Unity Steps 4 Happiness [v0.2.2.1] [MaliXe]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
screen07.jpg

So I posted a playable demo for my supporters (I only have one at the moment. Thanks arshavinstyle, you're awesome!). So if you want to experience a little bit of what I'm creating, the tier is just 1 dollar, so you can help me continue with the project.

In case you don't want to contribute but are curious to know how the game looks, I posted several images on Dicord. I intend to use Discord to notify you of the news, so get in there if you are interested.

See you later!

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Hello friends! Test version Steps 4 Happiness v0.2.1.0 released for supporters only. The public version will come out as soon as the game is properly tested and fixed. ;)

Arshavinstyle

Donor
Feb 28, 2020
Update!
Windows:
452,4 MB

421,6 MB

449 MB

419,1 MB

Mac:
464,1 MB

Linux:
471,2 MB

Changelog v1.2.1.1:
  • Added translations (English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish).
  • Fixed problems with the time transition.
  • Fixed issues related to game logic.
  • Fixed issues related to saving and loading (I have disabled saving during cutscenes for now.)
  • Some adjustments to the lighting.
  • Some small details added to the scenarios
  • Basically everything.*
* Including the character design, source code and even the concept of the game has changed slightly.

This is a new beginning of the development of this game, criticisms, and suggestions are still welcome. If you like the game or understand the potential for the next releases, please consider supporting.

Thank you all, see you!

Reactions: MaliXe

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Does the game have a choice of how to get to a good ending (make them happy)?
Or is the game linear in this regard, and you just have to strictly adhere to certain decisions?

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
Sorry but not impressed with the artwork or models. Also it is a sandbox! Please tag it as such. Unity is a lousy engine.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Update!
Windows:
Steps4Happiness 64 .zip 452,4 MB
Steps4Happiness 64 .zip
Steps4Happiness setup .exe 421,6 MB
Steps4Happiness setup.exe
Steps4Happiness 32 .zip 449 MB
Steps4Happiness 32.zip
Steps4Happiness setup .exe 419,1 MB
Steps4Happiness setup.exe
Mac:
Steps4Happiness mac .zip 464,1 MB
Steps4Happiness mac.zip
Linux:
Steps4Happiness linux .zip 471,2 MB
Steps4Happiness linux.zip

Changelog v1.2.1.1:
  • Added translations (English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish).
  • Fixed problems with the time transition.
  • Fixed issues related to game logic.
  • Fixed issues related to saving and loading (I have disabled saving during cutscenes for now.)
  • Some adjustments to the lighting.
  • Some small details added to the scenarios
  • Basically everything.*
* Including the character design, source code and even the concept of the game has changed slightly.

This is a new beginning of the development of this game, criticisms, and suggestions are still welcome. If you like the game or understand the potential for the next releases, please consider supporting.

Thank you all, see you!

Thank you very much, Arsha, for helping me spread the word. I really need help with that. I hope the game will end up in the hands of more people who like it and want to help, and I accept suggestions on what I should do to make it happen, and even on what I should change in my game to make it more appealing to the public.

Reactions: Arshavinstyle

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Does the game have a choice of how to get to a good ending (make them happy)?
Or is the game linear in this regard, and you just have to strictly adhere to certain decisions?
In fact, I didn't plan any bad ending. The characters will find some kind of happiness together or separately. The main story will be linear until the fourth chapter, so the consequences of the choices will appear more. The parallel stories will be more varied in choices from the beginning.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Sorry but not impressed with the artwork or models. Also it is a sandbox! Please tag it as such. Unity is a lousy engine.
I'm still developing the lighting system, which I think is the biggest problem for the look of the game right now, but those who are following me know that I'm progressing in that direction.

Other things that go against the game's appearance, like texture and scenarios, I intend to improve throughout development. I'm just a person and my time is limited, so I ask for patience.

Models, on the other hand, are simply the best I can do. They can get more attractive as I improve texture and lighting, but I don't intend to touch the models much, except for hair and clothes.

I put this as a visual novel on itch.io, because I thought the linearity of the game could irritate sandbox fans and be more attractive to fans of visual novel, but you are right, this tag can only irritate visual novel fans.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Arshavinstyle

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
I'm still developing the lighting system, which I think is the biggest problem for the look of the game right now, but those who are following me know that I'm progressing in that direction.

Other things that go against the game's appearance, like texture and scenarios, I intend to improve throughout development. I'm just a person and my time is limited, so I ask for patience.

Models, on the other hand, are simply the best I can do. They can get more attractive as I improve texture and lighting, but I don't intend to touch the models much, except for hair and clothes.

I put this as a visual novel on itch.io, because I thought the linearity of the game could irritate sandbox fans and be more attractive to fans of visual novel, but you are right, this tag can only irritate visual novel fans.
Thanks for the reply and good luck.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Does the game have multiple protagonists as the description seems to indicate?

Only male protagonist is included in the tags, and there isn't any reference to it being more than one protagonist in the game (multiple protagonist tag).

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes