Unity Steps 4 Happiness [v0.2.2.1] [MaliXe]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Taramanda

Oct 6, 2017
I reached the end of the current content and it's a pretty good game , I really like the chara design, the animation and the characters is cool, I just have some point that can be improved, sometimes it's not really obvious you have to change characters to progress the plot, maybe an auto switch on the right character or an think could be an idea, also adding an gallery would be perfect, I currently have many save for replay animation but it's not really convenient. I gonne keep this game an eye, on keep up the good work! :)(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: MaliXe

carnage655

Jan 29, 2018
I expected nothing and got a pretty good game, the animations are a bit wonky sometimes but other than that it has interesting story, some good sex scenes. I like it, cant wait for next update.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
  • Red Heart
Reactions: lol internet

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
I reached the end of the current content and it's a pretty good game , I really like the chara design, the animation and the characters is cool, I just have some point that can be improved, sometimes it's not really obvious you have to change characters to progress the plot, maybe an auto switch on the right character or an think could be an idea, also adding an gallery would be perfect, I currently have many save for replay animation but it's not really convenient. I gonne keep this game an eye, on keep up the good work! :)(y)
I expected nothing and got a pretty good game, the animations are a bit wonky sometimes but other than that it has interesting story, some good sex scenes. I like it, cant wait for next update.
I'm glad you guys are enjoying my game. I've been told that it was confusing to know when to change characters, I'll add some tips. I do intend to make a gallery in the future along with some unlockable extras to access from outside the game.

I will improve the animations as time goes on, a lot of the story in my head is in the acting of the characters, and getting decent animation is very important to make it come to life.

By the way, I'm glad you're enjoying the story. Thanks and keep an eye out.

Reactions: Meowmadam

Meowmadam

Nov 9, 2021
This game is very good. I like the character design, outfits, scenes, music.

Feedback
  1. Add option to customize the main character's looks (such as clothing, hair, genitalia, size, eyes)
  2. The garden outside the house looks very plain
  3. Add a quest list to the cellphone
  4. Make it an open world with a city map so we can visit places when we want.
  5. Jobs to earn money
  6. Add more characters to talk to in the city such as adult workers.
  7. Add option to skip day-night transition
  8. Add menu option or on the bed to redo unlocked adult scenes.
  9. Maybe add some fetishes.
  10. Add option to use the toilet in the bathroom.
  11. Need much more, unlimited save slots.
  12. Add more options when calling Penny.
  13. Misty's nipple textures are blurry.

Last edited:

dark5ide

Dec 29, 2019
I've been having a bug issue as well

Namely
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Been able to replicate it each time. After the above event I'm just stuck :/

Last edited:

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
This game is very good. I like the character design, outfits, scenes, music.

Feedback
  1. Add option to customize the main character's looks (such as clothing, hair, genitalia, size, eyes)
  2. The garden outside the house looks very plain
  3. Add a quest list to the cellphone
  4. Make it an open world with a city map so we can visit places when we want.
  5. Jobs to earn money
  6. Add more characters to talk to in the city such as adult workers.
  7. Add option to skip day-night transition
  8. Add menu option or on the bed to redo unlocked adult scenes.
  9. Maybe add some fetishes.
  10. Add option to use the toilet in the bathroom.
  11. Need much more, unlimited save slots.
  12. Add more options when calling Penny.
  13. Misty's nipple textures are blurry.
I'm glad you liked it and thanks for the feedback. I plan to add some of these things along the way. Character textures and internal and external scenarios I intend to solve even before the next chapter.

when she is dancing in her room it's impressive and really funny <3 <3 <3
I love to see the characters dance. There will be more scenes like this in the future for sure.

I got stuck: where are Jane's panties?
lol you didn't spy she with father? then you take panties xD but i had the panties and it don't influences in game
Getting Jane's panties is essential just to be able to see the post-credits scene, but there are some complications along the way.

I've been having a bug issue as well

Namely

Been able to replicate it each time. After the above event I'm just stuck :/
I explain about this in a few posts ago, there is really a problem there. The update with corrections will probably come out tomorrow, but you can see the ending if you play again giving different answers during the anime quest.

Reactions: Meowmadam

dark5ide

Dec 29, 2019
I'm glad you liked it and thanks for the feedback. I plan to add some of these things along the way. Character textures and internal and external scenarios I intend to solve even before the next chapter.

I love to see the characters dance. There will be more scenes like this in the future for sure.

Getting Jane's panties is essential just to be able to see the post-credits scene, but there are some complications along the way.

I explain about this in a few posts ago, there is really a problem there. The update with corrections will probably come out tomorrow, but you can see the ending if you play again giving different answers during the anime quest.

Still no good. Answered different questions, unless there needed to be different questions given to angela? And the only other dialog choice I didnt change was that I gave the panties instead of being asked out on a date.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Still no good. Answered different questions, unless there needed to be different questions given to angela? And the only other dialog choice I didnt change was that I gave the panties instead of being asked out on a date.

