Ren'Py Stellar Crossroads [v0.60] [Xavster Gaming]

3.40 star(s) 9 Votes

Remarius

Mar 30, 2022
Any clue how to buy those carriers? I have more than enough credits for it,but nothing happens when i press any of those button numbers. View attachment 4041193
They are buyable when you reach a specific storyline point (its impossible to miss really as its about carriers/fighters) but you can only have 3. Looking at my save game mine are also showing green so "greyed out" is definitely incorrect. ;)

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
They are buyable when you reach a specific storyline point (its impossible to miss really as its about carriers/fighters) but you can only have 3. Looking at my save game mine are also showing green so "greyed out" is definitely incorrect. ;)
I finished all storyline. Well,nothing on tasks left and last one was with Nova feeling lonely,if is that latest.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
To assist new players I have made the mining and processing tutorials available to the public. You will find links in the header post and below.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
ok i just reloaded my save file and this is kinda odd ... screenshots 1 thru 4 are from my save file 23-3
the last one number 5 is from save file 26-3 :unsure:
seems like something is missing here

Alex3Ton

Feb 5, 2024
Google Translation
I don’t know, I don’t have problems with credits. :) I'm translating this game into a language that is not included in the project presented here. So I created a small mod for myself and I don’t know any troubles. :LOL:
скриншот0004.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
ok i deleted the other game ... redownloaded it and started a new game .... got a question for the dev(s)
the amounts of each mineral from sand is way off .... i'm trying to get Zircon which if you notice says 95% return .... but if you look at the screenshot it is no where near that . it might be 5% maybe .... meanwhile silica you always get a ton of its more like 95% ... this needs to be fixed :oops:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
i came across an issue here .. an image is missing ?
For normal playthroughs this error should not appear. The only way I can conceive it can happen is that you never visited the Control Room between the Nimera encounter on her ship and the completion of the Skylar arc. In the next release I'll place in a dummy image, so even in this case it displays correctly.

The error doesn't actually cause any problems in gameplay. If you select any of the available alternatives, or simply close and then revisit the Control Room it will resolve itself.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
ok i deleted the other game ... redownloaded it and started a new game .... got a question for the dev(s)
the amounts of each mineral from sand is way off .... i'm trying to get Zircon which if you notice says 95% return .... but if you look at the screenshot it is no where near that . it might be 5% maybe .... meanwhile silica you always get a ton of its more like 95% ... this needs to be fixed :oops:
I used to work in the mining industry, hence sometimes I gloss over things in these specific information pages, that whilst clearly apparent to me, are not clear to others. If I try to explain everything though, it would become extremely verbose and hence players would skip over it.

When sand mining you look for deposits with a maximum amount of heavy mineral (Rutile / Zircon). The majority of the remaining material tends to be silica (SiO2). For simplicity in Callisto I have assumed that this heavy mineral consists of 50% Rutile and 50% Zircon. For example in game if you have 1000T of sand at 12% heavy mineral (grade) it consists of:
- 88% (880T) Silica
- 6% (60T) Rutile
- 6% (60T) Zircon

When processing you have what is known as recovery, which is the percentage of the feed material that is successfully processed into a product, whilst the remainder is waste. Thus in your case with the Zircon priority you get the following:
- Silica: 44% of feed (88% x 50%)
- Rutile: 3.6% of feed (6% x 60%)
- Zircon: 5.7% of feed (6% x 95%)

The mining and processing mechanics are based upon actual real world scenarios, although heavily simplified for implementation in the game. Things like the presence of ilmenite (FeTiO3) and the mass loss from Rutile and Zircon into metal forms from the reduction of oxygen during smelting are ignored.

Many elements in the game are not fully explained, however where possible are based upon actual scientific knowledge. A google search will often provide greater understanding of game elements. If not, perhaps you learnt something you didn't know before.

3.40 star(s) 9 Votes