Ren'Py Stellar Crossroads [v0.60] [Xavster Gaming]

3.40 star(s) 9 Votes

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I used to work in the mining industry, hence sometimes I gloss over things in these specific information pages, that whilst clearly apparent to me, are not clear to others. If I try to explain everything though, it would become extremely verbose and hence players would skip over it.

When sand mining you look for deposits with a maximum amount of heavy mineral (Rutile / Zircon). The majority of the remaining material tends to be silica (SiO2). For simplicity in Callisto I have assumed that this heavy mineral consists of 50% Rutile and 50% Zircon. For example in game if you have 1000T of sand at 12% heavy mineral (grade) it consists of:
- 88% (880T) Silica
- 6% (60T) Rutile
- 6% (60T) Zircon

When processing you have what is known as recovery, which is the percentage of the feed material that is successfully processed into a product, whilst the remainder is waste. Thus in your case with the Zircon priority you get the following:
- Silica: 44% of feed (88% x 50%)
- Rutile: 3.6% of feed (6% x 60%)
- Zircon: 5.7% of feed (6% x 95%)

The mining and processing mechanics are based upon actual real world scenarios, although heavily simplified for implementation in the game. Things like the presence of ilmenite (FeTiO3) and the mass loss from Rutile and Zircon into metal forms from the reduction of oxygen during smelting are ignored.

Many elements in the game are not fully explained, however where possible are based upon actual scientific knowledge. A google search will often provide greater understanding of game elements. If not, perhaps you learnt something you didn't know before.
those stats are pretty much what i put down .. so i get it ... thanks for the reply :)(y)

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
For normal playthroughs this error should not appear. The only way I can conceive it can happen is that you never visited the Control Room between the Nimera encounter on her ship and the completion of the Skylar arc. In the next release I'll place in a dummy image, so even in this case it displays correctly.

The error doesn't actually cause any problems in gameplay. If you select any of the available alternatives, or simply close and then revisit the Control Room it will resolve itself.
true it does not affect the game play .. i just found it odd ... and yeah it was in the control room where the image showed missing .. but it cool i restarted another playthrew .. i hope it works this time :LOL:
if not i'll just keep playing threw it (y)

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
Many elements in the game are not fully explained, however where possible are based upon actual scientific knowledge. A google search will often provide greater understanding of game elements. If not, perhaps you learnt something you didn't know before.
Not trying to be a dick here but that is a 'dick' argument development wise. It is up to the game designer to ensure that the player can understand given mechanics. Which in this case means the player has to rely on the given info in-game. Nobody will ever think of researching real world mechanics of something, when being stuck or experiencing weird stuff in a game.

Aside from the specific case: Forcing a player to find necessary information to play the game, outside of the actual game, is in general considered 'bad design'.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Not trying to be a dick here but that is a 'dick' argument development wise. It is up to the game designer to ensure that the player can understand given mechanics. Which in this case means the player has to rely on the given info in-game. Nobody will ever think of researching real world mechanics of something, when being stuck or experiencing weird stuff in a game.

Aside from the specific case: Forcing a player to find necessary information to play the game, outside of the actual game, is in general considered 'bad design'.
But no one needs to look for anything outside of the game to play it. In this case someone just noticed what they thought it was an inconsistency or maybe a bug, and dev stated it's an intended feature because he used real-life info to code it. But we don't need to know how minerals are processed in real life to understand what to do in the game's mineral processing plant, we just rely in the info given in-game as you said and everything works fine.

Last edited:

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Will there be a harem ending or not - very hard to plan if you can't have one for who you want in the final if monogamous ending is all you get

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Will there be a harem ending or not - very hard to plan if you can't have one for who you want in the final if monogamous ending is all you get
we don't know yet but if callisto is any hint then fuck'em all but in the end pick 1.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
You should have Nova make recommendations as to what Contracts to take etc... for those of us that don't really get into the management stuff

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
You should have Nova make recommendations as to what Contracts to take etc... for those of us that don't really get into the management stuff
The management portion of the game is not essential to play, however it will make the end game far easier. The only element that are sort of required is Nova's politics tab, however at present this is just making 3 selections.

With the game I have tried to automate where possible, however if I automate everything, then I may as well skip entirely. Whilst some would would prefer just a VN, I have elected to create something a bit more involved.

For those that haven't jumped into the mechanics, after selecting a contract to say make 3 Sandgropers you can have these made by the following. Go to assembly, find Sandgropers and increment to 3. Go to manufacturing and click the robot head to queue up all required elements and then click on ingots button to procure all required metal. When manufacturing is complete, then it's just a matter of going back to the contracts page to finalise. Relatively painless considering the complexity of the manufacturing process.