None of this will be necessary after the update, but for now, it is.

Meowmadam

Nov 9, 2021
Thanks, will you also add more save slots (unlimited)?

lol you didn't spy she with father? then you take panties xD but i had the panties and it don't influences in game
Nevermind, I waited a few days with Nicole to see the next event.

Last edited:

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
MaliXe you should request ownership of this thread.

Other than that, great game, nice stylized graphics. But get your effing shaders etc in order! The game doesn't have to look like something from a Commodore Amiga, it is very edgy (maybe some better antialiasing). You can also make textures and shading look a lot better with Unity and also add some post processing, it will change the graphical quality of the game from "meh" to "yay!". With a little effort.

Where did you get your characters from? I am working on planning a game and they sort of suit my needs fine (not a competition project)

BTW you need hints from part 2 where you get control of the sister.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
This is quite unfortunate, but the application is not broken. ....

The solution would be for me to build a Linux system just to compile for Mac and Linux and then I'm sure I wouldn't have this problem. It turns out that at the moment I don't have any machine available to do this.

MaliXe

That really shouldn't be necessary. What error do you receive, if any?
I could maybe lend you a hand, also you don't need to "build" a Linux system, just use WSL 2 which you can run from any modern Windows computer. It will give you a desktop environment or a CLI terminal, based on the Linux release you install. Use Ubuntu (or Debian, which is basically the same) as that is the only supported platform for Unity.

PS: For some reason, the data.unity3d file is smaller in the Windows build. I'm not sure that they're supposed to be any different. The sharedassets files are exactly the same length.

Naybe we could test the linux build with the windows data.unity3d file if it won't with correct permissions.

Also, Unity games on Linux are only guaranteed to work on Ubuntu 10.04 or newer. You may need to set execute permissions for both the binary executable, and various files in the data/Managed, data/MonoBleedingEdge and data/Resources folders.

If you wish, I can take a look at it tomorrow.

For Ubuntu, if this works, we could pack the game in a .deb file and take care of all the permissions on install.

Last edited:

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
MaliXe you should request ownership of this thread.

Other than that, great game, nice stylized graphics. But get your effing shaders etc in order! The game doesn't have to look like something from a Commodore Amiga, it is very edgy (maybe some better antialiasing). You can also make textures and shading look a lot better with Unity and also add some post processing, it will change the graphical quality of the game from "meh" to "yay!". With a little effort.

Where did you get your characters from? I am working on planning a game and they sort of suit my needs fine (not a competition project)

BTW you need hints from part 2 where you get control of the sister.
Believe me, there is no "little effort" when working with shaders, especially in a project where the lighting is constantly changing like mine.

I've been working on new shaders for a few months to solve the problems of the current ones, I've already started to add the new lighting parameters in the game and the result has been very good.

By the way, this is the reason I haven't released the bug fixes yet, I had to readjust the lighting of each scene to fit the changes in the shader, but it was worth it.

I made my characters in Blender, genitals come from Daz, some hair comes from Make Human, some clothes too, others I borrowed from Mixamo, and others I made in Blender too. I've positioned the skin's UV maps in a way that makes it easier for me to use Daz textures. But I intend to redo everything in Blender (except the genitals maybe), and I feel like using hand-painted textures.

I don't know what it takes to request the ownership of this thread, are the instructions somewhere?

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
MaliXe

That really shouldn't be necessary. What error do you receive, if any?
I could maybe lend you a hand, also you don't need to "build" a Linux system, just use WSL 2 which you can run from any modern Windows computer. It will give you a desktop environment or a CLI terminal, based on the Linux release you install. Use Ubuntu (or Debian, which is basically the same) as that is the only supported platform for Unity.

PS: For some reason, the data.unity3d file is smaller in the Windows build. I'm not sure that they're supposed to be any different. The sharedassets files are exactly the same length.

Naybe we could test the linux build with the windows data.unity3d file if it won't with correct permissions.

Also, Unity games on Linux are only guaranteed to work on Ubuntu 10.04 or newer. You may need to set execute permissions for both the binary executable, and various files in the data/Managed, data/MonoBleedingEdge and data/Resources folders.

If you wish, I can take a look at it tomorrow.

For Ubuntu, if this works, we could pack the game in a .deb file and take care of all the permissions on install.
I used the Ubuntu terminal in WSL 2, it works previously but this time it made no difference. If you can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
I made my characters in Blender, genitals come from Daz, some hair comes from Make Human, some clothes too, others I borrowed from Mixa

I don't know what it takes to request the ownership of this thread, are the instructions somewhere?
Good thing about the shaders.
Perhaps I will contact you at a later point regarding characters. I don't believe I have the skills to do them myself.
Not sure what path to take either, but I think my game will become a lot like Sims in viewport except for sex actions.

I used the Ubuntu terminal in WSL 2, it works previously but this time it made no difference. If you can help me with this I would really appreciate it.
I will take a look asap. :)

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes