Unity Steps 4 Happiness [v0.2.2.1] [MaliXe]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Grevloc

Mar 29, 2019
so the ''its would be great to call penny.... i should text her from my phone'' is the end for now?
if so it would be nice to have something to notify its the end

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
Great game, loved it and look forward to more. The only major gripe I have with it is how I'm forced to watch the 5s long transition every time I pass time. It feels really unnecessary.

Edit: Oh also slight bug I just found: if you go back to the main menu while in game, you will not be able to go back into the game without first quitting the game. This applies to both loading and starting a new game.

Last edited:

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
So this patch or update don’t have new story scenes? only new animated credits scenes? :( please make more story scenes i want to see more of mc mother or sister <3
This update only has one new secret scene, but the previous update that was exclusive to supporters has 20 new scenes, so there are 21 new scenes and a lot of new stuff for those who only played the last public update.

==========================================

Cringe... not really sure where this one is headed by the way it ended but it would improve for me if the Dad was out of the picture. The MC saying "Yeah he's not such a bad guy..." After he explained what happened to his mom... I feel like that was way to quick of a turnaround and maybe should have been a player choice mend things with Dad or not.... but then acting as if him and the dad are good but still planning to fuck his new wife, can we say contradiction? IDK I think the writer needs to review what they are writing... also the two red head sisters are two of the ugliest characters I have ever seen in a lewd game... please stop making me text that girl... give us a choice dev... put more control in the players hands... stop forcing things on us. I will try one more update to see what happens but it's kind of a last shot to see if there is a choice for MC or if all actions and scenes are forced also the step sis shouldn't be thinking of Dad at all... he's not the MC... hopefully these issues get fixed but if not oh well onto something else.

Brendon's development with his father takes place in conversations the two have on the living room sofa. My idea is that these conversations would be optional in Brendon's path, but implied in Nicole's path. Due to lack of time, I didn't add these conversations, but I intend to add these even before releasing the third chapter.

About the redhead sisters, it will not be necessary to touch them until the end of the game. Penny only shows up on your phone because you chose to flirt as soon as she showed up. But the texting her part is really bad, I'm sorry about that, it's a lot to think about and I'm just one. This will be fixed by the next update, I promise.

the game is great, but i think i'm stuck, you should add a tutorial or something, in steps 2 after nicole get caught in the shower by his step-father, idk where to go... i change characters, pass time, try to talk, i'm on day 199 and idk what to do...
I think this is the end for now.
so the ''its would be great to call penny.... i should text her from my phone'' is the end for now?
if so it would be nice to have something to notify its the end

There's a final scene and the credits indicate that you've completed Step 2. If after the shower scene with the stepfather the final scene doesn't appear in a few days then there are still things for Brendon to do.

Have you seen the anime with Nicole? Did you take Misty to the movies? Did you watch the second season of the anime with Nicole? If you did all this then we found an error, I would like to see your save files.

Great game, loved it and look forward to more. The only major gripe I have with it is how I'm forced to watch the 5s long transition every time I pass time. It feels really unnecessary.

Edit: Oh also slight bug I just found: if you go back to the main menu while in game, you will not be able to go back into the game without first quitting the game. This applies to both loading and starting a new game.
I'm glad you liked it. Transition is when the game is processing, so at least a second or two needs to take place. But I'll try to take the other 3 seconds on the shortest time transitions.

Thanks for letting me know about this problem, this bug is too ugly for me to have allowed it to pass. Shame on me. :cry:

Reactions: Stupidkiller

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Is there a way to lock fps? i'm getting like 6k and my cpu is going 85oC
VSync is supposed to limit the fps to "medium", "hard" and "ultra" quality. If you are playing in "low" quality, try putting it on "medium". Is this the case?

Reactions: VermillioN

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
So...wait wait. MaliXe The description makes it sound like you actually set this up to be any genre? Basically you could be choosing the dad to be the dilf MC that NTRs the son with the mom and the daughter or vice versa with the son doing the same? Set them up to fail so another path can be promoted? Is this what the game is about? Exploring the various endings at ones own leisure of obvious choice?
If that is true, then I know what I would do - bwahahaha :D
The way I programmed my game doesn't work in a tree of choices, each choice generates conditions for the progression of the story, so I can create a lot of endings that can be activated depending on a number of conditions.

But I have to create a story to generate these conditions and I have been working with two endings in mind, others will emerge during development.

At least for this game, I don't want a bad ending for any of the main characters, maybe later I'll create another game and focus on NTR if this one works and if there's demand. I would even need another writer because I'm not an "NTR person", I'm more of a "swing person".

Dec 11, 2021
Hmm I got stuck after the shower scene with Nicole. I've watched the first anime. Does he leave the house to get the 2nd anime and take Misty on a date. I've switched between both characters and they just skip forward to the next day. Tried to interact with everything and there's nothing to do and there are no hints.

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
MaliXe I can't reach the end scene that should transition to end of the update and credits, that being that scene with Brandom talking to Nicole in her room and everything that should transpire after that. Gotta mention that i could trigger this last scene when choosing Nicole's friend as date for cinema, but couldn't with redhead that can lead to foursome. After that i'm stuck.
Either i forgot i have to do something or choosing other girl for the date somehow bugs triggering of the last scene in Nicole's bedroom.

Reactions: MaliXe

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
i did, but game crashed when credits started to roll. i hate all the anime stuff, but i got short breath when nicole and jane started making out. please more of this. this was so incredible hot. :love:
I didn't find anything that could have caused the game to crash at this point in the game. Please let me know if the problem persists.

Hmm I got stuck after the shower scene with Nicole. I've watched the first anime. Does he leave the house to get the 2nd anime and take Misty on a date. I've switched between both characters and they just skip forward to the next day. Tried to interact with everything and there's nothing to do and there are no hints.
MaliXe I can't reach the end scene that should transition to end of the update and credits, that being that scene with Brandom talking to Nicole in her room and everything that should transpire after that. Gotta mention that i could trigger this last scene when choosing Nicole's friend as date for cinema, but couldn't with redhead that can lead to foursome. After that i'm stuck.
Either i forgot i have to do something or choosing other girl for the date somehow bugs triggering of the last scene in Nicole's bedroom.
I think you still have to call Penny over for the weekend. If you've already done that, it's really a game error. I'm trying to track down any loose ends.

I put these conditions for the final scene only in this update, and it was not a good idea. From the next update, it will be possible to completely ignore Penny and the anime quest.

Dec 11, 2021
I didn't find anything that could have caused the game to crash at this point in the game. Please let me know if the problem persists.

I think you still have to call Penny over for the weekend. If you've already done that, it's really a game error. I'm trying to track down any loose ends.

I put these conditions for the final scene only in this update, and it was not a good idea. From the next update, it will be possible to completely ignore Penny and the anime quest.
Alright. Thanks. I'll wait to see if there's a hotfix. I can only get Penny over for "technical help." I seem to be at a dead end.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Brand new game, just released, and the first screenshot already enters overdone tropesville.

I take it this is supposed to be an incest game, this is usually the first sign of an incest game. Nothing says you love your family more than shower spying and i'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark that sleep rape will come up soon.
Go back to tumblr.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
This update only has one new secret scene, but the previous update that was exclusive to supporters has 20 new scenes, so there are 21 new scenes and a lot of new stuff for those who only played the last public update.

Brendon's development with his father takes place in conversations the two have on the living room sofa. My idea is that these conversations would be optional in Brendon's path, but implied in Nicole's path. Due to lack of time, I didn't add these conversations, but I intend to add these even before releasing the third chapter.

About the redhead sisters, it will not be necessary to touch them until the end of the game. Penny only shows up on your phone because you chose to flirt as soon as she showed up. But the texting her part is really bad, I'm sorry about that, it's a lot to think about and I'm just one. This will be fixed by the next update, I promise.

There's a final scene and the credits indicate that you've completed Step 2. If after the shower scene with the stepfather the final scene doesn't appear in a few days then there are still things for Brendon to do.

Have you seen the anime with Nicole? Did you take Misty to the movies? Did you watch the second season of the anime with Nicole? If you did all this then we found an error, I would like to see your save files.

I'm glad you liked it. Transition is when the game is processing, so at least a second or two needs to take place. But I'll try to take the other 3 seconds on the shortest time transitions.

Thanks for letting me know about this problem, this bug is too ugly for me to have allowed it to pass. Shame on me. :cry:
I didn't flirt with her though and she still showed up in my phone. Then her sister forced me to go on that date to set her up with the cousin... also it would have been better if MC could have stayed in step sis's room to watch the hentai but she kicked him out...

Reactions: MaliXe

Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021
did the Dev ever answer on the question of "why the fuck you need to wait 7 seconds each time?" with that house day/night cycle bs...

is this a game engine problem or a way to piss people off because it's a way to increase the game time for the player? this is one of the most anti player mechanic I've ever seen a game.

breathe

Nov 4, 2020
did the Dev ever answer on the question of "why the fuck you need to wait 7 seconds each time?" with that house day/night cycle bs...

is this a game engine problem or a way to piss people off because it's a way to increase the game time for the player? this is one of the most anti player mechanic I've ever seen a game.
I agree, the 7-second transitions are extremely annoying.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019

Yes, I explained that the transition occurs during processing, but it is also indicative of the passage of time, or to show that the character has changed locations. I'm going to eliminate the outside image in a short passage to the same location and I'm going to shorten the crossfade time, which should make it less annoying. But even without the transition you will still get a black screen which will take a second depending on your system.

Edit: Now I've made these changes and it's really much better. I think I had optimized the processing a long time ago and the long transitions are no longer necessary. There are so many things to solve that I end up missing something so obvious (I also like to hear the music playing as the sun rises, I won't lie, I use the development of this game to de-stress myself from problems). Thanks to you and the others who pointed this issue out to me.

Game is fun. Good job.
Really enjoyable to play, i hope the next update doesn't take too long. Keep up!
Thanks. I'm glad you guys had fun with my game. I will follow a different strategy for updates, so there will be in-game content added before I can post the third chapter. We are also getting close to the goal I set on Patreon to start working exclusively on the game and if that happens the updates will accelerate a lot.

I will release an update soon fixing the issues that are presenting me. There really is a dead end if you choose Penny. I totally eliminated the need for the anime quest, fixing this. I also fixed the problem that crashed after returning to the main menu and I have already eliminated the repeats on the phone for Penny.

Last edited:
Reactions: srg91 and breathe
4.50 star(s) 11 Votes