Unity Steps 4 Happiness [v0.2.2.1] [MaliXe]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
MaliXe

Did you update your Unity lately? I mean, since it last worked?

It seems there currently is a bug with Unity and Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
Whether or not any other version than the one you use (2020.3.25f1) works, or if the error is caused by Ubuntu (doubt it) I don't know.

I take it you also get the segmentation fault (core dumped) error.

I ran the executable with logging enabled, and got the attached.

The error may be caused by some incompatible code which is why you should take note of the last few log lines

You may want to file a bug report with Unity, or follow this thread:

PS: I tried this with Ubuntu in a VirtualBox environment but with hardware support. The unity_support_test tool reported full support for Unity on this platform when installed correctly.

Some write that the project should be built with custom parameter -nographics

There are lots of discussions by googling "unity segmentation fault core dumped ubuntu 20.04". But I am reading among others that if you for some reason use websockets in Unity, don't. That will crash the game on Linux.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaliXe

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
I posted the update with the bug fixes on , and .

Thank you cooperdk. I'll leave the Mac and Linux versions aside for now, while I analyze the situation and the information you left me here.

Reactions: Luciano

VertXXX

Feb 26, 2018
I found the outdoor transitions to be a bit obnoxiously long, especially with how often you have to encounter them, the time really adds up. So I made a quick patch to speed that up.

Just extract to the root of the game folder.

• Haha
Reactions: vmac

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
I found the outdoor transitions to be a bit obnoxiously long, especially with how often you have to encounter them, the time really adds up. So I made a quick patch to speed that up.

Just extract to the root of the game folder.

Sorry, but this has already been resolved in the bug fix posted above.

I'll ask the staff to update this thread.

Reactions: VertXXX

Xgzbvj

Aug 3, 2020
I don't understand how time works in this game. It seems really arbitrary when you advance to. I mostly just keep smashing forward in time, hoping things just happen.

Any chance of making the time advancing sequences skippable/shorter? They start to feel really long with as much time skipping as you have to do. I'm midway through step 2 and I feel like I spend most of my time just wandering around not able to interact with much of anything until the next event triggers, seemingly randomly.

I love the content in the game, it's just kind of tedious and confusing getting between interactions/objectives you've been tasked with. For example, I had the interaction with Nicole where I picked "bring her Jane's panties". I've been trying for something like 20 days to do this (I already collected them a few days prior while spying on her). I still haven't really been able to interact with Nicole. When I walk into her room, if she's there, she's standing directly behind Brendon and I can't click her.

I'm making steady progress, so I don't think I'm missing anything about how to play the game, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Ah, finished step 2. I never did complete the panty side quest (maybe it's not implemented yet? Or maybe I sequence broke it?). I got back on the plot and the final stretch was fun.

Last edited:

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
I don't understand how time works in this game. It seems really arbitrary when you advance to. I mostly just keep smashing forward in time, hoping things just happen.

Any chance of making the time advancing sequences skippable/shorter? They start to feel really long with as much time skipping as you have to do. I'm midway through step 2 and I feel like I spend most of my time just wandering around not able to interact with much of anything until the next event triggers, seemingly randomly.

I love the content in the game, it's just kind of tedious and confusing getting between interactions/objectives you've been tasked with. For example, I had the interaction with Nicole where I picked "bring her Jane's panties". I've been trying for something like 20 days to do this (I already collected them a few days prior while spying on her). I still haven't really been able to interact with Nicole. When I walk into her room, if she's there, she's standing directly behind Brendon and I can't click her.

I'm making steady progress, so I don't think I'm missing anything about how to play the game, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Ah, finished step 2. I never did complete the panty side quest (maybe it's not implemented yet? Or maybe I sequence broke it?). I got back on the plot and the final stretch was fun.
I'm glad you liked the content. I already shortened the transitions and made them less frequent, I posted an update with these and other fixes, I asked for this thread to be updated but it still hasn't been answered.

Here is the link with the update:

This isn't supposed to be the kind of game where you must click everywhere waiting for something to happen. Only in version 0.2.2.1 did I put conditions that prevented the game from proceeding, because I thought it would be a good idea to make sure the player sees more content (not a good idea). In the current version, you can even ignore the boxes in the bedroom and finish the game without meeting Wanda, Penny, Misty, or Chloe.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BadRobt

Dec 21, 2019
How do I leave the house or go to work? None of the doors let me go anywhere except the same rooms I have been visiting.
The redhead came and worked on my computer. How do I see more of her? Am I supposed to be working?
Thanks!
Great game so far!

Vollhonk

Aug 30, 2017
How do I leave the house or go to work? None of the doors let me go anywhere except the same rooms I have been visiting.
The redhead came and worked on my computer. How do I see more of her? Am I supposed to be working?
Thanks!
Great game so far!
You will leave the house automatically if a event in another location is triggered.
Work just a way to meet Penny for the first time in the current version.

JuanDomingo

May 20, 2018
Although this comes out of the intended plot (even the title is "Steps ...", get it?), I think can I do something along these lines if there is demand.
Great game! Is this offer still on the table? I would really love an incest mode.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Great game! Is this offer still on the table? I would really love an incest mode.
Thanks! I set a goal on SubscribeStar for me to start developing two spin-off games. I explain these two games at the end of this post:

But to explain, I don't think it's a good idea to change the parentage of the characters because it would be too confusing. Instead, I intend to create smaller games based on the other families. To start a game with Jason as the protagonist, where he interacts with his sister and mother, and a game in Angel's family, where you would control Angel's father interacting with his two daughters and wife.

Reactions: JuanDomingo

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
I started playing this game today
I really liked it.
I really liked Nicole :love:
she is very beautiful, has a perfect face and body
really wants to see sex Nicole and Brendon.
incest would be great, especially brother and sister.

• Red Heart

hieucamdau

Mar 20, 2019
although the graphic is not as good as other game, I really like the story of this game. I'm looking forward for the next update

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
although the graphic is not as good as other game, I really like the story of this game. I'm looking forward for the next update
While my game is obviously not the type that excels in graphics, I always had an intention to make it look like animated illustrations. I spent the last month focused on achieving this goal and I believe I finally did it. Well, this is what I had in mind from the beginning:

hieucamdau

Mar 20, 2019
While my game is obviously not the type that excels in graphics, I always had an intention to make it look like animated illustrations. I spent the last month focused on achieving this goal and I believe I finally did it. Well, this is what I had in mind from the beginning:

Great, i hope there will be an update soon

!BlackOmen!

Mar 16, 2019
You know you could add an Option in the game when you start the game the Title of what Role each character play's in the storyline
Like changing Step-Brother to Brother, and Step-Sister to Sister

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
You know you could add an Option in the game when you start the game the Title of what Role each character play's in the storyline
Like changing Step-Brother to Brother, and Step-Sister to Sister
I think this only works when the story is written with the characters in mind as blood relatives and the developer switches to "step-..." to suit Patreon's restrictions. In the case of Steps 4 Happiness, the idea from the beginning is that the characters are not related, hence the name of the game.

So this change would result in Brendon going to live with his father and mother and staying in the room that belonged to Brendon's sister's father who married Brendon's mother just a year ago, and it was at his parents' wedding that Brendon met her sister, and the problems this sister has to connect with people is the result of her being abandoned by her mother with her father when she was still a baby, even though she still lives with her mother and not with her father who divorced her mother, even though she lives with her father who is married to her mother. Do you understand what I mean?

If I succeed with S4H, I intend to make other games where the characters are already designed to be sons, daughters, mothers and fathers. But I would prefer to use SubscribeStar's freedom and already publish the characters with their correct parentage.

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes