VN Ren'Py Abandoned Stimulation [v0.2] [RIK Productions]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

bobn

Oct 31, 2017
As we explained before, we believe in giving small content often rather than one BIG update. If you dont like the concept of small updates to the content, wait for the official release of 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 Everything in between are in development updates I.E 0.1.2, 0.1.5, etc.

We will start posting change logs as of version in the Discord chat & Patron page.

Change logs for version 0.1.5
Previous saves might result in bugs and errors, Start a new game is strongly advised.
MAJOR CODE CHANGE: Added 3 story modes
- Easy (skip mini games, full points)
- Story (skip mini games, no points)
- Normal. (The full game)
- Added New hack (Hack Device)
- Added minigame (Connect nodes)
- Added I.M. conversation with Maria (2 Hacked pics - 3 new intel pics )
- Added major plot hint.
Thanks!

Open Bob

Sep 12, 2017
As we explained before, we believe in giving small content often rather than one BIG update. If you dont like the concept of small updates to the content, wait for the official release of 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 Everything in between are in development updates I.E 0.1.2, 0.1.5, etc.

We will start posting change logs as of version in the Discord chat & Patron page.

Change logs for version 0.1.5
Previous saves might result in bugs and errors, Start a new game is strongly advised.
MAJOR CODE CHANGE: Added 3 story modes
- Easy (skip mini games, full points)
- Story (skip mini games, no points)
- Normal. (The full game)
- Added New hack (Hack Device)
- Added minigame (Connect nodes)
- Added I.M. conversation with Maria (2 Hacked pics - 3 new intel pics )
- Added major plot hint.
I'm cool with small updates, but will I have to start a new game every time one is released? I'd like to play it, but nothing turns me off a game faster than having to replay stuff I already have.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I'm cool with small updates, but will I have to start a new game every time one is released? I'd like to play it, but nothing turns me off a game faster than having to replay stuff I already have.
Absolutely not! We had to for the 0.1.5 version to add the 3 game modes. It's not something we had anticipated. I'm not saying it might never happen again, but we will avoid it unless there is MAJOR code changes.

Reactions: veeral

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
The story is absolutely NOT controlled by patrons/players, I'm not sure where you're getting that from. There is absolutely a story and a plot and I have no idea why you're saying we're running out of ideas? The ONLY thing patrons get to vote on is WHO's "SIDE" story gets to be continued in the next update. The major plot lines are already well established. If you've played version 0.1.5 there is a hint at a major plot point.
On the developers Patreon website they have a Poll up:

That is technically asking the paying fans for what story to work on next... Therefore it is giving some creative control over story flow...

As to the rest of the post, it was a generalization of what tends (not always) to occur when too much creative control over any aspect of a story is given to a minority of the fan base... Will it end up being detrimental? Maybe No, Maybe Yes... But I was generally speaking about the trends we've all seen in the past when any form of story control is handed out, rather then strictly controlled by any given developer... Who knows, it may have no negative impact what so ever in this particular VN/Game, it may even become a boon, no telling till it happens...

I just feel saddened when I see any story flow/concept/plot/etc. being offered up for a paying fan base to have any say about it... Usually the best method for giving paying fans a sense of involvement in the development process, is voting on non-story related things such as the window dressing items that I mentioned before...

Buy hey, don't take anything I mentioned as mantra on what this particular developer plans to do or is doing... You may want to re-read my original post, as it was a general talk about trends when any developer offers up creative control over the story in any form...

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
On the developers Patreon website they have a Poll up:

That is technically asking the paying fans for what story to work on next... Therefore it is giving some creative control over story flow...

As to the rest of the post, it was a generalization of what tends (not always) to occur when too much creative control over any aspect of a story is given to a minority of the fan base... Will it end up being detrimental? Maybe No, Maybe Yes... But I was generally speaking about the trends we've all seen in the past when any form of story control is handed out, rather then strictly controlled by any given developer... Who knows, it may have no negative impact what so ever in this particular VN/Game, it may even become a boon, no telling till it happens...

I just feel saddened when I see any story flow/concept/plot/etc. being offered up for a paying fan base to have any say about it... Usually the best method for giving paying fans a sense of involvement in the development process, is voting on non-story related things such as the window dressing items that I mentioned before...

Buy hey, don't take anything I mentioned as mantra on what this particular developer plans to do or is doing... You may want to re-read my original post, as it was a general talk about trends when any developer offers up creative control over the story in any form...
I understand what you are saying, I agree to a certain point. For one thing, I believe that involving your fans/patrons into decisions gives them a vested interest to keep supporting the game. If one of the characters is more popular than the others patrons will want to see that content first. It's not that the other content isnt going to happen, it will eventually. In fact polls will not involve a character who's side story has already happen until all the other characters side stories have been done. We're not changing the story, we're just changing the order, which is arbitrary anyway, whether we make the decision or patrons makes no change to the overall story.

The second thing is that its impossible to work on a game that's dependent on monthly patron support to continue to exist and provide ALL content that's currently being worked on in one update, the logic is if you give the patrons what they want, they will keep supporting you. The main plot or the side story plots won't ever be left up to patrons to decide, I agree that that would lead to chaos.

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
V0.2 RELEASED!

Change log:
- RPS game now substracts 2 detection points when you win.
- New Story: Trip with Erika to the village. (You may need to go to sleep to trigger event)
- New Animation (Erika trip)
- New Flashback minigame.
- New Archived Flashback (Erika trip).
- Fixed Erika Influence points bug.
- Fixed some spelling mistakes.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:E4D3E648312F681340D3EC739A29D2ACB0307F89&xl=165558979&dn=StIMULATION.torrent

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
When you dont know how to use a torrent file then write it and dont say it doesnt work !!! (it works)
A now how to use a torrent file!!!
Copy the magnet link to a new page, and start it with a torrent program.... Like VUZE.....

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
Kudos for having easy modes and such now. The RPS game or any luck-based stuff just annoys, it's not fun, just pure grind. 0.2 - easy mode or not - did kind of solidify that this isn't something I'm that interested in, but it's much better as a normal VN without really dull minigames.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote