VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.11.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
the game doesnt want to appear ..
but if i played not revamp, game normal ..
so 2 things that i've seen so far:

1) during the original game development, i avoided updating renpy so that i didn't have problems. However, after finishing the first game draft, I've updated renpy for the revamp and the newer versions no longer support 32 bit (not sure if this applies to you in case you're using an older system). this should be reflected in all renpy games that are being built with renpy 8.x

2) i also have one linux user who's been unable to boot it but i haven't figured out why yet. that's only been one of my linux users so far.

if you look in your game folder, you may have a file called "traceback". if you see that file, i'm cool with you posting it here. just make sure that you look through it for personal information. i know that it can sometimes show your game folder which may include a account or profile name in it

DavidB1

Mar 6, 2022
Oh, I did not expect the revamp would fully replace the game (like it ended on chapter 1). I'm assuming it will only touch the way wording and images? Without new stuff?

Reactions: Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Oh, I did not expect the revamp would fully replace the game (like it ended on chapter 1). I'm assuming it will only touch the way wording and images? Without new stuff?
the revamp is going to include the foundation of the original but will have some added stuff in it. there's already added stuff in the current revamp. so it adds music, sound effects, writing improvements, and major image changes are planned for the beginning of the game. the revamp also has removed the repeating stuff during the first 2 chapters and will be more linear like the rest of the game is. as the revamp progresses, there will probably be less image changes as the end game images are pretty good already. i'll just pull those into the revamp. but yes, the revamp is actually just the next stage of the original version. so when it's done, the revamp will actually become the real version of Straight!? and the old version will go away

also, it's been mentioned before but not sure if i said it on here. the revamp progress is kinda slow right now because of all the organizing changes at the beginning but i anticipate it will increase in production time as it progresses since there's going to be less writing work to do and just music and image editing at the end. so be patient for the first few updates here then things should smooth out

• Red Heart
Reactions: Moosica and DavidB1

DavidB1

Mar 6, 2022
the revamp is going to include the foundation of the original but will have some added stuff in it. there's already added stuff in the current revamp. so it adds music, sound effects, writing improvements, and major image changes are planned for the beginning of the game. the revamp also has removed the repeating stuff during the first 2 chapters and will be more linear like the rest of the game is. as the revamp progresses, there will probably be less image changes as the end game images are pretty good already. i'll just pull those into the revamp. but yes, the revamp is actually just the next stage of the original version. so when it's done, the revamp will actually become the real version of Straight!? and the old version will go away

also, it's been mentioned before but not sure if i said it on here. the revamp progress is kinda slow right now because of all the organizing changes at the beginning but i anticipate it will increase in production time as it progresses since there's going to be less writing work to do and just music and image editing at the end. so be patient for the first few updates here then things should smooth out
Yes, I have already noticed those changes in the beginning > it's got much better for sure. I believe I also noticed the changes in dialoges (although I've played the game like 6 or more months ago) such as the option to not tell Braden that you are gay, but I'm not 100% sure on that lol.

Anyways, no worries, take your time. I always liked your game so will wait for the final version patiently. Although, I might want to play the old version while the new one is getting ready haha

Best regards!

Windsug

Jan 5, 2020
so 2 things that i've seen so far:

1) during the original game development, i avoided updating renpy so that i didn't have problems. However, after finishing the first game draft, I've updated renpy for the revamp and the newer versions no longer support 32 bit (not sure if this applies to you in case you're using an older system). this should be reflected in all renpy games that are being built with renpy 8.x

2) i also have one linux user who's been unable to boot it but i haven't figured out why yet. that's only been one of my linux users so far.

if you look in your game folder, you may have a file called "traceback". if you see that file, i'm cool with you posting it here. just make sure that you look through it for personal information. i know that it can sometimes show your game folder which may include a account or profile name in it
but i dont have "traceback" in my game :(

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
but i dont have "traceback" in my game :(
go up one folder and look in the base "revamp" folder and see if it's there. you'd have to boot the game and let it crash before the traceback file shows up though i think.

lerboy

Jun 2, 2017
Hi, on the patreon site i read, that on the 16th of January the ver. 0.03 can be downloaded, but i can't find it.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Hi, on the patreon site i read, that on the 16th of January the ver. 0.03 can be downloaded, but i can't find it.
I legit just posted it like 2 seconds ago so we were probably posting at the same time. I got busy with the new update and legit lost track of the date. no other excuse than that. it's up now though. enjoy :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Moosica and lerboy

lerboy

Jun 2, 2017
I legit just posted it like 2 seconds ago so we were probably posting at the same time. I got busy with the new update and legit lost track of the date. no other excuse than that. it's up now though. enjoy :)
OK, I don't want to urge You. You're making a tremendous job with this game.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
OK, I don't want to urge You. You're making a tremendous job with this game.
oh no way! go ahead. i'm always open to talking or getting constructive feedback or stuff like that. I legit got focused on the new update and completely lost track of what date it was. I usually set up a post ahead of time and i didn't do that this time for absolutely no reason-- thought for sure I'd remember and I thought about it all weekend until the day of then forgot. Only reason it's out today is someone reminded me. you wont offend me by reminding me :)

and glad you like the game. i appreciate that <3

KroqGar

Jun 30, 2017
Can dev put in a bisex way I'm searching a good game where the choice is all on player and you can do sex with both sides or even with trans with a bit of corruption so starting from straight but leading if you want to bisex not to only gay,imho there is not only black or white but also gray

Mar 1, 2019
Can dev put in a bisex way I'm searching a good game where the choice is all on player and you can do sex with both sides or even with trans with a bit of corruption so starting from straight but leading if you want to bisex not to only gay,imho there is not only black or white but also gray
"My Best Friend's Family" He is complete

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
it's weird how close your request is to what's actually in the game. this entire game is the grey area, it just doesn't do it sexually. it focuses more on the emotional side of that grey area and the complex feelings that go with people trying to put you into those black and white boxes.

however, i don't have any plans right now to add any new routes. I think a lot of games start out with too many routes and then they abandon their projects. as a first project, i didn't want to fall apart because the choices spread the story too wide. So i focused on doing one route that i wanted to do justice and have profound character arcs in it. For the reasons i created the story, that one route fit that template. i could always add something later if i really felt inspired by it but right now the fan base got so protective of the ship in the current game that i honestly don't even think my base would support any alternative route at this point. i'd probably be burned at the stake, lol. Hell, by the time Mikhail comes into the game, most people didn't like him because they saw him as a threat (which says a lot about how we judge others but i digress).

but yeah, no plans to include bi content but the grey point you made is very much represented. it's like half the point of the game

Reactions: Moosica
4.90 star(s) 50 Votes