the 0.2 - 0.9 range, though maybe it's also meant to be that way?

Anyway, pancakes now?
prolly gets better when probes are upgraded.

no pancakes left.

Awesome game! Make an option to disable mining system, refining system and sandbox, I don't care about this shit.
and what would be left? just talking heads.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Patience Gentlemen....Patience.
If you were to go back and look at Callisto at Ver 0.20 you'd find much to point out as well.

This is a going to be a BIG world and Game. Unlike some games where the whole thing is mapped out in the first chapter...and then doesn't go anywhere...what you are seeing at this point is the building of a foundation of something big. You have you noticed that the station is not even fully implemented yet?

World building takes a lot of effort and Xavister is hard at work doing that. Yes, I agree. We know the game needs work and players need more/better guidance. It will be forth coming. Right now we're just getting the pistons in, camshaft timed and the ignition set up.

Your comments have been heard and we are working at making Stellar Crossroads a great game and as we get more components in the engine and start to run it, we'll add the help and instruction manuals needed.

After all, when you get to start shifting the transmission...you'll want to know where to drive this adventure.
Much to point out from Callisto 0.20 that was addressed by Xavster and company as that game developed which has showed up here again is EXACTLY the point, Professor.
Are you saying all the talk from Callisto about learning how to make games as you went was just talk and this is being cobbled together by the seat of your pants with no idea what's going to work and what isn't? Or that the lessons learned about sandbox gameplay needing some sort of help/hint/explanations just didn't sink in? I'm having a hard time believing that. I don't want to believe that. But if that's what you're really saying, I guess I should probably just walk away for 6-8 months so that hopefully when I come back there'll be some sort of indication how and why to do things.

Reactions: mofonistik

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Every 'non-VN' screen has an info button with explanations, and I don't think it's really THAT bad as some of you are saying. As in Callisto, some elements like trading are still not properly implemented because the story justifies that, at this point, your station isn't ready for them just yet (kind of having to trade almost blindly in Callisto before Tiffany learned about economics).

As of now, mining is as simple as selecting a planet, paying a little bit of attention to its available ore and the expected depth, then releasing your six probes (if you select two near locations, you can guess the direction in which the main deposit may be located, play around with different depths if you like but it's pretty straightforward and, worst case, you can just come back the next day and try again), then click again on the best probing site to start mining. Maybe we could have a reminder of the planet's info in the mining screen, so we don't need to actually memorize all that data before traveling there. It's really the only thing I'm missing.

The storage system is quite easy at this moment: we have two possible storage containers, and we can't mix ores, so we just need to select the destination container accordingly, and then set the 'export' bar at whichever quantity we deem appropriate; when we have enough ore stored, it's automatically sold. Also, it basically runs in auto mode if you click on the Auto buttons. Of course, at this point it's not smart to mine for more than 2 different ores, as we only have 2 storage containers and one export container (plus another one for waste). We are told we'll be getting more storage containers and other elements in the future, but again, the story is not there just yet.

The freeroam isn't hard either: basically, there's nothing to do at the moment besides exploring the station and getting used to its lay-up, as story pieces are triggered just by advancing time (that's maybe the only thing that is not well explained, but clicking on the clock seems a pretty obvious thing to do when you feel stuck). I guess we'll get some hint system about where to go and when, if there's actually a quest system planned with events triggered at exact times and locations. So far, it's totally unnecessary.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Much to point out from Callisto 0.20 that was addressed by Xavster and company as that game developed which has showed up here again is EXACTLY the point, Professor.
Are you saying all the talk from Callisto about learning how to make games as you went was just talk and this is being cobbled together by the seat of your pants with no idea what's going to work and what isn't? Or that the lessons learned about sandbox gameplay needing some sort of help/hint/explanations just didn't sink in? I'm having a hard time believing that. I don't want to believe that. But if that's what you're really saying, I guess I should probably just walk away for 6-8 months so that hopefully when I come back there'll be some sort of indication how and why to do things.
I remember skipping through Callisto front to back without any issues. I don't remember having any trouble progressing, even though I didn't know what was going on most of the time. I'm not even sure, if the trading minigame even had any impact on story progression. If anything I'd hope that the minigames are more involved this time around, because the biggest flaw of Callisto for me was that the story was kind of disconnected from the rest of the game, hidden away in an uninspired list.

We shouldn't expect every dev to go for episodic releases for our convenience, especially if they want to implement actual gameplay. The low version number is probably telling us that everything is subject to change.
At this point in development there's really not much to it and the in-game tutorial pretty much says as much, so I'm kind of seeing a skill issue here.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I remember skipping through Callisto front to back without any issues. I don't remember having any trouble progressing, even though I didn't know what was going on most of the time. I'm not even sure, if the trading minigame even had any impact on story progression. If anything I'd hope that the minigames are more involved this time around, because the biggest flaw of Callisto for me was that the story was kind of disconnected from the rest of the game, hidden away in an uninspired list.

We shouldn't expect every dev to go for episodic releases for our convenience, especially if they want to implement actual gameplay. The low version number is probably telling us that everything is subject to change.
At this point in development there's really not much to it and the in-game tutorial pretty much says as much, so I'm kind of seeing a skill issue here.
When did you first play Callisto? Did you follow the thread on this site from the beginning? As the game went through it's development cycle, every time a new release spurred new players to try it out, and for a good chunk of the development, Xavster was constantly fielding complaints that the sandbox mechanics were not well explained. Through several releases there were multiple QoL improvements created to make the game easier to play for those who were new to it and hadn't followed every step of the development. The event stars, Professorx10 wrote his walkthrough, the ship map was implemented, the quest tracker was added, the wheel of love and destiny with (eventually) the sector tracker - and that was all good. As Callisto wound down, it was mentioned multiple times how the dev team had learned a lot about how to build a game and those lessons would be implemented in the next game. Well, this is the next game and the sandbox mechanics are being introduced with as little (or less) explanation than at the beginning of Callisto. It's just frustrating to see the same issues starting up again, especially after it was claimed that would not be the case.

• Angry
Reactions: professorx10

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
When did you first play Callisto? Did you follow the thread on this site from the beginning? As the game went through it's development cycle, every time a new release spurred new players to try it out, and for a good chunk of the development, Xavster was constantly fielding complaints that the sandbox mechanics were not well explained. Through several releases there were multiple QoL improvements created to make the game easier to play for those who were new to it and hadn't followed every step of the development. The event stars, Professorx10 wrote his walkthrough, the ship map was implemented, the quest tracker was added, the wheel of love and destiny with (eventually) the sector tracker - and that was all good. As Callisto wound down, it was mentioned multiple times how the dev team had learned a lot about how to build a game and those lessons would be implemented in the next game. Well, this is the next game and the sandbox mechanics are being introduced with as little (or less) explanation than at the beginning of Callisto. It's just frustrating to see the same issues starting up again, especially after it was claimed that would not be the case.
Honestly, I think this is some unfair criticism at this point of development. In Callisto, people mostly complained about how they missed sandbox events, and it's true that we were thrown into the ship in media res with no indication about what to do or how to proceed, or why we should look for stars in the map (when it was implemented) and so on; the backstory was hidden in the Captain's PC and tutorials came much later into development. In the end, everything came down to players' willingness to spend some minutes exploring and getting used to the game's UI before actually starting to play the game, because there were absolutely no clues in the game's narrative about how to play it.

But in this game there's nothing of the sort -yet. And I do think Xavster has learned how to properly build a game like this: for starters, the game follows a linear story, with a proper intro to let players know what's going on and what are we doing on that station, and then the story events are slowly unlocking new features that get explained as soon as they come up. So far, those events aren't sandbox-dependent, so there's no actual need to explain how to navigate the map or how to find different events because all of them are triggered just by advancing time. If this changes in the future and new events are hard to find due to the lack of a helpful navigation system, quest-log or whatever, then your criticism would be valid, but the story doesn't justify the implementation of such systems as of now: if you don't know what to do is just because there's nothing else to do.

Plus the resource-management elements are explained both in-game (Krog and Maeve briefings) and with help screens (the 'i' buttons). If there's limited info about all of those features it's just because the game's story is still starting out and there's no need to further explain how to do something you wouldn't be able to do anyway. For instance, at the end of the current content (after Skylar manages to fix the power issue) you get a message stating that you can keep mining if you want, but that the next installment will bring more advanced features like refining and importing minerals. Again, it seems that those features will be introduced after some piece of the story that will justify its implementation, and it also seems likely that we'll get a brief explanation of those new game mechanics as we go. The addition of new mechanics will come not only due to the natural development process of the game version after version, but also in tune with the story. Which is a major improvement from Callisto.

LordDreamWolf

Jan 17, 2020
You intrigue me, professorx10

Now I have a retort to your loooonnnggg and greasy refrain. View it. You must, pretty, pleasey Lemon squeezy! :giggle:

You, good sir, are a wordsmith of near the top tier.
However, words are but one component of the game, I fear.
Taking something used and making it anew is what I love to do.
Please partake in my thread, and may you enjoy it without further ado.
Quite the body I have amassed, it seems, just in the short time since it appeared.
Yes, some are cringy, and some are downright bad. And some are what I call neckbeard.
I can say, Be as it may. There is gold in some of my comic turns, for in my heart, humor burns.
Feel free to contribute with your wordsmith might. Your glowing brilliance, it's what my heart yearns ...For. :LOL:

https://f95zone.to/threads/beautifu...s-appreciation-thread-definitely-nsfw.103866/

PS: I would like to thank F95 for giving my avatar a head cold, :confused:...:LOL:
I am loving you're exchanges with the Dev team's resident English language Wordsmith. I myself having joined the team as a fan during the development of Callisto do understand the complaints as well as the suggestions made. Currently Xavster's is in the process of finalizing the Mining mechanics and the next steps are working on the ui and that will include many of the quality of life tool that Callisto had.
Thank you for your comments and feedback. Good or bad it helps us make the best game possible.
LDW

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
IMHO, there aren't any issues in this game and there weren't any issues in Callisto as well.

The truth is that if everything's fine you just play, enjoy the game and shut up. If you have problems you come here and start quarrelling.

This has been happening in every damn F95 game thread.

My only complaints about this game is that the updates were too short and that our MC hasn't porked the white haired chick yet.

• Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat and cxx

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Going in cold, this may be a bit overwhelming. Callisto vets will be ok but you need to do a bit more handholding for others. IOW a bit of a turorial on the nav controls, fueling and mining mechanics is in order. I still don't have a feel for what I'm doing with early stage mining on that point. I don't have a place I can suss out whatever may be doing on in that ore flow diagram and whatever cash I may be generating or losing there. Also what's the deal with the negative credits and having to work that out? Do we enable something more when we go positive? Mining stragegy guide? How do we decide whether to keep mining a spot or see a drop off and do more probes? Are you going to do a minimap a la Callisto for events or do we need to keep wandering around all over the complex to find stuff each time period? Callisto's TV and news program did some overall global feel for events. What will we have like that here? Finally the lack of interactions in the various places from hotspots or characters is making this feel very much like a sandbox desert in this early release.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Going in cold, this may be a bit overwhelming. Callisto vets will be ok but you need to do a bit more handholding for others. IOW a bit of a turorial on the nav controls, fueling and mining mechanics is in order. I still don't have a feel for what I'm doing with early stage mining on that point. I don't have a place I can suss out whatever may be doing on in that ore flow diagram and whatever cash I may be generating or losing there. Also what's the deal with the negative credits and having to work that out? Do we enable something more when we go positive? Mining stragegy guide? How do we decide whether to keep mining a spot or see a drop off and do more probes? Are you going to do a minimap a la Callisto for events or do we need to keep wandering around all over the complex to find stuff each time period? Callisto's TV and news program did some overall global feel for events. What will we have like that here? Finally the lack of interactions in the various places from hotspots or characters is making this feel very much like a sandbox desert in this early release.
Devs can for sure handhold their players, but I think that, in a game with actual gaming mechanics, it's also fair to expect a bare minimum of exploration and trial willingness from those players. Like, you know, letting them play around a bit to see if they can find some optimal by themselves. And there's the game lacking some helping elements, and there's the player not paying attention to what is actually there.

Negative credits are a result of your investment in the mining ship and buying out Maeve's contract, as explained in the story (you have to pay the Marv Corp for the fuel on a daily basis, but Alexia managed to stop payments for a week so you could get enough money for Maeve and the ship, and now you have to pay back that week's fuel). Getting positive numbers will help you to add new improvements and mineral refining systems, but as Krog said there's no point in getting there just yet because the station was still relying on the emergency power source. That power issue is fixed at the end of the current story content so I guess the new update will bring those elements on in a way that makes sense story-wise, like in 'ok, now we have the main power source running so we can afford to buy the refining system and some extra storage bins for the ore, as long as we have the financial side sorted out'.

Re: mining, in the planet selection screen, you can read which mineral can be found on each planet, as well as its expected quality and depth. Once you start mining, you get actual data that is added to that screen, so the next day you go mining and select the same planet, you can compare the expected results to what you are actually getting from your mine; as Maeve and Krog explained during the mining briefing, quality slowly drops as you keep extracting from the same site, so when you see a significant difference in terms of quality between expected and actual data, you'll know it's time to look for new mining sites. And you can always check prices first with Alexia to decide which mineral to extract. She's the one with all the financial data: fueling basically runs automatically, getting a tiny daily profit, and we'll be getting more income by opening the new gates and the increased traffic this means, while the trading agreements for the minerals will start to play out in the next update (the trading companies' representatives said they need some time to adjust routes). The import/buying mineral system is already in place, as well as the refining and manufacturing ones, just disabled as those pieces of the story are still to be told. You can't just get your station working at full throttle at this point; as almost every character points out, you're basically a newcomer and things take time, you need to build your reputation in the sector first and even fix the station itself, so everything is advancing slowly.

Other elements like Callisto's TV only appeared when there was something important actually happening in the game's story. I don't know if there's something similar planned out for Stellar Crossroads but, if it is, it's easy to assume it would show up in a similar way. An event tracker, again, is not necessary at this point of the story as we don't even know if there'll be side quests as in Callisto at all, so it's pointless to ask about it until those quests are actually implemented, if ever. Also, wouldn't the game feel even more 'desert' if all those elements were already in place and accessible but totally empty of content? It seems obvious to me that Xavster has decided to slowly build up those extra things, implementing them accordingly to the story development and not throwing them in as a technical update just to show how they'll work (or, as in Callisto, making the game more player-friendly in retrospective, so players getting on board on later updates had it easier to get the same content than those who played older versions). This way every player will get the same feel of progression regardless of when they start playing, and I think that's a quite good choice.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Drips' Stellar Crossroads Mining Manual

Surveying & Mining:

First decide what you want to ore, then go to the respective planet. Do take note of the maximum quality of the ore on that planet, as well as the minimum and maximum listed mining depth. Our initial drilling equipment has a maximum depth of 400 meters, so it's little use to go to planets where the ore is deeper than that. For quick money, survey at minimum depth, for noticably more money but also noticably less ore per day, survey at maximum listed mining depth or if your drills don't go as deep, the maximum of your equipment.
1. Set your surveying depth using the slider to the right side of the map. You have to do this every time you enter this screen!
2. Launch a probe. The chart is randomized, so no reason not to check the center where the target circle is.
3. Now check the result of that first probe.
3.a If the quality is nowhere near the maximum, then click on a spot elsewhere on the map and repeat this process untill you get a good result or run out of probes.
3.b If the ore quality is near the maximum available for the planet, either launch another probe close to it, or
3.c Go to 4. to start drilling
4. First make sure your target circle is right on top of the spot where you want to mine, so if you used 6 drones, put it on top of the spot that gave the best result. The coordinates are listed, so if you really want it to be precise, you could. Maybe Xavster can make the list of results clickable sometime to make it easier to exactly position our landing spot, but if you have a hunch you might get better yield slightly off center from your probe, you can.
5. Click "land" to start mining!

