Unity Steps 4 Happiness [v0.2.2.1] [MaliXe]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
So quirky but cute characters. Now the things that kind of irk me. I am usually wanting to be my alter ego not Brendon. Self pleasure has no money shot, no money shots at all from what I have seen. But the thing that got me to comment and walk away for a bit. Slow and clunky, the outside of the house load screen every time you do something is seriously shit on a stick for me.
I have ideas to create more immersive games in the future, but this one I chose to distance the player from the characters a little, even because it's something you don't see much. I also don't like how often the transitions go, but I'm still thinking of alternatives. This is my first game and everything is still a little experimental, so a lot of things will change by the time the game is finished.

hello thank you for the originality of the game, one question, when is the next update? thank you :giggle:
You're welcome. I'm glad you liked my game. I don't want to risk a date because it will be very difficult for me to comply. At the moment I don't have a steady job so I have very little stability on time to work on the game.

But I started the most important step which is the editing of scenes. I made changes to the appearance of the characters that so far have been approved by my supporters. I am now working on the playable demo and if the feedback is positive all the pieces will be ready to be assembled.

pepiteaux12

Nov 8, 2017
I have ideas to create more immersive games in the future, but this one I chose to distance the player from the characters a little, even because it's something you don't see much. I also don't like how often the transitions go, but I'm still thinking of alternatives. This is my first game and everything is still a little experimental, so a lot of things will change by the time the game is finished.

You're welcome. I'm glad you liked my game. I don't want to risk a date because it will be very difficult for me to comply. At the moment I don't have a steady job so I have very little stability on time to work on the game.

But I started the most important step which is the editing of scenes. I made changes to the appearance of the characters that so far have been approved by my supporters. I am now working on the playable demo and if the feedback is positive all the pieces will be ready to be assembled.
:)Good luck to you ,I see that it is a little bit the same everywhere, I know what it is to be an applicant of amploie and thank you for the answer and let's say surprised for the next one and thank you again :geek:

Sorry Deepl Traduction :p

Reactions: MaliXe

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I'm at a point where I can't figure out what to do. I don't see a bubble that is supposed to give a hint, and it no longer lets me click on myself to "think", so it will tell me what to do next.
It looks great. But, at the current state, a walkthrough is still not a bad idea.

Aside from that, the controls are a bit slow, at least to me.
Click on a location, then click a command, then either wait for the animation or just click a 3rd time to skip the animation...and the moving camera is messing with my head (it's just me, of course. I get sick sometimes with VR, and even regular 1st person games. Just something that I have to deal with lol). Not sure if this is a viable option, but maybe giving the option to turn the moving camera on or off would be a cool idea. I don't know how easy or difficult that would be, but just a thought.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
I'm at a point where I can't figure out what to do. I don't see a bubble that is supposed to give a hint, and it no longer lets me click on myself to "think", so it will tell me what to do next.
It looks great. But, at the current state, a walkthrough is still not a bad idea.

Aside from that, the controls are a bit slow, at least to me.
Click on a location, then click a command, then either wait for the animation or just click a 3rd time to skip the animation...and the moving camera is messing with my head (it's just me, of course. I get sick sometimes with VR, and even regular 1st person games. Just something that I have to deal with lol). Not sure if this is a viable option, but maybe giving the option to turn the moving camera on or off would be a cool idea. I don't know how easy or difficult that would be, but just a thought.
Hi, I'm glad you liked my game, and thank you for the tips. The deal with the walkthrough is that my time is still pretty limited to spend on something other than game development. When someone complains about getting stuck, I prefer to refine the mechanics and internal hints to improve the experience.

Not to mention, I am one of those who consider the necessity of walkthrough a design flaw. I know there are great games where you always need to be looking at the pdf to go forward, but I think these games would be better if the developer came up with ways to avoid that, and that's what I'm trying to do here.

So, if you describe the point where you had difficulty, I can tell you what to do, and I will refine my game to prevent others from having the same problem.

I got this about the three clicks, and I intend to improve on that. About the camera, I can put a slider in the settings to control the speed of movements, and you can set it to zero for a static camera. I've already put that on my to-do list. ;)

Reactions: FookU2

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hi, I'm glad you liked my game, and thank you for the tips. The deal with the walkthrough is that my time is still pretty limited to spend on something other than game development. When someone complains about getting stuck, I prefer to refine the mechanics and internal hints to improve the experience.

Not to mention, I am one of those who consider the necessity of walkthrough a design flaw. I know there are great games where you always need to be looking at the pdf to go forward, but I think these games would be better if the developer came up with ways to avoid that, and that's what I'm trying to do here.

So, if you describe the point where you had difficulty, I can tell you what to do, and I will refine my game to prevent others from having the same problem.

I got this about the three clicks, and I intend to improve on that. About the camera, I can put a slider in the settings to control the speed of movements, and you can set it to zero for a static camera. I've already put that on my to-do list. ;)
I think it was day 2 or 3. Not sure, really. I had done breakfast and/or dinner with everyone, and slept..had already peeped on the daughter in the bathroom a couple times, and chatted with her. I walked around the house, clicked on things, and never found anything new to do. At first I was able to click on myself and get a hint, by clicking "think", but then it just stopped allowing me to even do that. And the dialogue didn't tell me anything. Maybe I accidentally skipped some dialogue. Not sure at this point. I just decided to delete it and wait for a couple future updates and check back.
Having normal every day life is understandable. And you need to work at your own comfortable pace to ensure the quality of the game and prevent burnout.
The game looks great. As far as artwork, it's definitely one of the better ones on here.
Keep it up. I'll check back at a later date. Maybe my money will be back to normal at that time and I'll be able to start donating again. This is definitely one I could see myself throwing some money on, if life just stops kicking my ass. lol

Vollhonk

Aug 30, 2017
... I walked around the house, clicked on things, and never found anything new to do ...
One time i had a similar problem. On day one I let Brendon take a shower and use the towel, resulting in the daytime being too early for the next event...
I forwarded time by entering an leaving Brendon´s room until the next event triggered...
Then I had a huge facepalm moment and found the forward button... o_O

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
I think it was day 2 or 3. Not sure, really. I had done breakfast and/or dinner with everyone, and slept..had already peeped on the daughter in the bathroom a couple times, and chatted with her. I walked around the house, clicked on things, and never found anything new to do. At first I was able to click on myself and get a hint, by clicking "think", but then it just stopped allowing me to even do that. And the dialogue didn't tell me anything. Maybe I accidentally skipped some dialogue. Not sure at this point. I just decided to delete it and wait for a couple future updates and check back.
Having normal every day life is understandable. And you need to work at your own comfortable pace to ensure the quality of the game and prevent burnout.
The game looks great. As far as artwork, it's definitely one of the better ones on here.
Keep it up. I'll check back at a later date. Maybe my money will be back to normal at that time and I'll be able to start donating again. This is definitely one I could see myself throwing some money on, if life just stops kicking my ass. lol
I know what it's like to have your ass kicked until you don't have money for anything. This month I'm just not in a worse situation, thanks to my supporters of this game. Developing this game has been my anchor and my daily therapy. And when someone likes my work, it makes me very happy.

One time i had a similar problem. On day one I let Brendon take a shower and use the towel, resulting in the daytime being too early for the next event...
I forwarded time by entering an leaving Brendon´s room until the next event triggered...
Yes, I put the forward button precisely because the game still has little content and many moments there is nothing to do. I intend that as content is added, this button will lose its usefulness.

Perhaps a simple message at the beginning of the game pointing to the button will avoid the problem you had. I will think what to do about it.

Reactions: FookU2

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I too found the forward button. It too did nothing. Game was deleted, though. So doesn't matter now. I'll be back in future updates. The game looks good. I'd be interested to see how it develops in the future.

siouxst

Feb 16, 2018
I can say I am impressed so far, I remember looking at this when it was first released and the graphics where meh... now they look pretty good and the story is defiantly interesting. Looking forward to seeing more and throwing some Patreon cash that way.

• Red Heart

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
For those who want to know how the work is going, I've released an exclusive demo for supporters, it contains a playable scene that features new mechanics and a bonus scene. Three new characters appear in this demo. Follow links:

Last edited:
May 19, 2019
For those who want to know how the work is going, I've released an exclusive demo for supporters, it contains a playable scene that features new mechanics and a bonus scene. Three new characters appear in this demo. Follow links:

Any chance you can give a little spoiler on if we see Nicole nude this time around?? And I mean really nude.. not any of that day dream stuff

Jonah Arkon

Sep 22, 2017
Just finished playing, and I am very interested in seeing what happens next. I will have to run through it again just to make sure I was able to find all the possibilities. Really enjoyed the mechanics and animation of the game, along with the story lines. There are several possibility, but I look forward to see where you take this great production and grand work.
True there may be several things your unhappy about, or may not like but over all it is very well done. Very happy to see a new take on a game and I hope to see more. Waiting for the next update. Thanks so much for your time and effort MaliXe

• Red Heart

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Just finished playing, and I am very interested in seeing what happens next. I will have to run through it again just to make sure I was able to find all the possibilities. Really enjoyed the mechanics and animation of the game, along with the story lines. There are several possibility, but I look forward to see where you take this great production and grand work.
True there may be several things your unhappy about, or may not like but over all it is very well done. Very happy to see a new take on a game and I hope to see more. Waiting for the next update. Thanks so much for your time and effort MaliXe
You're welcome. I'm glad you liked my game.

At the moment it's complicated for me to talk about release dates, but I started testing for the next update, it will bring the next chapter of the story, new characters, and improvements to the previous chapter. So keep an eye out. ;)

CloudX

Oct 14, 2017
I really like the unusual art style!
I was also surprised by the pact that the mc made with nicole and that was what sold me on this game!
I'd really like to know if nicole will actually get fucked by the mc's dad or if the mc himself will do it!
Also I'd love to see more of Nicole doing stuff online, like taking risky photos or eventually doing a camshow or something!

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
I really like the unusual art style!
I was also surprised by the pact that the mc made with nicole and that was what sold me on this game!
I'd really like to know if nicole will actually get fucked by the mc's dad or if the mc himself will do it!
Also I'd love to see more of Nicole doing stuff online, like taking risky photos or eventually doing a camshow or something!
I'm glad you liked it. I've already planned some things online for the future. Camshow is a good idea, I'll keep that in mind.

================================

I made some improvements to the game's navigation, now if there is only one option in the hotspot, this option's icon appears on the cursor and you only need to click it once. The menu only appears if there is more than one option.

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes