VN Ren'Py Straight!? [Revamp v0.11.1] [Aaryn]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

Habukaz

Apr 9, 2018
Hey Habukaz,

Like, you want the doctor scene skipped completely, you're upset because it's a female character touching them, or you just wanted to see the female doctor naked? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
I assume it is meant to be erotic when straight? guy gets a boner but for me it's just awkward and cringy with the doctor there. I'd rather have the option that both guys could see the doctor seperately or the option to skip the doctor's visit altogether. The player character can offer to leave but the straight? guys for whatever reasons says no. I wish I had the agency to just be able to leave at that point for example.

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I assume it is meant to be erotic when straight? guy gets a boner but for me it's just awkward and cringy with the doctor there. I'd rather have the option that both guys could see the doctor seperately or the option to skip the doctor's visit altogether. The player character can offer to leave but the straight? guys for whatever reasons says no. I wish I had the agency to just be able to leave at that point for example.
Gotcha.
So first off, I'll never say your reaction to the game or an event is incorrect. It's yours and everyone will have different reactions to different events in the game; especially in an erotic game (Everyone has their kinks). In this case, my intent was pretty much what you experienced. IMO, Zack was cringing. He wanted to feel erotic because he got to see his roommate aroused but felt guilty under the circumstances. Overall, Zack has morals--but, he's a 19 year-old with hormones, too. You'll see this paradox throughout. Your use of "cringy" seems appropriate and was sorta my intent. I never intended for it to be erotic. However, it was a necessary step to increase comfort level. IMO, the entire purpose of the doctor visit was to make one character vulnerable and exposed, allowing the other one to comfort him. At this point in the story, it appears Braden would have never been comfortable being naked on his own. The doctor visit was simply a catalyst. If it hadn't been "cringy" there would have been no reason for Zack to be uncomfortable or both characters to have the "talk" afterwards.

jmts16

Aug 20, 2017
I like how the title implies the MC is surprised that he may be S-S-STRAIGHT?!!1?

Rampulla

Apr 30, 2017
I like how the title implies the MC is surprised that he may be S-S-STRAIGHT?!!1?
The main image of the game is a Braden picture and with the game named "Straight!?" I always assumed since the beginning of this game that it was about Braden despite the fact that we control Zack the main character. I could be wrong but i just thought that the title of the game would mean the doubts that Braden will have about his sexuality after the long connection/friendship with Zack.

elleo

Nov 18, 2017
Because Aaryn likes to leave everything open for the player, it can mean a lot.

The main image of the game is a Braden picture and with the game named "Straight!?" I always assumed since the beginning of this game that it was about Braden despite the fact that we control Zack the main character. I could be wrong but i just thought that the title of the game would mean the doubts that Braden will have about his sexuality after the long connection/friendship with Zack.
Logically, it would have to be right. Because that's exactly what I think. :)

Reactions: Rampulla

jmts16

Aug 20, 2017
It is joke, no analyze more than Acheron wanted to joke

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Because Aaryn likes to leave everything open for the player, it can mean a lot.

Logically, it would have to be right. Because that's exactly what I think. :)
You guys sure have a lot of faith in my writing ability to play tricks like that :p

Aykonn

Mar 19, 2018
P
Lol. Well, I appreciate your faith :p

Regardless of how this nonsense turns out when the credits roll.[/QUOTE

PLS PLS PLS KEEP UPDATING THIS GAME. IS TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME. DUDE YOU COULD EASILY WRITE THE PLOT A GAY TV SHOW OR EVEN A MOVIE ;)

Reactions: Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
Damn, I don't know about that:p But thank you. Seriously. I never really know how to respond to comments like this. I get that warm fuzzy feeling and don't really know what to do about it :p So thank you.

The game is still moving forward. If you're not on the Patreon site, I took almost a month to go back and redo a few minor edits and corrections plus my outline was really old. As the story has progressed, the characters have begun to write themselves, straying from my outline significantly. Some day I may show the old outline just to prove a point of how much detail manifested during the writing process.

That being said, I'm updating the game as we speak and working on the new version v0.9. I'll probably post the updated version (v0.8.2) after the current one on here but don't expect any new content in that one. It was just a restructuring month for me. Needed a break and to go back through and replay some stuff to get continuity. v0.9 is in the works though. No ETA as of yet.

Reactions: antoniomoets

Aykonn

Mar 19, 2018
Damn, I don't know about that:p But thank you. Seriously. I never really know how to respond to comments like this. I get that warm fuzzy feeling and don't really know what to do about it :p So thank you.

The game is still moving forward. If you're not on the Patreon site, I took almost a month to go back and redo a few minor edits and corrections plus my outline was really old. As the story has progressed, the characters have begun to write themselves, straying from my outline significantly. Some day I may show the old outline just to prove a point of how much detail manifested during the writing process.

That being said, I'm updating the game as we speak and working on the new version v0.9. I'll probably post the updated version (v0.8.2) after the current one on here but don't expect any new content in that one. It was just a restructuring month for me. Needed a break and to go back through and replay some stuff to get continuity. v0.9 is in the works though. No ETA as of yet.
I'll check your Patreon, of course I'd like to cooperate as soon as I can. And seriously, don't be shy dude, you really are a talented storyteller.

Reactions: JamesM82 and Aaryn

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I'll check your Patreon, of course I'd like to cooperate as soon as I can. And seriously, don't be shy dude, you really are a talented storyteller.
Well, thank you :). And the suggestion to check out the Patreon wasnt a hint or commercial to subscribe. I just had a lot more detail on there on what was going on if you wanted the details and I'm pretty sure those were in free posts :)

Reactions: antoniomoets
Nov 9, 2017
How's the game coming along @Aaryn ? I've had my fill of straight games and am desperately awaiting this for some m/m action.

Also noticed I made a typo in my post from may 10 lol you're instead of your

Reactions: JamesM82

Aaryn

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
How's the game coming along @Aaryn ? I've had my fill of straight games and am desperately awaiting this for some m/m action.

Also noticed I made a typo in my post from may 10 lol you're instead of your
Heh, hopefully before too long. I'm finishing up the writing on the next update soon. Think almost all the CGs are done. So I just need to finish a bit of writing then do some bug testing. I'm shooting for next week if I can pull it off *crosses fingers*

Nov 9, 2017
Heh, hopefully before too long. I'm finishing up the writing on the next update soon. Think almost all the CGs are done. So I just need to finish a bit of writing then do some bug testing. I'm shooting for next week if I can pull it off *crosses fingers*
Crossing swords is better ;)

Reactions: Aaryn
4.90 star(s) 50 Votes