Ores:
I have no idea how everything is coded, but, it seemed in my testing that coal and sand are less volatile in value. They seem pretty consistent between ~9 and ~12 credits, sand generally around 10 credits, coal usually about 11.
Iron, Copper, Nickel and Gold seem a lot more volatile, I've seen their value rise from 6 to 14.5 overnight, and spectacularly drop back to 6 just a few days later.
Mining just coal or sand, I avaraged between 20k and 30k per 10 days. Mining one of the metals could easily yield 40k in 10 days, but it could also pay just about 10k.

Keep in mind, Xavster may, and probably will, tweak ore values and market volatility over time. But, for now, sand and coal seem the safer bets.

I might write up something about storage and refining sometime, but I think it's not too hard to figure out. Just keep in mind that transfer between storage units seems to take time. There is a maximum amount of ore per day that can be transfered from the storage bins (the ones in the middle) to the export bin (the one at the bottom), so storing a ton of iron and then transferring it all to the sell may not work, simply because you can't transfer all of it fast enough. For now, we don't really need more storage bins, but extra export bins would be a very welcome addition!

NatSlayer

Jan 9, 2018
I was going to try this game but I don't understand it
I only travel through planets collecting minerals and exploiting the resources
I can't use anything from the ship, just ask about the crew or other people or about the resources obtained
is it just is? If so, it would make more sense.

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
I was going to try this game but I don't understand it
I only travel through planets collecting minerals and exploiting the resources
I can't use anything from the ship, just ask about the crew or other people or about the resources obtained
is it just is? If so, it would make more sense.
That's all right now. The game is still new and there will be more to do after a few more updates.

Reactions: professorx10

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Andromeda worked right after mass 3 because mass 2 and 3 had loads of cutscenes and action
way before any planet hopping, on top of having multiple story lines running all at once,
so when players had enough mining dead seat throttling, they could go talk to people for other missions. The point in this game where we are now, we got a lot of management with little
of anything else once we go through the main plot line and what little there is in the rooms.
We need some sort of indication as to who is doing what. As it is now, MC and his nosy coworker are the engineers, the daughter is the negociator, the hottie is the pilot, the android is the ship.
Now, it is pretty strange that the all knowing ship AI cannot automate the intricate ore refinement
or the calculations of where to go and where to drill, as it is perfectly capable of running its own
aggressive deffenses all too well.
This is the nature of development about this game, we could use some tips and some assists
from the various faction leaders we can rake up affinity with by them pushing us into their prefferred
line of business, the ore they like, the reffining they prefffer, even the ship could put up a strategy upfront so us players are not left wanting in the middle of a quite intricate management predicament.
Devs can for sure handhold their players, but I think that, in a game with actual gaming mechanics, it's also fair to expect a bare minimum of exploration and trial willingness from those players. Like, you know, letting them play around a bit to see if they can find some optimal by themselves. And there's the game lacking some helping elements, and there's the player not paying attention to what is actually there.

Negative credits are a result of your investment in the mining ship and buying out Maeve's contract, as explained in the story (you have to pay the Marv Corp for the fuel on a daily basis, but Alexia managed to stop payments for a week so you could get enough money for Maeve and the ship, and now you have to pay back that week's fuel). Getting positive numbers will help you to add new improvements and mineral refining systems, but as Krog said there's no point in getting there just yet because the station was still relying on the emergency power source. That power issue is fixed at the end of the current story content so I guess the new update will bring those elements on in a way that makes sense story-wise, like in 'ok, now we have the main power source running so we can afford to buy the refining system and some extra storage bins for the ore, as long as we have the financial side sorted out'.

Re: mining, in the planet selection screen, you can read which mineral can be found on each planet, as well as its expected quality and depth. Once you start mining, you get actual data that is added to that screen, so the next day you go mining and select the same planet, you can compare the expected results to what you are actually getting from your mine; as Maeve and Krog explained during the mining briefing, quality slowly drops as you keep extracting from the same site, so when you see a significant difference in terms of quality between expected and actual data, you'll know it's time to look for new mining sites. And you can always check prices first with Alexia to decide which mineral to extract. She's the one with all the financial data: fueling basically runs automatically, getting a tiny daily profit, and we'll be getting more income by opening the new gates and the increased traffic this means, while the trading agreements for the minerals will start to play out in the next update (the trading companies' representatives said they need some time to adjust routes). The import/buying mineral system is already in place, as well as the refining and manufacturing ones, just disabled as those pieces of the story are still to be told. You can't just get your station working at full throttle at this point; as almost every character points out, you're basically a newcomer and things take time, you need to build your reputation in the sector first and even fix the station itself, so everything is advancing slowly.

Other elements like Callisto's TV only appeared when there was something important actually happening in the game's story. I don't know if there's something similar planned out for Stellar Crossroads but, if it is, it's easy to assume it would show up in a similar way. An event tracker, again, is not necessary at this point of the story as we don't even know if there'll be side quests as in Callisto at all, so it's pointless to ask about it until those quests are actually implemented, if ever. Also, wouldn't the game feel even more 'desert' if all those elements were already in place and accessible but totally empty of content? It seems obvious to me that Xavster has decided to slowly build up those extra things, implementing them accordingly to the story development and not throwing them in as a technical update just to show how they'll work (or, as in Callisto, making the game more player-friendly in retrospective, so players getting on board on later updates had it easier to get the same content than those who played older versions). This way every player will get the same feel of progression regardless of when they start playing, and I think that's a quite good choice.
Drips' Stellar Crossroads Mining Manual

Surveying & Mining:

First decide what you want to ore, then go to the respective planet. Do take note of the maximum quality of the ore on that planet, as well as the minimum and maximum listed mining depth. Our initial drilling equipment has a maximum depth of 400 meters, so it's little use to go to planets where the ore is deeper than that. For quick money, survey at minimum depth, for noticably more money but also noticably less ore per day, survey at maximum listed mining depth or if your drills don't go as deep, the maximum of your equipment.
1. Set your surveying depth using the slider to the right side of the map. You have to do this every time you enter this screen!
2. Launch a probe. The chart is randomized, so no reason not to check the center where the target circle is.
3. Now check the result of that first probe.
3.a If the quality is nowhere near the maximum, then click on a spot elsewhere on the map and repeat this process untill you get a good result or run out of probes.
3.b If the ore quality is near the maximum available for the planet, either launch another probe close to it, or
3.c Go to 4. to start drilling
4. First make sure your target circle is right on top of the spot where you want to mine, so if you used 6 drones, put it on top of the spot that gave the best result. The coordinates are listed, so if you really want it to be precise, you could. Maybe Xavster can make the list of results clickable sometime to make it easier to exactly position our landing spot, but if you have a hunch you might get better yield slightly off center from your probe, you can.
5. Click "land" to start mining!

Ores:
I have no idea how everything is coded, but, it seemed in my testing that coal and sand are less volatile in value. They seem pretty consistent between ~9 and ~12 credits, sand generally around 10 credits, coal usually about 11.
Iron, Copper, Nickel and Gold seem a lot more volatile, I've seen their value rise from 6 to 14.5 overnight, and spectacularly drop back to 6 just a few days later.
Mining just coal or sand, I avaraged between 20k and 30k per 10 days. Mining one of the metals could easily yield 40k in 10 days, but it could also pay just about 10k.

Keep in mind, Xavster may, and probably will, tweak ore values and market volatility over time. But, for now, sand and coal seem the safer bets.

I might write up something about storage and refining sometime, but I think it's not too hard to figure out. Just keep in mind that transfer between storage units seems to take time. There is a maximum amount of ore per day that can be transfered from the storage bins (the ones in the middle) to the export bin (the one at the bottom), so storing a ton of iron and then transferring it all to the sell may not work, simply because you can't transfer all of it fast enough. For now, we don't really need more storage bins, but extra export bins would be a very welcome addition!
the start is sooooo nice

felt like a x game and i could only think frigate and fighters and hire crew
and may e you can tackle factions as in khan https://f95zone.to/threads/vae-victis-khan-conquer-ravish-breed-v0-7-5-doorknob22.74639/

forgot about the sexy stuff
Would you say the many work stations players are pushed into operating all of a sudden thus far
are good enough to release some stress away from our day to day IRL resources management?

Reactions: PapaPhat
3.40 star(s) 8 Votes