As far as harem questions:
There will be an opportunity to play the field, however as in real life if you want to explore a relationship more deeply, then you will need to be more faithful to that partner. Of course how faithful you need to be will depend upon the partner.

GodOfMercy

Sep 25, 2020
some changes too the management system would be nice
stuff like being able too lock bins too specific ores and some upgrade option too increse there capacitys

as it is now if you have her gather ores and are not looking too baby sit the production daily it can turn realy messy with bits of the same type of ore filling up 4 bins before you know it there is not even room for coal since scraps take up the space if the bits adleast gathered in the same bins when there was room it would help.

do like the spy system but hope it gets expanded on so much potencial there

all so not sure if it is a bug or not but seems like my reputation drops at random with factions despite not picking a single option that affects others, on that note would be nice with more options for policies as well

and maby the option too get a extra pilot too have bouth ships active at the same time

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
There will be an opportunity to play the field, however as in real life if you want to explore a relationship more deeply, then you will need to be more faithful to that partner. Of course how faithful you need to be will depend upon the partner.
but if you play the field won't that piss off any potential partner ? :unsure:

Reactions: BGRW2020

lOrD gHoSt

May 9, 2020
Discovered a bug with the first policy, probably also present in v0.40: If you select anything except Full Military access and then afterwards in v04q choose to maintain your stance, it will be set to Full Military access.
This is because pol_temp defaults to "a" and isn't changed to anything else if you maintain your stance, so when pol_temp != pol_01 is checked after the menu, that resolves to true and pol_change_01() is called. Easiest solution is probably to set pol_temp to pol_01 before the menu.
and i was confused AF for some time now... back to the beginning i guess... its still in 0.60. reputation gets a hit, but they talk like i let them in and do their thing oO
so, changing "store.pol_temp" with a save editor to "c" does the trick. or "b" if you want to let the civilians in.
at least after the question if you want to maintain your stance. idk about any cew reputation changes tho, im fine with how it is for now...

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
The management portion of the game is not essential to play, however it will make the end game far easier. The only element that are sort of required is Nova's politics tab, however at present this is just making 3 selections.

With the game I have tried to automate where possible, however if I automate everything, then I may as well skip entirely. Whilst some would would prefer just a VN, I have elected to create something a bit more involved.

For those that haven't jumped into the mechanics, after selecting a contract to say make 3 Sandgropers you can have these made by the following. Go to assembly, find Sandgropers and increment to 3. Go to manufacturing and click the robot head to queue up all required elements and then click on ingots button to procure all required metal. When manufacturing is complete, then it's just a matter of going back to the contracts page to finalise. Relatively painless considering the complexity of the manufacturing process.

Playing the field is not a harem nor does it make you a better person. If you are interested in someone - you get to know them and then decide if you want to move on or not, pretty hard to play the field and stay on good terms with all of them - would be best to not get to know them at all than to hurt their feelings

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Playing the field is not a harem nor does it make you a better person. If you are interested in someone - you get to know them and then decide if you want to move on or not, pretty hard to play the field and stay on good terms with all of them - would be best to not get to know them at all than to hurt their feelings
doesn't really hurt them to date them , to see which one you would want to settle with ... of course it's a choice i couldn't make .. seeing how i want them all :love:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
didn't hurt in callisto and doubt that happens in this and in c they all had 3somes.

Oct 4, 2018
i do like the game despite the jank it has, for example on multiple occasions was i able to unlock the follow up event before having done the preceeding event and actually went through them in the wrong way arround.
Which despite making the story a little weird luckly didnt seem to have any long term harm caused by it.

HOWEVER, i would really like if there was a better way to do things then going to the bridge, check your goals and figure out what to do.
Im not expecting a step by step guide but at least some guidance pointing me in the right way would be nice as i dont even always know what it wants me to do even after reading the tutorials.
also, a more convenient way of accessing this information then having to go to a dedicaded location would be nice.
i dont mind with the upgrades or politics because i understand the idea behind having you go to the bridge to give commands but i should be able to access something meta like quests at any time.
While im at complaining, also in said politics screen the faction ledgent what icon represents who is covered by the window where you make the choice which means you have to remember half of them anyways.
some places like the quest screen also doesnt have this chart, which means i have to go down to the operations room, take a screenshot ideally of the legent and then look at that during quests or any other situation thats not in the operations room and as such doesnt have the chart build in.

Reactions: ImperialD

Well I Try

Dec 31, 2022
does this game has any walkthrough, guide for the choices. I can't reach to sex or progress, hell i don't know if my choices are right or not and i can't have sex with any of them

3.40 star(s) 9 Votes