Unity Steps 4 Happiness [v0.2.2.1] [MaliXe]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, thanks for asking. I keep working and have made a lot of progress. My game is quite different than it was in the last release. The characters have changed a lot, finally I got the design for the faces I wanted from the beginning, I just didn't have the ability to do it. I have to finish the textures and I still have problems with hair and clothes.

But I have been working little on designs, I think I haven't opened Blender for more than a month. Most of my work has been redoing the game's code. I am getting rid of third party assets and writing my own and I have been surprisingly successful at it. I am also creating tools to make my game as easy as possible to add content. I can say that I am making my own animated visual novel maker for Unity, which can be used to create different games. I even think about making it available to supporters in the future, including tutorials so that others can make their own games using my tools.

print01.png

What makes me take so long is still the limited time I have to work on the project. The solution could be for me to quit my regular job, which is something that I have been thinking seriously since the cases of covid-19 have increased a lot in my country and it has already started to reach my city. On the other hand, I live in a country in an economic crisis, with a huge unemployment rate that will only be worsened by the pandemic. Besides, I have already failed miserably to try to survive working only at home, there is no reason why I think that things can be better now, in a time of even greater crisis.

I confess that I am scared. The only certainty, for now, is that I will continue working on the game, as it has been the best thing to get me out of these thoughts.

snowman11

Mar 18, 2019
Saw that the Patreon is gone or deleted, just wondering if MaliXe is redoing the Patreon or shut down this game entirely.

Reactions: MaliXe

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Saw that the Patreon is gone or deleted, just wondering if MaliXe is redoing the Patreon or shut down this game entirely.
Team Patreon has temporarily suspended my page for security verification because it hasn't received money in a long time (never really). I can't see the logic, but I understand their intention to get my attention. They found nothing wrong with the page and allowed me to relaunch it, but I decided to wait until I had time to update some things.

At the moment I am working with prototype models, so there is nothing very beautiful to show. I am now working on the dynamic movement of hair and clothes. The plan is that next week I'll finish the main characters and I can post a video showing the new designs.

I was really surprised that you noticed the absence of my page and I am very happy to know that someone is still interested in checking the page even I haven't updated it for so long. I apologize for this, I know it is not the best strategy to attract support for my project. I appreciate suggestions for what I could post as I finish putting the pieces in place for a proper launch.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Any news? MaliXe? thx.
Hi! Yes, I have news. I just finished the dynamic animation system for the tits and it's just too much fun. I can't stop playing with the bouncy tits. :LOL:

Now I think that all the main code needed for the game is ready. I also have several characters ready, still missing to add textures to the clothes, but my clothing system is working perfectly, with no skin escaping or ghost panties this time.

I could say that the hard part is over, but of course, I will find a lot of bugs to fix while I'm putting together the story. Also, my time to work on the project remains very limited, so I ask for patience.

I was thinking of posting some videos showing how I set up the animations and stuff like that, and maybe whole scenes being put together, like a making off. It could be something that would justify the patreon while the game is not ready, and of course, some financial aid would greatly speed up the project. Well, it's an idea, as always, I appreciate opinions and suggestions.

print01.jpg print02.jpg

Last edited:

Irondude

Jan 22, 2019
Hi! Yes, I have news. I just finished the dynamic animation system for the tits and it's just too much fun. I can't stop playing with the bouncy tits. :LOL:

Now I think that all the main code needed for the game is ready. I also have several characters ready, still missing to add textures to the clothes, but my clothing system is working perfectly, with no skin escaping or ghost panties this time.

I could say that the hard part is over, but of course, I will find a lot of bugs to fix while I'm putting together the story. Also, my time to work on the project remains very limited, so I ask for patience.

I was thinking of posting some videos showing how I set up the animations and stuff like that, and maybe whole scenes being put together, like a making off. It could be something that would justify the patreon while the game is not ready, and of course, some financial aid would greatly speed up the project. Well, it's an idea, as always, I appreciate opinions and suggestions.

View attachment 877076 View attachment 877077
Thats great! Im glad to read that, and of course, you can do it, I really would look forward to this game, so from now on, you should change the "abandoned" from this post and instead of that could write "WIP" you know for work in progress, also you can upload several versions with minor advances and bug fixes so the people could have more experience with your work, and its really understable the time that you are work on it....personally I really like it (except for some characters looks thats creep me but thats no really important) and can t wait to see and play with these new features that you are describing! way to go man!!! Cant wait to see it!! thanks man.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Thats great! Im glad to read that, and of course, you can do it, I really would look forward to this game, so from now on, you should change the "abandoned" from this post and instead of that could write "WIP" you know for work in progress, also you can upload several versions with minor advances and bug fixes so the people could have more experience with your work, and its really understable the time that you are work on it....personally I really like it (except for some characters looks thats creep me but thats no really important) and can t wait to see and play with these new features that you are describing! way to go man!!! Cant wait to see it!! thanks man.
I have no control over this post to remove the abandoned tag. Actually, I don't even know how it works.

I think I solved the characters creepiness problem, but it may just be my opinion (did you see the images in my last comment? Don't focus on color grading, I need a better monitor to work on this). But this is the harm of showing the work still in the prototype phase.

Maybe I will release separate scenes like demos. I think it may be better than releasing several buggy versions of the game.

So, thanks. I'll think about what to do and I leave a message here, so keep an eye out. See you!

Reactions: DARK087

Irondude

Jan 22, 2019
I have no control over this post to remove the abandoned tag. Actually, I don't even know how it works.

I think I solved the characters creepiness problem, but it may just be my opinion (did you see the images in my last comment? Don't focus on color grading, I need a better monitor to work on this). But this is the harm of showing the work still in the prototype phase.

Maybe I will release separate scenes like demos. I think it may be better than releasing several buggy versions of the game.

So, thanks. I'll think about what to do and I leave a message here, so keep an eye out. See you!
Oh I havent looked that image from upper here honestley! thats excellent! thats not creepy at all! I love it and "color gradin" its not bad actually.... honestly for me, I love when developers shows their prototype, I dont think that its a "harm" because in that way you can see a clear progress and improvement...sure thing man! thats a problem solved, at all.
And, as I said, cant wait to see through new releases! thx for replying and I like your work, for real,
Have a nice day! :D

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Oh I havent looked that image from upper here honestley! thats excellent! thats not creepy at all! I love it and "color gradin" its not bad actually.... honestly for me, I love when developers shows their prototype, I dont think that its a "harm" because in that way you can see a clear progress and improvement...sure thing man! thats a problem solved, at all.
And, as I said, cant wait to see through new releases! thx for replying and I like your work, for real,
Have a nice day! :D
Thank you very much. I'm glad you liked it. :)

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Hello people. I posted a video showing the dynamics of the boobs among other things.
I will be very happy if you take a look. See you!

Last edited:

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, I posted a video showing a little bit of the process of bringing the character to life and an attempt to add voice. I explain it better in the text.

This is more for those who are curious about the process. I plan to bring something more interesting soon. Thank you and see you later.

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
Good game and no patrons :cry:.
Thanks. I kind of understand the lack of confidence in my project, first because I suck at winning people, second because I haven't really delivered anything relevant yet and it's been a long time. Even the moderators don't believe I'm going to make it, see the "Abandoned" tag.

The main reason for the delay is the lack of available time to work on the game. I lost my job last year and today I spend most of my time looking for freelance jobs to pay my rent and eat. I hope that as soon as I release the first version of the revamped game, people will be interested in supporting me on Patreon and other ways, and then I will have time to speed up updates.

Meanwhile, most of my work in the game has been to create tools to facilitate the inclusion of content in the game (another reason I show so little), so I will overcome this lack of time. ;)

A few weeks ago I posted a video capture of part of a sex scene on SubscribeStar, for all my two subscribers to see how the animations are going. Since then I've improved some tools and had to redo the scene, and the process is much faster now.

I will release this scene playable as a demo soon on Patreon and Subscribestar. If you want to see the video capture, the tier on Subscribestar is only $1 and you can cancel later if you don't want to support me, no hard feelings. :cry: (Seriously, no hard feelings ;))

Arshavinstyle

Donor
Feb 28, 2020
Thanks. I kind of understand the lack of confidence in my project, first because I suck at winning people, second because I haven't really delivered anything relevant yet and it's been a long time. Even the moderators don't believe I'm going to make it, see the "Abandoned" tag.

The main reason for the delay is the lack of available time to work on the game. I lost my job last year and today I spend most of my time looking for freelance jobs to pay my rent and eat. I hope that as soon as I release the first version of the revamped game, people will be interested in supporting me on Patreon and other ways, and then I will have time to speed up updates.

Meanwhile, most of my work in the game has been to create tools to facilitate the inclusion of content in the game (another reason I show so little), so I will overcome this lack of time. ;)

A few weeks ago I posted a video capture of part of a sex scene on SubscribeStar, for all my two subscribers to see how the animations are going. Since then I've improved some tools and had to redo the scene, and the process is much faster now.

I will release this scene playable as a demo soon on Patreon and Subscribestar. If you want to see the video capture, the tier on Subscribestar is only $1 and you can cancel later if you don't want to support me, no hard feelings. :cry: (Seriously, no hard feelings ;))

I trust you and your game that promises.

Edit: I can assure you that your game is good, since from the beginning the decisions that one makes as a protagonist have different outcomes, the pointclick format or how the movement is within the game seems to me quite interesting for when there is content. Little content that is normal at first and lack of communication can be a problem. In short, what you are going to do is to your liking and that it first entertains / satisfies you, etc. Usually your work will pay off.

Last edited:

MaliXe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2019
I trust you and your game that promises.

Edit: I can assure you that your game is good, since from the beginning the decisions that one makes as a protagonist have different outcomes, the pointclick format or how the movement is within the game seems to me quite interesting for when there is content. Little content that is normal at first and lack of communication can be a problem. In short, what you are going to do is to your liking and that it first entertains / satisfies you, etc. Usually your work will pay off.
Thank you very much. I will do my best to post a playable demo scene until next weekend. The other scenes will need to be redone, but if everything goes well, it will be faster and I will even be able to make better animations.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 11 Votes