Ren'Py Abandoned Stellargate 1 [Season 1 Complete] [NSFW Space]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ElTioPaco

Apr 8, 2018
Got it now :(
yes it sucks

I am very fond of this game series, in Spaced Out that I started playing to pass the time, I was shocked by
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was very impressed.

So much so that
in the ending of Spaced Out, but I did in WW, so I liked the good ending of the game, I definitely missed the girls on the ship (that whole part feels like filler) in the end, and maybe Iris, he had charisma, and he was a good character.

The truth is that I never understood the need to follow the bad ending, because it is SO bad with the characters that you have grown to love.

But well, the canon of the story is the bad ending, I have accepted it,

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
yes it sucks

I am very fond of this game series, in Spaced Out that I started playing to pass the time, I was shocked by
I was very impressed.

So much so that
in the ending of Spaced Out, but I did in WW, so I liked the good ending of the game, I definitely missed the girls on the ship (that whole part feels like filler) in the end, and maybe Iris, he had charisma, and he was a good character.

The truth is that I never understood the need to follow the bad ending, because it is SO bad with the characters that you have grown to love.

But well, the canon of the story is the bad ending, I have accepted it,
Let me clear out something - the "good" ending of WW ends in a loop - Amelia gets sent back, she has a child, marries Jack and goes to the space station and there is an incident (where Spaced Out begins), so unless I make a re-creation of Spaced Out (not that I haven't thought about it ;)) this can't be the canon of the story if it were to continue.

That being said, it makes little difference given what I'm about to share in my next post...

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
game_menu.png

Hi all,

I know it's been long since I've posted but there is a good reason for that. For a month I had nothing to share. Actually 'nothing' is not the correct word here - during that time I've written three different versions for the next update of TNG (dialogue, scenes, everything), but after each one of them was finished I just deleted it and started all over. I've always thought that "writer's block" means that you can't write anything for the next chapter, not that you can write a bunch of different things and none of them to be good enough.

At the end of March I finally figured out I can't continue like that - I need a break from the "Spaced Out" saga and its sequels, so I've tried to go back to "Island 34". It didn't work out. I took a couple of days break from the games to clear my mind and asked myself what's wrong. All the answers were pointing to a single issue - I'm feeling forced to come up with something which will move the story from A to B and so on until I eventually reach Z. That's not what I want to do.

I know some creators have been suffering from mental issues due to the stress, etc. and let me tell you something - that's a real threat. You feel that you can't deliver on time, every second you get free, you spend thinking about what you can do for the game. Most of the adult content creators are doing this as a side-project or a hobby and it's supposed to be a fun activity, not something that will consume you.

Unfortunately I feel I've reached that point with the SO/WW/SG1/TNG saga. I need to stop before I grow hating it because it would mean that one of us *has* to kill the other. I want to do something new that I would enjoy doing - after all creating adult games is a hobby, not a job for me.

So I looked back trying to find what I enjoyed most since I started making the games in the summer of 2017. For almost five years (wow, it's been really that long ago) I've had most fun in the early days of WW. A story-light game, no stress involved - just the fun of writing plots to get you laid with the girls on the ship. Of course there was always the "main" story which would eventually get you to reunite with Amelia and Rebecca, but it was a secondary thing with just hints being added here and there.

So three weeks ago I started doing something new. Something that I (and hopefully you) would enjoy. In fact for the last three weeks I've been creating characters, writing plot lines, making renders and here are the links for the prologue for 'The Cruise':

PC version:

MAC version:

Please keep in mind that this is just a "demo" - there is no actual "gameplay" yet, so if you make any saves (although I can't imagine why you'd want to do that), they will not work for the next version.

ElTioPaco

Apr 8, 2018
Let me clear out something - the "good" ending of WW ends in a loop - Amelia gets sent back, she has a child, marries Jack and goes to the space station and there is an incident (where Spaced Out begins), so unless I make a re-creation of Spaced Out (not that I haven't thought about it ;)) this can't be the canon of the story if it were to continue.

That being said, it makes little difference given what I'm about to share in my next post...
Thanks for your answer, I've been a big fan of your work, and as I said before SO shock me, WW had its good things and its bad things (I didn't like that suddenly the whole part of the boat with the girls dissapear of the game)

And as I said, I downloaded SG1, but honestly, I didn't expect the game to evolve

So personally I encourage you to continue with your demo of the new game (which I will download as soon as I can), because perhaps the problem with the SO saga is precisely that you are running out of ideas, as I already told you, SG1 I did not finish it, Greg and the team that I loved so much, were beginning to disgust me too much.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
View attachment 1776468

Hi all,

I know it's been long since I've posted but there is a good reason for that. For a month I had nothing to share. Actually 'nothing' is not the correct word here - during that time I've written three different versions for the next update of TNG (dialogue, scenes, everything), but after each one of them was finished I just deleted it and started all over. I've always thought that "writer's block" means that you can't write anything for the next chapter, not that you can write a bunch of different things and none of them to be good enough.

At the end of March I finally figured out I can't continue like that - I need a break from the "Spaced Out" saga and its sequels, so I've tried to go back to "Island 34". It didn't work out. I took a couple of days break from the games to clear my mind and asked myself what's wrong. All the answers were pointing to a single issue - I'm feeling forced to come up with something which will move the story from A to B and so on until I eventually reach Z. That's not what I want to do.

I know some creators have been suffering from mental issues due to the stress, etc. and let me tell you something - that's a real threat. You feel that you can't deliver on time, every second you get free, you spend thinking about what you can do for the game. Most of the adult content creators are doing this as a side-project or a hobby and it's supposed to be a fun activity, not something that will consume you.

Unfortunately I feel I've reached that point with the SO/WW/SG1/TNG saga. I need to stop before I grow hating it because it would mean that one of us *has* to kill the other. I want to do something new that I would enjoy doing - after all creating adult games is a hobby, not a job for me.

So I looked back trying to find what I enjoyed most since I started making the games in the summer of 2017. For almost five years (wow, it's been really that long ago) I've had most fun in the early days of WW. A story-light game, no stress involved - just the fun of writing plots to get you laid with the girls on the ship. Of course there was always the "main" story which would eventually get you to reunite with Amelia and Rebecca, but it was a secondary thing with just hints being added here and there.

So three weeks ago I started doing something new. Something that I (and hopefully you) would enjoy. In fact for the last three weeks I've been creating characters, writing plot lines, making renders and here are the links for the prologue for 'The Cruise':

PC version:
Mega

MAC version:
Mega

Please keep in mind that this is just a "demo" - there is no actual "gameplay" yet, so if you make any saves (although I can't imagine why you'd want to do that), they will not work for the next version.
Does it suck that you are putting a pin in TNG for now? Yes.
Do we understand why? For most of us, very much so.
We wish you the best, and hope that you are able to come back to this with as much vigor and gusto you've had before. But something new from you is always welcome, too. At least you are not ghosting your fans and patreons like so many others have in the past and you are still enjoying your hobby as much as we do.
So, for all those who will undoubtedly start crying and complaining, y'all need to shut up. The man needs to take some time away from it. We all have those days where we just want to say to hell with it and do something else.
To you, Ranger, I say take as much time as you need to figure out how you want to continue this saga, and do you.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Does it suck that you are putting a pin in TNG for now? Yes.
Do we understand why? For most of us, very much so.
We wish you the best, and hope that you are able to come back to this with as much vigor and gusto you've had before. But something new from you is always welcome, too. At least you are not ghosting your fans and patreons like so many others have in the past and you are still enjoying your hobby as much as we do.
So, for all those who will undoubtedly start crying and complaining, y'all need to shut up. The man needs to take some time away from it. We all have those days where we just want to say to hell with it and do something else.
To you, Ranger, I say take as much time as you need to figure out how you want to continue this saga, and do you.
I know what to do with the Spaced Out saga - it's just that I feel I can't do it the way I want to do it. Up until now, when I start a new game, I have the ending in my head. So each update is just a step towards that. And that's the problem - even though as a player I enjoy playing sandbox types of games and this is what I want to create, I end up making some weird VN / sandbox hybrid which has almost no sandbox elements like repeating events, etc. and looks like and awkward VN.

Huge spoiler ahead!

At the end of the first part of SG-1 I looked back and realized that lots of things I wanted to do with it were sacrificed to move the story with each update. It's kind-of what happened with the second part of WW. So I thought I can take the tiny bit of the story at New Gaia and make a proper sandbox game. Needless to say, it didn't work out as expected (or else I wouldn't be writing this post). Turns out it's much more difficult to blow up a tiny story out of proportion than I thought. I wrote an update which reunites you with the rest of the crew, then decided it's way too fast, wrote an update which had nothing to do with them, decided that it's too "unlogical" since the main driver for the player should be finding Amelia, not screwing around. Then I wrote a version where you start to learn about the true state of the colony and again decided it's not good because it's "the big secret" and you can't have that unveiled in the beginning of the game.

The rest is pretty much already said in my previous post. I started hating the whole thing and decided it's better to move away for a while just not to reach the point where I just say "fuck it" and never look at it again. I needed something fresh and something that I would enjoy doing and do it at my own pace. It might not be "original" or "realistic" or whatever someone might say, but at the end of the day, it's my creation, if you like it - you know how to support it, if you don't - find something that you like. All I know is that I sleep better at nights for the past couple of weeks ;) .

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
1090711_sg-1_banner.jpg
[Ren'Py]
This is the Italian translation of Stellargate 1 [Season 1 Complete]

Unzip the .rar file - copy/paste the game folder into the game directory, replace when asked.
**This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan"**

Reactions: Kagrra

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so this is on hold until dev finishes lewd high seas and maybe will be on hold after that since trapped in new gaia is on hold.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
so this is on hold until dev finishes lewd high seas and maybe will be on hold after that since trapped in new gaia is on hold.
SG-1 (season 1) is not on hold, it's complete. TNG is the next season of SG-1. I've posted the reasons for stopping the work on SO/WW/SG-1/TNG saga in that thread.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
How's work on The Cruise going?
I'm currently working on v0.3. Also some people here pointed out there is already a game named "The Cruise", so to avoid confusion, I changed the name to Lewd High Seas.
The gameplay is different from what WW had with "quests" for each girl rather than just small stories. This way it will be more non-linear since they will rarely depend on each other. The next version should be out by the end of August since it's a rather big one with lots of images and animations that need to be rendered. Here is one of my favorites:

q mary p 4 20.png

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
I'm currently working on v0.3. Also some people here pointed out there is already a game named "The Cruise", so to avoid confusion, I changed the name to Lewd High Seas.
The gameplay is different from what WW had with "quests" for each girl rather than just small stories. This way it will be more non-linear since they will rarely depend on each other. The next version should be out by the end of August since it's a rather big one with lots of images and animations that need to be rendered. Here is one of my favorites:

View attachment 1949981

Groovy. I quite liked WW, especially the boat section. Yeah it was a lot of non-story important 'filler' but, ya know, it was damn fun filler. :)

Reactions: Ranger

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
SG-1 (season 1) is not on hold, it's complete. TNG is the next season of SG-1. I've posted the reasons for stopping the work on SO/WW/SG-1/TNG saga in that thread.
I know you've put this project on hold but would it be possible to get all the missing character images for season 1? Starting in like ep 6 or 7 you'll see some occasional missing images because it seems your team's file naming scheme changed partway through SG-1 but when you hit ep 9 they are genuinely missing including the entire directory for Zeus.

As a side note a suggestion on game design. If you're gonna have such a heavy focus on times of day where characters move to different locations of the game map put a time advance button on the map screen. Don't force an endless stream of unnecessary clicks to go from the map into a location to advance time then back to the map to see where the characters have moved to and if any events are available then back to a location to advance time again.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018

View attachment 1949981
Hey Ranger. You gonna share Lewd High Seas on here, or is it Patreon exclusive? I enjoyed the prologue. Would love to play more of it. Thanks. And keep up the great work!

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
i found this incest patch on lewdpatcher
but didn't try it yet is it missing from op thread or what?
In Spaced Out, Amillia was the MC's mother. (sorry, having trouble remembering how to spell their names. LoL). The woman with the scar is his aunt. Then, in Water World, the MC impregnates a young Amillia. Who at the end gives birth to the MC.
So, even though they don't say anything in this game, going by the past ones, they are related still.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote