Unity Steps 4 Happiness [v0.2.2.1] [MaliXe]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
beginning programmer here, ever since I joined this site, I have been learning about coding. am wondering why you are not using python. Although I have not gotten to the class that explains incorporating 3d models. However am looking forward to in learning more about 3daz, worldbuilder, and any aspects for the development of games, animation, and telling stories. I think you art work and program is well done. Look forward to your next update. thanks for your post too.
Thanks! I've tried to learn python several times, but it's just a while without using it and I forget everything and have to start from scratch. C# is more fixed in my head, even though it is a little more complicated. If you already know python and want to incorporate 3D in your games I believe it's worth giving the Godot engine a try.

Reactions: adelmilan

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
no new info of this game for 4 months?? :cry:
it's over man, just accept. 4 months no info + 1 year without update...
I released two updates after the one in this thread, one public with fixes and another with graphical improvements, plus a demo with the introduction of the third chapter.

I failed to be able to work on this project full time and it really messed up my deadline plans. More than that, I was trying to develop the game's editing tools at the same time as I was creating the game, which is like trying to cross a bridge at the same time as you're building it.

So after finishing the scenes of chapter 3 and realizing that a lot wasn't working I decided to finish building the bridge, including demolishing some sections to rebuild.

So the bridge is complete and I started to cross it again. In the last week I was able to work exclusively on the game with peace of mind, today I want to rest a little, but in the next few days, I will publicize the things that have been done and the ones that will be done in the following week.

I apologize for the lack of news, publishing regularly becomes a job that competes for time to work on the game. Also, I don't always have something interesting to show during the months I spend making the code work.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

pepiteaux12

Nov 8, 2017
Hello. I made several changes to how the game works for the content of this update and now I am applying these changes to the previous content in the game. So I'm having to redo several things, it's a job that I hadn't foreseen, but it's going to make a big difference. In the end, I will deliver a more beautiful game, more stable and with improved mechanics. Better than that, I'm optimizing the development process even more, so subsequent updates will take a lot less time. In other words, I'm doing my best to make this delay worth it, and I believe it will.
good luck and look forward to the next part :cool:;)

="Patience is a great and rare virtue, to know how to wait and mature, to correct oneself, to correct oneself and, as the apostle said, to strive for perfection
" (André Gide)

"sorry google translate"

Reactions: MaliXe

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
so, any news MaliXe ?
Unfortunately not yet. This month I had a lot of work demanding on another project and it messed up my plan to accelerate the development of S4H. I have decided not to collect February Patreon donations. This doesn't mean the project is on hold, I just can't avoid slow progress for now. I only intend to raise money from my patreons when I return to delivering content. Unfortunately, SubscribeStar doesn't give me the option to hold donations, I apologize, and I'll think of an alternative way to compensate those who support me there.

TomRiddle69

May 5, 2017
hello, what do i do? after the scene where the girl is in the shower instead of her mum, she could have a fantasy whilst spying in the kitchen bout the main protagonist and the mum. Then, nothing happens. Can just skip, change characters etc. Repeat penny scene, shower. Nothing else. Went to every room with both characters several times. Noithing new... Can somebody pls help? (There were already others days before when nothing went, then, after several days, suddenly a new event... I dont understand the logics of the game)

Only thing with charcters is that nicole can see mum and son now in kitchen, and he sees the mum. No interaction possible. Dont get it.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
hello, what do i do? after the scene where the girl is in the shower instead of her mum, she could have a fantasy whilst spying in the kitchen bout the main protagonist and the mum. Then, nothing happens. Can just skip, change characters etc. Repeat penny scene, shower. Nothing else. Went to every room with both characters several times. Noithing new... Can somebody pls help? (There were already others days before when nothing went, then, after several days, suddenly a new event... I dont understand the logics of the game)

Only thing with charcters is that nicole can see mum and son now in kitchen, and he sees the mum. No interaction possible. Dont get it.
After Nicole's shower scene, the final scene should follow, otherwise, you've encountered a bug. Are you playing version 0.2.2.1? These issues have been fixed in subsequent versions.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Error occurs when MC enters Nicole's bedroom in the morning
Apparently, you are playing version 0.2.2.1. I'm pretty sure I fixed this in version 0.2.2.2 and version 0.2.2.3. Anyway, I redid the game's entire system that positions the characters, so this bug is unlikely to appear in the following releases. But thanks for the warning, and also for your interest in my game.

Reactions: tiannanjianshen
May 19, 2019
Apparently, you are playing version 0.2.2.1. I'm pretty sure I fixed this in version 0.2.2.2 and version 0.2.2.3. Anyway, I redid the game's entire system that positions the characters, so this bug is unlikely to appear in the following releases. But thanks for the warning, and also for your interest in my game.
seeing you talk about version's 0.2.2.2 and 0.2.2.3 makes me feel like we are in need of an update on this page given we are 2 updates behind

Javichu

Jan 31, 2018
Hello,

I put here a screenshot of the creator's discord which explains a lot of things.

Kind regards

View attachment 2378549
really considerably don't charge patreons but it's so much time for update, and minus characters? this can be a problem. Everyone and i talk only for me want her sister and loved the game how it was, thanks for the updates and all but there are other games with high quality too ...

Myntz

Dec 15, 2022
Great game, just played through from a save and found scenes and things I missed on the first run, Looking forward to ch 3.

MisterreX

Dec 21, 2020
really considerably don't charge patreons but it's so much time for update, and minus characters? this can be a problem. Everyone and i talk only for me want her sister and loved the game how it was, thanks for the updates and all but there are other games with high quality too ...
Hello.

I understand your point of view. After the creator (like many independent devs) can't really work full time on their game, life isn't always that easy.

For example on the discord, he talked about the difficulties he had in paying his various bills. Afterwards, I find all the things he does for his community very honorable: Giving new information, not taking money from contributors until there is new content....

I also understand that you want to see more content about things you like, but a game is still the vision of its creator. I agree that developers should listen to their communities to improve games. But for me it must not pass before the vision of the creator then becomes obliged to leave his vision for that of others.

I am not criticizing anything or anyone with this message. Just saying that if we want to have the game as we want, then we have to become an developer :ROFLMAO:.

Thank you for your reply to my post and have a nice day :)

Javichu

Jan 31, 2018
Hello.

I understand your point of view. After the creator (like many independent devs) can't really work full time on their game, life isn't always that easy.

For example on the discord, he talked about the difficulties he had in paying his various bills. Afterwards, I find all the things he does for his community very honorable: Giving new information, not taking money from contributors until there is new content....

I also understand that you want to see more content about things you like, but a game is still the vision of its creator. I agree that developers should listen to their communities to improve games. But for me it must not pass before the vision of the creator then becomes obliged to leave his vision for that of others.

I am not criticizing anything or anyone with this message. Just saying that if we want to have the game as we want, then we have to become an developer :ROFLMAO:.

Thank you for your reply to my post and have a nice day :)
Loooooooooooool I didn't mentioned any change only sugerences, if you are bored play other games it's one of its, if you are bored of reading ever the same don't read :eek:

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes