Unity Steps 4 Happiness [v0.2.2.1] [MaliXe]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

VL0rD

Oct 29, 2016
hmm... if this was in renpy version i think this game would last... no offense but most of the unity games similar to this game have been discontinued.. you know its more job for you.. but i will support you

Reactions: MaliXe

nenesio

Jun 22, 2019
10 minutes of gameplay and requires a substantial graphical improvement, but it is a bit different from what we can usually see here.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
hmm... if this was in renpy version i think this game would last... no offense but most of the unity games similar to this game have been discontinued.. you know its more job for you.. but i will support you
Thanks! I appreciate your sincerity.

I understand better than anyone why so many give up on developing this type of game on Unity. It's a big challenge to code almost everything from scratch. Even things that seem as simple as the skip system took a long time before I figured out how to do it.

But even though it still doesn't appear in this first release, I've already crossed many barriers here. For example, animating two characters at the same time touching each other is difficult and time-consuming, but the system I created is totally dynamic and allows me to put the characters in any position with huge freedom of movement. Even the way the cock is attached to the pussy is totally dynamic and even if the girl twerks, the cock will follow the movement.

I find it kind of impressive what I managed to achieve, especially considering that I work alone, with limited time and I had never typed a single line of code until earlier this year. Still, almost every criticism I received was about the (creep) model designs, which I had little time to work with since I was focused on making the game run.

(By the way, I haven't implemented save yet, so dumb I forgot to hide the Save and Load buttons. And English is not my native language. Sorry, English proofreaders cost money and at the moment I don't have any. : '( )

So far I have created a system capable of creating the game I would like to play, based on "show don't tell", where characters can be developed by actions and reactions instead of long expositive texts. I already feel proud and accomplished for it.

Also, I really enjoy doing this work. Even if fewer people like my game, these people and I deserve the development of the project to continue. The only thing that would make me discontinue is if I never get any patreon because, as you said, it's a lot of job and it takes up a lot of my time to be a simple unpaid hobby.

Gengu

May 11, 2017
Honestly, the new models is horrendous especially mom and daughter.
their eye wide open all the time, and both mom and daughter looks like they want to stare you to death.
pale blue eyes is fine maybe try to make a little bit darker on the limbus and make the pupils bigger.
New mom model is just bad, no idea why you ditch the old model. that one looks way better when compare to the new one.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you, guys. The Old models were the first characters I made learning to use Blender. They have some topology issues. The shoulders and pelvis break depending on the movement. The new characters have many advantages.

Let me first simplify faces and make expressions smoother among other modifications. I just haven't done it so far because I've been working on the code all this time.

m0rphin3

Jan 25, 2018
Hey, nice game, Iam looking forward to next updates. Finally some 3d game, with the "family" setting. I remember spending many hours playing the Twist. Good luck with your work, I will definitely keep my eye on this :).

kaken

Oct 12, 2017
work with light, one source only, it is wrong when you evrywhere have shadows, and ass is lighting :p

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
From today I will post on my Patreon page commenting on the progress of the work. If you want you can follow me there. :)

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Tested the game, big improvement since the 1st release.

Things i'm sure need improvement:

-Characters movement: They look really stiff and unnatural (try making them more natural).
-Facial expression: Please improve this, the eyes and all....its scary.
-Some of the text: The writing can improve, i don't know if english is your native language, but overall, it can be improved.
- The hands on the dinner table: They look scary, keep them idle, no need to make all them fingers move like that, and avoid the hovering.

Bug fixes needed:

- step sisters panties when she peeps need to stay in place.
-You can "target" your step sister when shes inside the room.
- When you load a save file, you get a weird cam view that doesn't let you do anything (i'm guessing that since there isn't much to do, its ok (for now).

I've been working on some of this. Facial expressions are a lot better now, only the father still needs some work, but as he appears little early in the game, he'll be that way for now.

I improved the textures and some animations, but making the movements more human-like is a slow process. I think it might be a good idea to put "buy motion capture equipment" as one of my goals in Patreon :cry:. But I will focus on this point in the next releases.

Here you can see how this revision release went.

I plan to do one more revision adding save and translation systems and another adding details and sandbox elements, then there will be a public release.

Please, is anyone here interested in helping me with English writing? The same goes for translations. If you want to help me translate the game into your native language, click here:

Thank you all and see you later.

Last edited:

snowman11

Mar 18, 2019
Is this game still being developed, I thought about this game recently and was wondering what had happened?

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Is this game still being developed, I thought about this game recently and was wondering what had happened?
Hi friend. Let me try to explain what happened. First of all, I'm still working on the game and I don't intend to give up, but things have gotten a little slow in recent months. To make a long story short I had some financial problems and I had to focus on other jobs to pay the bills.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I was offered a regular job, which I had to accept. On the bright side, my financial problems have been solved (partially). On the other hand, my time to work on the game got even shorter. And I confess that my mood hasn't been the same, especially in the last few weeks I've been dropping the code sometimes to do anything else.

However, I am making progress. The first thing that obstructed my work was programming the UI, which I didn't think would be so hard. But I already managed to make it work, now it has to be visually acceptable. I also moved the story a bit further, created a sitcom-style transition for time passages, fixed animation problems, and tweaked the source code to make it easier to extend the game. I even put on paper dozens of characters and short story arcs to accompany the main story arc.

The reason I haven't published a new release is that I don't think it would be very productive right now. I have thought that perhaps it was my mistake to expose my work at such a primitive stage. Although I was able to use the feedback to make some decisions and all the words of encouragement and even people willing to help with the translations, which made me really grateful (you're the best, guys), most people didn't understand that I was starting from scratch, with a new source code and new models that I intended to improve over time (as soon as I learned how to do this).

It didn't bother me so much when I realized that all the few people who signed up for my Patreon just wanted to download the exclusive releases and unsubscribe then, avoiding the payment date. But it bothered me when I saw sites posting my last release still with the thumb and prints of the first release. Anyone who tested my first attempt at making a game might think it will always be that rough.

So I decided not to post again until I really have something relevant to show. It's also not interesting to post about my progress because the feedback is zero and consumes my time. Even writing this long text that few people will read spent time that I could use in the development of the game, but I thought it was worth an explanation because I like this site and the people who comment here.

To those who are still interested in what I intend to create, wish me luck. Any news will be posted on my Patreon and I will keep coming back here from time to time.

Thank you all and see you later!

snowman11

Mar 18, 2019
Hi friend. Let me try to explain what happened. First of all, I'm still working on the game and I don't intend to give up, but things have gotten a little slow in recent months. To make a long story short I had some financial problems and I had to focus on other jobs to pay the bills.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I was offered a regular job, which I had to accept. On the bright side, my financial problems have been solved (partially). On the other hand, my time to work on the game got even shorter. And I confess that my mood hasn't been the same, especially in the last few weeks I've been dropping the code sometimes to do anything else.

However, I am making progress. The first thing that obstructed my work was programming the UI, which I didn't think would be so hard. But I already managed to make it work, now it has to be visually acceptable. I also moved the story a bit further, created a sitcom-style transition for time passages, fixed animation problems, and tweaked the source code to make it easier to extend the game. I even put on paper dozens of characters and short story arcs to accompany the main story arc.

The reason I haven't published a new release is that I don't think it would be very productive right now. I have thought that perhaps it was my mistake to expose my work at such a primitive stage. Although I was able to use the feedback to make some decisions and all the words of encouragement and even people willing to help with the translations, which made me really grateful (you're the best, guys), most people didn't understand that I was starting from scratch, with a new source code and new models that I intended to improve over time (as soon as I learned how to do this).

It didn't bother me so much when I realized that all the few people who signed up for my Patreon just wanted to download the exclusive releases and unsubscribe then, avoiding the payment date. But it bothered me when I saw sites posting my last release still with the thumb and prints of the first release. Anyone who tested my first attempt at making a game might think it will always be that rough.

So I decided not to post again until I really have something relevant to show. It's also not interesting to post about my progress because the feedback is zero and consumes my time. Even writing this long text that few people will read spent time that I could use in the development of the game, but I thought it was worth an explanation because I like this site and the people who comment here.

To those who are still interested in what I intend to create, wish me luck. Any news will be posted on my Patreon and I will keep coming back here from time to time.

Thank you all and see you later!
Thanks for the clarification. Glad to hear that your situation is getting better. One of the reasons why I like this game is that it shows potential (in a good way). Some games work well, some have a story, and some have a good group of characters. I see all those specifications in this game. I will be keeping track of this game and I wish you good luck.

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes